Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White-Ra vs. Mc

Default White-Ra vs. Mc

your opinions?

mine overall mc played smart your playing for money and thats how i would of tried to win also

Default Re: White-Ra vs. Mc

This thread would probably be better suited to strategy forum. Overall White-Ra looked really good then MC went into boss mode.
    Last edited by JackhammerIV; 04-12-2011 at 04:15 PM.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

I was Rooting(like Majority) for the White-Ra, and he played godly first two games. I think that final match was a bit lame, but hey, it was the final match, White-Ra was a bit unlucky, but overall, I am really happy with the Finals, the matches were great. I was out, so I didn't watch the rest of the tournament, but I will watch the VODs for sure!
    "Living for the Swarm!"

I really start to hate MC cause he's so good

The OP could use a bit more love regarding what happened, probably with Spoilers, a link to a VOD or a write-up or something.

Also - I assume you're talking about Dreamhack and not last weekends TSL3 match... so yeah info would be great

~LoA
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Beloved.

Well I can sort of remember it generally. It's sort of turning into a rivalry. Started with Korea vs World team league. Since it's long past i won't hide anything except Dreamhack results.:P

Korea vs World: White-Ra did a cute warp prism play with zealots and beat MC. It was just 1 game. It was exciting to watch. Tyler was saying on SotG that it just wasn't safe what White-Ra did and he got lucky that it worked out for him. I kinda agree. It was exciting but looked really really risky.

TSL3: A full write up on TL. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=211794 But basically MC crushed White-Ra pretty convincingly 3-0.

Dreamhack:
    Hidden Content:
    It started off well for White-Ra. They were both not offensive 4-gating. The first game on Tal'Darim White-Ra snuck a probe into MC's base and planted two pylons behind MC's mineral line as his units were outside waiting to engage. Then things went downhill from there for MC.

Second game on Metalopolis White-Ra got map control and vision. Got up to colossi and got an expo. MC just couldn't break him and lost.

Third game Crevasse MC went on the offensive. White-Ra couldn't stop MC from planting a proxy pylon. MC took his time breaking the rocks on the large ramp then planting a closer proxy pylon behind his army inside White-Ra's base. White-Ra forced to try and attack with probes. Didn't work out well and MC won.

Fourth game on Xel'Naga Caverns. White-Ra going for robo. MC went blink stalkers. White-Ra mostly manages to defend using sentry forcefields. Then blink finishes and MC decides it's time to blink on top of the immortal. Kills a ton of things. Then what follows was amazing blink micro. As zealots were being warped in next to his stalkers, MC blinks them back down the ramp and moves them up. Zealots charge down the ramp at them and MC takes a small group of stalkers and blinks them behind White-Ra's stalkers. Then as the zeals reach and attack individual stalkers at the bottom of the ramp MC blinks them up next to White-Ra's stalkers. End result zeal reaches the bottom of the ramp and all MC's stalkers are up the ramp.

Fifth game on Shakuras. I believe this map is the version altered so that they can only spawn in cross positions and not close by air. MC takes advantage of this to make two proxy gates in White-Ra's base. White-Ra's scouting pattern suggests he doesn't know the exact details of the map's changes. MC chrono's out zeals. He reveals it once he has 1 zeal and 2 about to pop. White-Ra caught surprised and loses.

MC wins the final 3-2.

Overall thoughts on Dreamhack:
    Hidden Content:
    The whole tournament went pretty quick. I got to watch the whole thing pretty much. Some stream issues of it just stopping for me. I saw like 45k people watching it live. The whole thing wrapped up in like 6ish hours i think. It really looked like a tournament for either MC or White-Ra to lose. They were really on top of their game. Some funny business in the Sjow-Whitera game where someone msg'd Apollo on B.Net as he forgot to set himself to busy.

Then for you terran players...Huk vs Sjow was good. Sjow did really well with his banshee in game 2. Kept it alive most of the game and got over 30 kills on it.

For you zergs...Idra just beasted TLO with mutalisks everywhere.

MC-morrow and whitera-jinro might have been the least exciting matches of the tournament. Pretty standard and nothing all that spectacular in my eyes.

MC vs Idra matches were pretty good. First match on metalopolis, Idra managed to keep good macro despite losing so many queens and overlords to MC's phoenixes. Almost looked like Idra would win with his roach/hydra/broodlord. Then idra moves to attack MC's gold base with broodlords. Hanging a bit close to the watchtower close to MC. MC blinks in stalkers there and snipes a few broodlords then the hydras engage there at a choke. MC blinks his stalkers to the broodlords to finish them off. MC's colossi clean up things on the ground. I think there might have been high templar as well but the whole tournament went so quick I couldn't be sure.

Second match MC vs Idra and Idra 6-pools. MC defends it and Idra instantly GGs.

The Sjow-Whitera games were.....amazing PvT. On Terminus RE, Sjow takes a risk move with fast CC. Whitera moves in with a zealot kills the scv making the bunker and kills 1-2 marines. He sends in his stalker and kills 2-3 more marines and escapes down towards the third. Whitera sends in a second stalker to harass the mineral line. Sjow kills them both. Then Whitera gets like 7 stalkers and walks past the bunker and puts really heavy pressure on the natural. Stalkers get cleaned up but whitera gains a huge economic lead. Sjow tries to harass with drops and banshees. Has some good success but also failures. White-Ra gets a 4th up. Has 2-2 colossi and gateway combo. Sjow going bio, tank, ghost, viking, raven. Sjow sieges up near whitera's 4th. Misses a lot of EMPs. Then Whitera decides it's time to attack into it and just crushes Sjow's army. Completely wrecks it.

The next game was on Crevasse. Whitera does nexus first. Sjow takes both gases which gets scouted by whitera's probe. Sjow sticks to it and gets cloaked banshees. Whitera is prepared. Then sjow gets 3 starports. Whitera's observer sees it. So he makes one stargate and pumps out some phoenixes. Then whitera's obs sees a fusion core. Whitera puts down a templar archives. Sjow continues air harass with raven, viking, banshee. Has some good success. Banshees even manage to kill templar archives. Whitera kills all the banshees sjow has been using to harass him. Then whitera decides to engage with a gateway army and HTs. Sjow had marine, viking, battlecruiser. Whitera puts down amazing storms on the marines and feedbacks all the battlecruisers. Blinks in and cleans up everything else.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

i think white ra played poorly when both mc and ra were doing 4 gate i thought white ra could of won that match but mc ended up winning

Whiteraa was a boss, but MC later said that he spoted his opponent doing the same build all games, one that skipped early zealot... MC countered it with that proxy2gate in the last game. it wasnt a fluke.

MC: "good brain." 'nuff said
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

true that i like white ra
    and todie did you used to play cs?

Many years ago. cs 1.6. mostly through an oldtimer Swedish community "BRAK" but thats horriby off topic.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.