Thread: Activision Sues EA for CoD Contract Infringement

Default Activision Sues EA for CoD Contract Infringement

Activision has sued EA for a deal that in Activision spectulates or blames (depending on which side of the story you support) the co-creators of CoD breaching their contracts by contacting EA and working with them for their own "Personal Greed".
    Electronic Arts Inc. (ERTS - Analyst Report) must defend a $400 million contract-interference lawsuit that was filed by its strongest competitor, Activision Blizzard Inc. (ATVI - Snapshot Report), as per the latest judgement by a California Superior Court Judge.
    The article goes on to say that the judge dismissed EA's plea to look into Activision's evidence on this claim.

In this reporter's opinion, Activision just pulled a Bethesda. This is Mikill signing off....

Source: http://http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/49316/Electronic+Arts+Faces+Lawsuit
    http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Ward
    Last edited by mikill; 03-17-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Default Re: Activision Sues EA for CoD Contract Infringement

Every time I read activision blizzard I cry. I thought it was only a name used by people who disliked their cooperation.

That's a bunch of winners you've chosen to align yourself with, Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    That's a bunch of winners you've chosen to align yourself with, Blizzard.
    I'm sure it wasn't their decision.

I smell desolation in the air.

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

I should sue acti for being a bunch of retarded twats

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

There's alot of fan's that are labelled as "Anti Acti Blizz conspiracy theorists".
    Namely saying that Bobby Kotick runs Blizzard, the SC dev team are robotic AI made from IW, Infinity Ward is located in a dungeon...etc..

Well read this
    Activision alleged that the two developers had hired agents and secretly met and negotiated with Electronic Arts executives while still working at Activision in 2009.

Activision also said that Electronic Arts had planned to finance and co-own a new studio run by West and Zampella and other employees from the Infinity Ward studio, which Activision bought from West and Zampella in 2003.
    I've never seen a case so redicoulous before hahah. I can't even believe this is going to fly into the courts. It's basically an entire case based on an incredibly strong assumption. I really doubt EA was stupid enough to do something that borderlines Corporate espionage.

Oh well. This is most likely launched due to Acti Blizz realizing CoD MW 3 will be blown to bits by Battlefield 3. Well ok not really, they're corporations - anyway to repair damages or save face is always exercised.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?