Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: BP-spill cleanup workers leathally poisoned

  1. #11

    Default Re: BP-spill cleanup workers leathally poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Almost as depressing as reading the mainstream news.
    i would agree that the mainstream news is more depressing, only in relating the implications of their limited scope.

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
    ... no way - I... I actually AGREE with dustinbrowder...

    someone must have punctured the Space-Time Continuum
    i woudlnt go that far, but lately im starting to feel powerless and hopeless; we're going towards a new dark age, and yeah this mgith be anotehr sign on the way...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dropsonic View Post
    But then again the USA government is totally corrupt
    Good lord, i wish it was that simple.

    Saying that, makes you an ignorant moron in my eyes.
    its an oversimplification, yes, or maybe corruption istn the right word.... it would be corrupt if the large scale political lobbying and corporate sponsored election campaigns were actually illegal, but they're not.... arguably they should but they're not, and it's causing a bad spiral of political development. i dont know what label to put on where they're headed.. virtual democracy (as in not real?) some kind of fascism? (the American dream turning in to a "big lie" while corporations run the show..) ... forgive me if the term is harsh, im just brainstorming.
    Last edited by Todie; 03-27-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

    Hi.

  2. #12

    Default Re: BP-spill cleanup workers leathally poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by Todie View Post
    its an oversimplification, yes, or maybe corruption istn the right word.... it would be corrupt if the large scale political lobbying and corporate sponsored election campaigns were actually illegal, but they're not.... they should but they're not, and it's causing a bad spiral of political development. i dont know what label to put on where they're headed.. virtual democracy (as in not real?) some kind of fascism? (the American dream turning in to a "big lie" while corporations run the show..) ... forgive me if the term is harsh, im just brainstorming.
    wat?

    To be clear, I'm not a person you'd want to discuss politics with. And that's simply because I don't really follow politics, even though i probably should as I'm getting older. And I'm really bad at debating as well.

    But I'm not a complete moron either. And I know that no one can describe the political situation in the USA as " everyone being corrupt ". It can't be as simple as that. It's deeply illogical, since no democratic society would allow it. Whenever you label the leader of a modern world society as being " Corrupt ", you also label the population of the society as complete morons for not doing anything about it.

    Also, i feel like I'm babbling here.

    Anyway, I'm sure that MR. DustinBrowder didn't mean it, in the way you put it.
    Last edited by Peanutbutter; 03-26-2011 at 02:35 PM.


    Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.

  3. #13

    Default Re: BP-spill cleanup workers leathally poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Personally, I'm enjoying all this chaos. Earthquakes, tsunamis, economic collapse, political revolutions, nuclear fallout. Delicious.

    2012: let it go to fire.
    Maybe you're trolling, maybe you're not. If you're not, you are truly a horrible person. But then again, you're probably enjoying it for now, because you're not affected by it.

    I wonder how many would enjoy a video of you dying of radiation poisoning, if they read that.


    Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.

  4. #14

    Default Re: BP-spill cleanup workers leathally poisoned

    wat?

    To be clear, I'm not a person you'd want to discuss politics with. And that's simply because I don't really follow politics, even though i probably should as I'm getting older. And I'm really bad at debating as well.

    But I'm not a complete moron either. And I know that no one can describe the political situation in the USA as " everyone being corrupt ". It can't be as simple as that. It's deeply illogical, since no democratic society would allow it. Whenever you label the leader of a modern world society as being " Corrupt ", you also label the population of the society as complete morons for not doing anything about it.

    Also, i feel like I'm babbling here.
    Like i said, its not corruption perse; its the system more than anything. its a fine line sometimes, and no, idk if DB thinks similarly about this as i do, but i think, liberals/"progressives" overall, largely do... how starkly you want to oput it, now thats another matter.

    im not about to compile a comprehensive list as to what i mean, but simple facts like the republicans getting majority in congress despite the "shitty-getting-shittier" state of the US middle class, republican political actions like revoking funding for National Public Radio (as far as i understand it, the only medial-entity present to balance US corporate media) and attempts to impare workers "right" to unionise in several states (starting with TEACHERS?!!?)


    .. I think its clear that corporate influence gone wild is the root of these developments and the obstacle of progress; it undermines the democratic process, both in restricting who can and cant run for office, through campaign sponsorships (witch also produce implicit loyalties to the sponsors) and intense lobbying close to the legislating process in Washington (what is a bribe and what isnt? who is there to see?)
    Last edited by Todie; 03-27-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

    Hi.

  5. #15

    Default Re: BP-spill cleanup workers leathally poisoned

    Remember to consider the notion of tact while sharing your opinions about world events.

  6. #16
    EvilGenius's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: BP-spill cleanup workers leathally poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by Dropsonic View Post
    Maybe you're trolling, maybe you're not. If you're not, you are truly a horrible person. But then again, you're probably enjoying it for now, because you're not affected by it.

    I wonder how many would enjoy a video of you dying of radiation poisoning, if they read that.
    In a world capable of producing this:



    I think Demo's right... GO FLAMES, CHAOS, and DESTRUCTION!
    Last edited by EvilGenius; 03-26-2011 at 03:26 PM.

  7. #17

    Default Re: BP-spill cleanup workers leathally poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
    In a world capable of producing this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0
    I think Demo's right... GO FLAMES, CHAOS, and DESTRUCTION!
    Come on man, that isn't even funny.


    Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.

  8. #18

    Default Re: BP-spill cleanup workers leathally poisoned

    While my post was meant to be politically incorrect and humorous to those with a sense of humor, it was also meant to be a serious reflection on the current state of our civilization. We are on the precipice of so much change, and I for one welcome the washing away of all this ridiculous stupidity. The world must crumble before we can begin anew. Continuing to build on the mistakes and corpses of our past serves no purpose. Maybe its about time we learned not to build our homes over fault lines, not spend resources we don't have, and not to let those who abuse power have it at all.
    Last edited by DemolitionSquid; 03-26-2011 at 03:30 PM.

  9. #19
    TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,895

    Default Re: BP-spill cleanup workers leathally poisoned

    Don't blame Todie. A European can't help but make wild assumptions about America. It's in their blood.

    As for DSquid, the man has a sense of humor. l2detect

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
    In a world capable of producing this:


    I think Demo's right... GO FLAMES, CHAOS, and DESTRUCTION!
    So, you're saying the world would be better without teenage girls? I disagree. Otherwise, we'd have a bunch of women far past their prime. Who'd do all the porn?
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 03-27-2011 at 10:27 AM.



    Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

  10. #20

    Default Re: BP-spill cleanup workers leathally poisoned

    The assertion that readers need to "have a sense of humour" or "learn to detect" humour ignore the fact that the initial comment is tactless. Posters are responsible for accurately gaging their rhetorical audience. The number of people who have been adversely impacted by some of posts (at least a reporter, commenter, and moderator) here is concerning because the comments could have easily been phrased with understanding toward human suffering. For example, while a reader may disagree with DS' latest post, it is constructed with more tact than a number of other posts in this thread. It is reasonable to ask that posters avoid using instances of human suffering to prove a point or post witty replies.

    Also, I do detect the humour in both the posts and the posters in this thread. However, I don't find it funny. Call me a victim of dominant, hegemonic taste on this issue, but I disagree vehemently with using human suffering as a comedic prop. You're free to disagree with other poster's opinions, and you're free to have opinions that are unique; however, the onus is on you to question the validity of your own commentary before you post. A poster is responsible for his or her douchebaggery.

Similar Threads

  1. 2 or 3 workers per mineral patch?
    By Twilice in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-16-2018, 01:17 AM
  2. Hold position workers
    By TheRabidDeer in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 01:03 PM
  3. URGENT! Regarding Oil Spill in Gulf: Proven Solution!
    By Dale in forum Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 09:47 AM
  4. How many workers should be to a base?
    By Alzarath in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 05:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •