Thread: A facinating comparison of EA vs Zynga, with a little Acti-Blizzard on the side

Default A facinating comparison of EA vs Zynga, with a little Acti-Blizzard on the side

Articles like this facinate me. Just some good raw number comparison with a very basic evaluation.

http://venturebeat.com/2011/07/03/th...arts-vs-zynga/

I'd like to hear your thoughts if you read this. (It's semi short)
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

Default Re: A facinating comparison of EA vs Zynga, with a little Acti-Blizzard on the side

Well....I had a finance class that said something I tend to agree with. That point was "Statistically speaking IPOs have a high tendency to fail/not perform as well as expected which isn't reflected in its initial market valuation."

It's just a tendency for a "shiny new thing". It's quite likely it's very overpriced and the market will quickly react to that once it's out. Zynga is a way to directly reach a large userbase. Extremely useful for advertising; e.g. Google. It has a lot of potential in that regard. Eventually it might earn a ton of money if it takes on a heavy advertising style like Google, but that time is not now. And the article is kinda retarded calling EA the "past". If the company continues to make solid profits then it's not dead yet (unless it's done with accounting trickery).

Would be funny if like Farmville you suddenly see "branded" tractors.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.