Thread: Roaches Can Move While Burrowed

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Roaches Can Move While Burrowed

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Is it true that Roaches are able to move while burrowed?

The development team is currently experimenting with Roaches that can move while burrowed. The Roach will also have a speed upgrade as well, which will make its base speed (close to a Zealot without charge) increase to a speed slightly slower than a Stalker. At the moment, Roaches while burrowed move roughly half the speed as it would above ground.

This new mechanic should open up some pretty cool micro strategies in positioning for the Roach, since essentially the best role it currently plays is as a tank, soaking up damage from the enemy.
    Sounds interesting

Default Re: Roaches Can Move While Burrowed

Of course... they won't release the game until Zerg are interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
    Of course... they won't release the game until Zerg are interesting.
    Is that code for "Battle.net is ready"?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

Quote Originally Posted by pure.Wasted View Post
    Is that code for "Battle.net is ready"?
    Ladies and gentleman we've just uncovered the true reason for why SC2 has been delayed.

Dustin: "Okay, the Zerg are sucking. Nobody want's to play this race, and those that do get murdered because they have so little strategies. We're gonna need time to reinvent them as a whole. How can we explain this to our fans without aggravating them further than they already are?"

Pardo: "Let's tell them that B.NET isn't ready. That should buy us some time to make the Zerg more interesting and less...sucky."

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    Sounds interesting
    http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1329

It sounded interesting yesterday too, when n00b posted it.
    http://sclegacy.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=23&dateline=124193888  6

Please stop the spread of Mass Effect!!!

Posters of this forum REAAAAALLYY need to learn how to make topic titles. How the am I supposed to know this was in there when there's a topic called "Karune's back" once a month and the topic title says nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    Posters of this forum REAAAAALLYY need to learn how to make topic titles. How the am I supposed to know this was in there when there's a topic called "Karune's back" once a month and the topic title says nothing else.
    Information moves rapidly on most of the SC2 forums. Generally, if news is a day late there's a good chance it's already been posted and discussed at length by now. Uncertainty about this can always be resolved with a quick search of the forum.

I did search the forum and the place I got this information from posted it about 10 minutes before I posted this.

And, that's not true at all. I've been on "vacation" for days at a time and come back and not seen fairly important news posted.

of course Blizzard will never release a game until it's fun... whether the reason is battle.net or whether Zerg is just boring to play. Heck, they haven't even started beta yet and they don't really need EVERYTHING in place for B.net to get it running.

Something's up, I can smell it. They can easily run a crappier version of b.net, to run the beta with just balance changes, then slow implement upgrades to b.net as they come.

But hey, they're blizzard, beta is goig to be better than most full releases.

TychusFindlay, it is totally understandable why you posted this again. No worries. However, I'm going to close this thread and direct you there. Thanks.