Thread: i'm surprised no 1 has posted the art book

Default i'm surprised no 1 has posted the art book

i own the collector's edition, so i have the art book on my book self. i haven't bothered to glance at it since last year, so i decided to look at it again for coolness sake.

after all these months i would have thought someone long ago would have posted the art for people to enjoy who don't own the book. if someone already has done this thread long ago, i didn't see it so i guess this new thread is not necessary. it's just when i google search for certain art found in the book, nothing is found online so it makes me wonder. i know most of the art in the book is what blizzard showed us during the development of the game, but i thought people would of posted the art of what blizzard didn't show.

like the protoss adept. an adept is an individual identified as having attained a specific level of knowledge, skill, or aptitude in doctrines relevant to a particular author or organization. this makes me think that maybe it might have been something above or below a zealot.

remember this guy?
    http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/viewer...arcraft&art=24
    samwise drew this sc2 archon, but he also drew what the dark archon might look like in sc2.

there isn't much in the book but enough of the little stuff is interesting like the marine variations. the heavy artillery marine with dual miniguns, anti air marine with missile turret launchers as his shoulders, demolitions marine with giant gun on his shoulder like the predator. as well has mech variations enough to concept a starcraft mech warrior.

sure none of this is in the game, but still fun to look at. i don't have a working scanner and tomorrow i go out of town for a week, otherwise i'd post it. unless someone else can post the stuff.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: i'm surprised no 1 has posted the art book

You can find the art book on the internet, but it's not here because it's illegal.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

I thought everyone purchased the Collectors Edition?!

Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.

Illegal. That is all.

Not to mention, it'd ruin your own copy if you tried to scan it. You would wreck the spine.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dropsonic View Post
    I thought everyone purchased the Collectors Edition?!
    I went to a midnight release when the game launched and with at least 25+ people ahead of me in line, I was the first one to buy a collectors.

Seemed weird to have so many people excited enough to go to a midnight launch, but not drop the extra cash on collectors.

I buy the Collectors Editions of all Blizzard games if they have any.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Maybe they're like me, pre-ordered a Collector's Edition for the beta key then bought the retail in stores day one.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pick View Post
    I went to a midnight release when the game launched and with at least 25+ people ahead of me in line, I was the first one to buy a collectors.

Seemed weird to have so many people excited enough to go to a midnight launch, but not drop the extra cash on collectors.
    Same here, only I was the 2nd to get one. It was pretty weird. I also got 2 posters; One with the box art and the other with a character of choice; I picked Zeratul, naturally.

And scanning one piece of artwork out of all of them isn't as bad as scanning the whole book and putting it out for download on torrent sites. I guess we could simply ask Sons of the Storm to release some of these artwork pieces on their site. Has anybody contacted any of the artists?

I personally wouldn't recommend trying to scan the whole art book or even a page of it, as it will most likely damage it.
    Last edited by Alex06; 03-28-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex06 View Post
    Same here, only I was the 2nd to get one. It was pretty weird. I also got 2 posters; One with the box art and the other with a character of choice; I picked Zeratul, naturally.

And scanning one piece of artwork out of all of them isn't as bad as scanning the whole book and putting it out for download on torrent sites. I guess we could simply ask Sons of the Storm to release some of these artwork pieces on their site. Has anybody contacted any of the artists?

I personally wouldn't recommend trying to scan the whole art book or even a page of it, as it will most likely damage it.

Could you post a picture of the Zeratul poster?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Could you post a picture of the Zeratul poster?
    It's this:

It's still in "widescreen" like in the pic, so they just put two bars of a metallic rock-like texture instead of making the image take the whole poster, and added the SC2 logo at the top, kind of like on the box art with Raynor's face. Nothing special.

The two bars are like on these:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Starcraft-2-Bliz...item43a61cba1d
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Starcraft-2-Bliz...item43a61cbad7
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Starcraft-2-Bliz...item43a61cbafa
    Last edited by Alex06; 03-29-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!