Thread: Am I paranoid or ....

Default Am I paranoid or ....

Hi,

I apologise if this is the wrong place to put this.

I just played a game zvt and I was trying a blue flame helion drop against this player. For some reason he moved a load of zerglings and roaches to intercept the drop.

Now I would normally put this down to experience and move on but on watching the replay there was no way he could have seen what I was doing - he had no vision of my base and the drop didnt pass any overlords.

I did report this but I wonder if anyone else can spot what would have made him do what he did.

Thanks.

Sminkly

Default Re: Am I paranoid or ....

He doesn’t scout and there’s a suspicious bit where he looks at your base at 5:54 through the fog to see the factory with the tech lab add-on. And though he doesn't move his camera to see your dropship, assuming he has a maphack he could see the dot on the mini map, so he moves his army into his base as you move out with it- about 8:30. He then repositions his army closer to the edge at around 9:30 as your dropship gets closer. The signs point to maphacking, but it also looks like he’s trying to hide it by not staring over your base for 30 seconds.

Oh, and as an aside, I would expo after hellion pressure, not go into 3 rax. But that's just me. ^_^
    Last edited by Zabimaru; 07-10-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Back with all gun's blazing.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Yeah obvious hacker. At 5:40 he randomly looks into your base when he doesn't have vision or isn't ordering anything to go there. He tried to spread overlords right when your drop left to pretend that he saw you coming. Hope this douche gets banned. :P

On an unrelated note, why in the world did you gg?! It's not like your harass even failed. Could have landed hellions in his nat. Worst case scenario you could have tried to roll him with some all-in 1 base push.
    Last edited by Gradius; 07-10-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Obvious cheat is obvious, he never did saw any of your unit for the whole game. But you shouldn't give up because they cheat, you should steamroll while they think they are unstoppable.

Hi,

Thanks for looking.

I would point out that this is bronze league so we are not talking high level play.

It's good to know I'm not paranoid, it had been a day of heavy losses so it could have passed me by.

As to why I gg'd, well I had been on a losing streak so I assumed at first I just was playing to form. The replay is what made me wary.

Thanks for the tip about moving out of the bf helion, I play random so in general I just have an idea about builds and then they fall apart once game starts. ( as someone said "no battle plan survives first contact with the enemy" - a tenet that I seem to play by in sc2).

Thanks again.

Sminkly

i didnt watch it as it seems to have been cleared up.

just wanted to say, be sure to use the report function, and this guy will be taken care of eventually, if he does cheat.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Just like everyone else said, the person you played is indeed using a map hack. The one that everyone mentioned at 5:40 is a big one, BUT that is not the only one (after all, just one look into the fog of war could be blind luck or coincidence and I can not claim a hacker off just one circumstance. Luckily for us, the guy was an idiot and did not hide his hacking well at all. Please note that all of my observations of him were done ONLY from his perspective on what he COULD see if there was fog of war.

-The first sign: when the game started he looked directly at where you base was through the fog of war. Again, it could have been a coincidence and happenstance BUT, he did not look at any other base the entire game.

-The second sign: he did not scout you AT ALL. If not for your initial scv, there would have been no way that he could know that you were Terran. He did not scout with a ling, or overlord, or roach, or drone, or ANYTHING. From his point of view he had NO clue where you were until nearly the time you were going to drop. And at that point he only knew you were NOT in the south position cuz his overlord scouted it.

He has played over 100 games on that account this season (including team games) so there is VERY little chance that his teammates would NOT explain to him the basics of scouting. It is possible that he hacks in team games as well, BUT hack or not you can not play over 100 games with a set team of people who are above platinum themselves and not know the basics of needing to scout.

I would suggest that not only YOU report him, but get everyone on your friends list to report him as well. Tell them to note the fact that he hacked YOU and they saw the replay of it. There have been a few streams that I have watched where the other person was hacking (it was a drop hack, not map hack)and not only did the broadcaster report them, but so did everyone watching that had access to the broadcasters match history. I am sure getting 1000+ reports in less than 1 minute will definitely flag someone as suspicious.
    I realize that I change my signature often. All I can say to that is: SO??? HAI FIVE!! (*・∀・)/♡\(・∀・*)

If you like anyone's post, be sure to give them additional rep.