Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return to Aiur

Default Return to Aiur

So I'm not sure if this has been addressed or discussed yet, so I'm just gonna throw it out there. We know there used to be (potentially still are) protoss still on Aiur. We also know that there is a small but extremely vocal minority of protoss on Shakuras who are thirsty to renew the battle with the zerg and retake Aiur. My question is simple: will we be revisiting Aiur anytime in SC2?

I can't see the reclamation of Aiur taking place anytime in WoL, because it doesn't really fit in with the story at all. The first episode is all about Raynor and the Mengsk clan. Sure, Zeratul will make an appearance in the mini-campaign but there's not even close enough missions to how important the battle to retake Aiur is to the protoss. Plus, Raynor has no real connection to Aiur anymore. He fought with Fenix to close the warp gate, and it was reactivated (and subsequently shut down in the beginning of Twilight, but now that Fenix is gone, he's got no reason to revisit unless it was a favor to Artanis and the rest of the protoss.

I can see a mission or two in HoS where Kerrigan returns to Aiur to search the underground chambers of the xel'naga, but more than that is doubtful. She's after bigger fish for frying, and going back to Aiur would merely be a stepping stone for her in my eyes.

So of course, that leads me too the protoss campaign LoV. This would be the natural point in which the protoss would make their move to retake Aiur from the zerg, barring any changes to the story that would make it unfeasible or impossible for the protoss to mount any sort of assault. Hopefully Zeratul returns to Shakuras having solved the hybrid debacle, and the protoss are in some position to retake what is rightfully theirs. That would make for some epic battle scenarios, no? What do you all think? Possible? Probable? Would you look forward to the modern day D-Day?

I'll sit back and let people discuss for a bit. I want to know what other theories are out there.
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

Default Re: Return to Aiur

They go to the site of the Overmind's destruction in Wings of Liberty apparently.

I doubt we'll see much more than that in WoL. And I can't even BEGIN to imagine what's going to happen in LotV.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    They go to the site of the Overmind's destruction in Wings of Liberty apparently.

I doubt we'll see much more than that in WoL. And I can't even BEGIN to imagine what's going to happen in LotV.
    Where do you get this information?

At creator how do we know there's still Protoss on Aiur?
    If there was they wouldn't be able to wage any sort of war.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

Quote Originally Posted by Hamshank View Post
    Where do you get this information?
    I remember hearing that along time ago, too. I'd forgotten it, now.

I believe it was BlizzCon '08. That feels so recent, too.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

Dark Templar Saga says there's still Protoss on Aiur.

Actually, in Twilight, they all left or died, so there aren't anymore protoss on Aiur. (I'm assuming the Aiur branch of the Tal'darim got wiped out, and even if not, the zerg still rule Aiur.)
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

That wasn't all of them. If it was, then that tribe leader dude wouldn't have kept pushing to go back to Aiur once he found out about the survivors.

Course I could be wrong about that, but I figured there would be pockets of survivors scattered all around Aiur. It's an entire planet, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That wasn't all of them. If it was, then that tribe leader dude wouldn't have kept pushing to go back to Aiur once he found out about the survivors.
    You mean Urun? He's obssessed. He just wanted an excuse to send troops there.

Course I could be wrong about that, but I figured there would be pockets of survivors scattered all around Aiur. It's an entire planet, after all.
    Zeratul, Artanis and Selendis only spotted that one group, and figured they couldn't survive. I doubt there were any other groups large enough to make it.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

It was mentioned in the descriptiong for StarCraft: Ghost that Nova would venture to the Overmind's death bed.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Sorry to be off topic but have the Ghost series been any good? I haven't read anything by that author. For the record, I hate Knaak and I love Golden's work.