Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tychus is working for Duran (speculation)

Default Tychus is working for Duran (speculation)

Hey all, long-time visitor, first time poster (on the new site anyway).

Am I the only one that thinks the Moebius Foundation might be headed by Samir Duran?

According to the recent single-player demo gameplay, Tychus is "mysteriously" sprung from prison, and fails to give reason why.

In "The Dark Templar Saga: Twilight" Zeratul mentions that what Duran is doing is a "perversion of what the Xel'Naga intended." I take it this means Duran is not a normal Xel'Naga at any rate, although I'm not convinced he's human either. Regardless, he can masquerade as human.

Raynor is helping Tychus gather these artifacts, but after what we saw in "Tooth and Nail", it's evident Kerrigan is after them too. Whatever power the artifacts hold, they're clearly very important in terms of the coming Xel'Naga invasion ("The key to all things!" Zeratul says).

In the older single-player demo, RIGHT before Zeratul arrived on the Hyperion, Tychus mysteriously took off (Matt thought he was taking a leak). Was Tychus trying to avoid Zeratul, since Zeratul has some inkling of what Duran is up to?

It's just a hunch, but I'm betting later in the campaign Raynor and Zeratul are going to team up to take down Tychus and the artifacts Raynor helped collect (or maybe we'll be given a choice...we'll see). Either way, I see Raynor going against his turncoat marine buddy.

My bet: Duran is working to create hybrid mutants, using the artifacts. He is working on his own, separate from Kerrigan, the Xel'Naga, and Arcturus Mengsk. In Terran form he founded the "Moebius Foundation," and sprung Tychus and some other bad boys from jail to accomplish his goals. Plus, he used Tychus to rope Raynor's Raiders into the whole deal.

Also, does Raynor have any idea who Duran is? Have they ever come into contact before?

Default Re: Tychus is working for Duran (speculation)

That's very interesting. I have some speculation that Duran and Adun may be the same person. 1 You can spell Adun in Duran. 2. Duran said he lived for millenia with different names. 3. Adun disappears. 4. Adun helps make the dark templars which energies are like zergs which may be somehow linked with hybrids 5. Protoss believe that Adun will return possibly in Duran. I dunno :\

Quote Originally Posted by Brutaxilos View Post
    That's very interesting. I have some speculation that Duran and Adun may be the same person. 1 You can spell Adun in Duran. 2. Duran said he lived for millenia with different names. 3. Adun disappears. 4. Adun helps make the dark templars which energies are like zergs which may be somehow linked with hybrids 5. Protoss believe that Adun will return possibly in Duran. I dunno :\

Those are all good points, nice theory
    Help control the household human population by taking out your zergling's adrenal glands.

Quote Originally Posted by zergkiller44 View Post
    Hey all, long-time visitor, first time poster (on the new site anyway).

Am I the only one that thinks the Moebius Foundation might be headed by Samir Duran?

According to the recent single-player demo gameplay, Tychus is "mysteriously" sprung from prison, and fails to give reason why.

In "The Dark Templar Saga: Twilight" Zeratul mentions that what Duran is doing is a "perversion of what the Xel'Naga intended." I take it this means Duran is not a normal Xel'Naga at any rate, although I'm not convinced he's human either. Regardless, he can masquerade as human.

Raynor is helping Tychus gather these artifacts, but after what we saw in "Tooth and Nail", it's evident Kerrigan is after them too. Whatever power the artifacts hold, they're clearly very important in terms of the coming Xel'Naga invasion ("The key to all things!" Zeratul says).

In the older single-player demo, RIGHT before Zeratul arrived on the Hyperion, Tychus mysteriously took off (Matt thought he was taking a leak). Was Tychus trying to avoid Zeratul, since Zeratul has some inkling of what Duran is up to?

It's just a hunch, but I'm betting later in the campaign Raynor and Zeratul are going to team up to take down Tychus and the artifacts Raynor helped collect (or maybe we'll be given a choice...we'll see). Either way, I see Raynor going against his turncoat marine buddy.

My bet: Duran is working to create hybrid mutants, using the artifacts. He is working on his own, separate from Kerrigan, the Xel'Naga, and Arcturus Mengsk. In Terran form he founded the "Moebius Foundation," and sprung Tychus and some other bad boys from jail to accomplish his goals. Plus, he used Tychus to rope Raynor's Raiders into the whole deal.

Also, does Raynor have any idea who Duran is? Have they ever come into contact before?

I can see that as actually happening. Also I'd imagine Duran took over the Foundation and Tychus is simply an infected human in disguise. Anyway thats a plausible hypothasis.
    Help control the household human population by taking out your zergling's adrenal glands.

Wow, that's incredibly interesting. I like your style, friend. You seem to have put a lot of thought into it. That'd be so awesome if it did happen.

EDIT: Brutax also has a sound theory.

vIsitor's Avatar Junior Member

Oh man. What if this is true, and the theory that Valerian is using the Mobius Foundation to get at the Xel'Naga artifacts (and they're really using him?). That would blow my mind.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I'm sorry, but IMO this would be a terrible way for the plot to go.

"Yes, the guy that I knew way back when we were in the Heaven's Devil is a traitor and a backstabber."

IIRC Tychus mentions that he's sealed into his suit and it can't be taken off until he pays off his debt to whoever sprung him from prison.

I'm also wondering how the hell Zeratul managed to get onto the Hyperion in the first place.

I think the most likely thing here is that Tychus is working for one of the Mengsk's.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

I believe Tosh is one of the faces of Duran and that Tychus is just someone's pwn

Tosh is definitely not one of the faces of Duran...

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!