Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do Zerg Fly?

Default How do Zerg Fly?

So,obviously some have wings and others don't. That's normal. But they can fly in space as well. With no air to push against there is no lift. I know theres probably no official explanation but what are you guy's creative explanations.
    http://i.imgur.com/8oAhR.gif

Default Re: How do Zerg Fly?

Mutalisks, and possibly other Zerg fliers, obviously use dovin basals for mobility in space. Mutalisks flap their wings to alter their center of gravity and perform some wicked twists and turns to evade CIWS fire and missiles. Guardians, Devourers, Overlords and Brood Lords, sadly, are not so lucky.

Easy. The Zerg assimilated some space-faring creatures and hey presto, space flight!
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Overlords are filled with "lighter-than-air" vespene and use mild telekinesis to propel themselves.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Use Tiger Blood!

Gas?

They use this warp thing for travelling long distances in space. High Orbit and low orbit they use gas, I think.

they drink too much red bull! xD

We haven't even established what vespene is yet, people.

Jokes aside, does anyone have an educated guess as to how the zerg fly? (especially the ones without wings) Solidsamurai brought up something interesting; maybe the zerg use vespene gas for flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jconant View Post
    Jokes aside, does anyone have an educated guess as to how the zerg fly? (especially the ones without wings) Solidsamurai brought up something interesting; maybe the zerg use vespene gas for flight.
    My explanation wasn't a joke (sort of ). The Zerg can fly in space because they assimilated that ability. Who knows how those original space-faring creatures got their ability and God knows how it works...

Let's just say that there is a highly developed and naturally evolved organ that can create anti-gravitational fields around the creature and leave it at that. There are no better "educated" (read: correct) guesses than this because it's realistically impossible either way.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.