Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: List your battle.net features you want to see

Default List your battle.net features you want to see

1. Auto Refresh in game lobbies
    2. Different backgrounds during loading a map for different teams.
    3. After you finish loading a map you enter the map and wait until the rest of the people have finished loading. You see who has finished loading, who hasn't and can communicate.
    4. The map has multiple pictures of it in lobby. You can see for example it's logo, it's overhead, and close up images.
    5. Ping of the host in the search directory
    6. Ping of each player in game lobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

Default Re: List your battle.net features you want to see

Quote Originally Posted by Hamshank View Post
    1. Auto Refresh in game lobbies
    2. Different backgrounds during loading a map for different teams.
    3. After you finish loading a map you enter the map and wait until the rest of the people have finished loading. You see who has finished loading, who hasn't and can communicate.
    4. The map has multiple pictures of it in lobby. You can see for example it's logo, it's overhead, and close up images.
    5. Ping of the host in the search directory
    6. Ping of each player in game lobby.
    Different Themes I can apply for Bnet skins and what not. Not limited to SC2 Themes.
    Sonic: [dressed as a cop] Let me speak to the driver.
    Grounder: I'm not driving. He is!
    Scratch: No I'm not.
    Sonic: Driving without a driver? Now you're really in for it.

Sonic: You know? I sure have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by supersonic View Post
    Different Themes I can apply for Bnet skins and what not. Not limited to SC2 Themes.
    wow good idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

Assuming this thread isn't ment to agree or disagree with what people want I will list my wants.

1. Multi Channel Tab - ex. HoN channels
    2. No Default Channel
    3. Clan Wars Mode - Hopefully with alot of options, but at least typical clan wars format.
    4. Easy way to mute people
    5. Good Chat system ( they already have this)
    6. Lots of alternative fun game mutators built into the custom game creator ( IE random unit mode or something)
    7. Good Matchmaking, and RT matchmaking ladder all the way threw all the leagues
    8. Weekly Tournaments, of all game modes, RT 2v2 AT and FFA etc.
    9. Be able to view the ladder within the system.
    10. Casual League with all game modes.
    11. Mute "pings" from a player of your choice, so people cant get ping crazy while OBSing
    12. WATCH REPLAYS ONLINE WITH FRIENDS
    13. No clan decaying as long as theres active members.
    14. Clan Channels
    15. Themes would be nice. One for each race, and maybe a old school skin.
    16. Revive guild chat from a WoW guild if all the members have a bnet account.
    17. Loading screen "race" with chat! ( see HoN) but add chat if your loaded.
    18. No ping display, only ping by "bars" like in previous games please.
    19. Auto Login when you click the game.
    20. Anti Spam system not as gay, Sorry I press enter alot bnet -...-
    21. Tournament replays aviable for download from within the client.
    22. Being able to create and customize a Ladder and manage it like ICCUP. (for a fee ofc) ie. There could be a "search Sclegacy ladder" if your running a tournament and match making would match you based on your rank within that league.

I will edit in more when I think of some..

Actually I would prefer there not be any ping telling thing.

Just a graphic Green if play is possible smoothly
    and grey if its not.

That way people wont just kick everyone with a yellow connection which I thought was unfair since plenty of people with high pings have a stable connection and wont drop.
    Last edited by Islandsnake; 08-28-2009 at 06:16 PM.
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

- Being able to watch replays online, with friends.

- Having WaaaghTV intergrated into Battle.net (it's a WC3 program that allows you to broadcast games like they were live-replays, so you watch it inside WC3 the same way you would a replay, but it is almost live - very nice and doesn't take the kind of bandwidth a stream would. I'm sure someone else can explain how it works better than me).

- Pay 2 Play tournaments, like Sit'n'Go tournaments in poker. Basically, you pay - let's say - 5.50$, with the .50 going to Blizzard (or to whomever is hosting the tournament maybe), and the rest going to the prize pool. Tournament starts as soon as a pre-determined number of people sign-up.

So, as an example: A 16 man 5.50$ sit'n'go would start as soon as 16 people signed up, and have a prize pool of 80$ (split up between the top 3, with the winner taking the most obviously).

- A rematch button for ladder games. At the end of a game, you should be able to click "Ask for rematch?" in which case a message is sent to your opponent, and if he accepts you are matched up again on a random ladder map. This should be limited to 1 rematch a day OR 1 bo3 a day.

IE: If I win and my opponent asks for a rematch, and I lose, I can ask for one more rematch. Regardless of if I win or lose that rematch, we can not play again (except by chance), within the next 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenArbiter View Post
    - Being able to watch replays online, with friends.

- Having WaaaghTV intergrated into Battle.net (it's a WC3 program that allows you to broadcast games like they were live-replays, so you watch it inside WC3 the same way you would a replay, but it is almost live - very nice and doesn't take the kind of bandwidth a stream would. I'm sure someone else can explain how it works better than me).

- Pay 2 Play tournaments, like Sit'n'Go tournaments in poker. Basically, you pay - let's say - 5.50$, with the .50 going to Blizzard (or to whomever is hosting the tournament maybe), and the rest going to the prize pool. Tournament starts as soon as a pre-determined number of people sign-up.

So, as an example: A 16 man 5.50$ sit'n'go would start as soon as 16 people signed up, and have a prize pool of 80$ (split up between the top 3, with the winner taking the most obviously).

- A rematch button for ladder games. At the end of a game, you should be able to click "Ask for rematch?" in which case a message is sent to your opponent, and if he accepts you are matched up again on a random ladder map. This should be limited to 1 rematch a day OR 1 bo3 a day.

IE: If I win and my opponent asks for a rematch, and I lose, I can ask for one more rematch. Regardless of if I win or lose that rematch, we can not play again (except by chance), within the next 24 hours.
    I would love money matches too, but keep dreaming. Paying directly for a tourney with a prize pool would be considered online gambling. The only way to get around it would be to be like SpadeClub, charge a monthly fee, then have the "prizes" come from that pool. And if Blizzard charged a monthly fee of any kind, the river of tears from all the uninformed, crybaby fans would be unstoppable. Even if the monthly fee was JUST for money tourneys.
    Last edited by SaharaDrac; 08-28-2009 at 06:38 PM.

I know *sigh*

Maybe an alternative would be to allow users (maybe premium users!) to create their own tournaments, then they can charge for entry on their own (not via blizzard).

1) The obvious voice chat. While I'm sure this will be in eventually, having it at launch is a high priority for me because I like games for their social aspect.
    2) Post-game lobby where you can chat, watch the replay together, or create a new game.
    3) Being able to watch replays online with friends.
    4) A reset stats button.
    5) Ability to create a personal bio for yourself, with some unique profile questions (weapon of choice, favorite game, most difficult game you ever played, etc).

RoarMan's Avatar Junior Member

1) As said, an easier mute. Squelch is broken now

2) Different Schemes would be a very cool idea! Not neccessary I don't think, but still very cool.

3) Yea, autorefresh would be great.

4) Ability to join my friends games.

5) Rematch option, I also like the idea

6) Built in Ban for people I dislike

7) Ability to easily look at people's stats

8) RECONNECT! If someone D/Cs, the ability to reconnect to the game. (As seen in HoN.)

How does the re-connect feature work? Does it require the other playing waiting around for him to get back, is there like a timer or something?

For non-ladder games, a "save on disconnect" feature would work as well.

Oh, and the ability to watch a replay, pause it, and at any point continue playing from either players perspective (would obviously need more than 1 person watching the replay :P).