Thread: SPECULATE: the final moments of Heart of the Swarm

Default SPECULATE: the final moments of Heart of the Swarm

How do you think this next installment will and/or should end?

First off, I can't help but think, judging by the title "Heart of the Swarm" and what we've heard about it being a sort of RPG-ish type game, that HotS is going to be an expansion totally dedicated to the introspective rediscovery and personal development of Sarah Kerrigan.

As such, if things go like I somewhat hope and expect them to go, I see something like Kerrigan holding a gun to Mengsk's head, nothing in the way of her blastin' a hole right through him. Then she has a flashback to BW days when she, as the Queen of Blades, swore vengeance against him for his abandoning her on Tarsonis. She realizes that she would be submitting to that last little echo of "evil" if she kills him, so, in an effort to fully rectify her return to humanity, she let's him go to live a life of exile. Enraged at the thought of such a life, Mengsk does something stupid, and ends up getting killed by either Raynor or Kerrigan . . . or both . . . or another character that's fitting enough. Thus, Mengsk dies as he should, Valerian takes the throne, and Kerrigan completes her "rehabilitation" into the human race -- thus setting the stage for Legacy of the Void.

Oh yeah, and that ex-marshal guy just takes a back seat, lol xP

Default Re: SPECULATE: the final moments of Heart of the Swarm

Well there was the leaked ending for HotS that came out a couple months ago. That probably is the ending unless Blizzard changes it.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerIV View Post
    Well there was the leaked ending for HotS that came out a couple months ago. That probably is the ending unless Blizzard changes it.
    Yeah, I saw that recently. I hope it doesn't end like that. It's WAY too hokey

I wanna see mengsk truly squirm before he goes down. He's always been obsessed with power; that's why I loved his fall in the leaked scene. In his final moments, he's realized that he's lost and is going to die, so he just lashes out spitefully at those he hurt in order to cling to his last bit of dignity.
    In any case he's tryly proven to be a monster by aiding the dark voice. I also liked kerrigan's lines because it's shown that she has finally come to terms with her past and works towards redemption.

I personally await the final battle of legacy of the void (Zeratul and Kerrigan vs the Dark Voice.)

How do you think this next installment will and/or should end?
    The cynic in me sees it ending exactly the same way as was shown in the leaked video. The developers admitted that they're only good with one type of storyline (noble savages, ancient evil we must team up to defeat, blah blah) and they're gonna cram that in somehow, no matter how silly it might be.

A small part hopes it might be a repeat of Brood War: with Kerrigan gone, the Zerg are forced to form a new hive mind to maintain their gestalt consciousness. The new Overmind, though, doesn't have the evil programming of the last Overmind (), he's a good guy at heart, honestly! Which of course lures the good guys into complacency, then BAM! The true "heart of the swarm" is shown to be what it was always meant to be: a force of nature, uncaring, consuming everything in its goal of achieving biological perfection. Despite being a rehash of what was already told, it would go some ways to salvaging the situation with the Zerg.

Honestly, the way I really hope it goes would completely negate the storyline set up in WoL, so there's not much point in expanding upon it.
    Superior capability in language does not necessarily equate to superior intelligence...but it certainly doesn't help your argument if you sound stupid.

except that that would be utterly retarded horseshit. I do not want retreading old ground; blizzard already statd that the zerg would not be moral or noble; if anything the dv just harnessed the killer instinct to serve his own ends (redirecting it against the protoss, which was an impractical direction.) Plus the overmind was acting partially out of self preservation); we've also seen the hybrids since brood war and the "overmind corrupted" does clear up at least three plot holes (why did he plant himself on aiur like a giant bullseye thus giving the protoss a chance to whack him? why did he leave his prized creation behind after spending half the campaign boasting about how great she was? why go after a species that would be utterly incompatible even if they weren't immune."

WOL's storyline wasn't anywhere near as bad as people thought, and brrodwar's story wasn't as good as people claim.

my guess is that if the zerg have individuality they will harness the compassinoate side of nature as well as the destructive side.