• It will suck even more

3 6.67%
  • Even a crappy facebook game can top WOL

1 2.22%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will HOTS top WOL?

dustinbrowder's Avatar Banned

Default Will HOTS top WOL?

Hello there. With SC2 WOL having so much controversy about the story, Bnet, etc... and fans being disappointed left and right, although there are fans who are rabbid fans and are not disappointed at all at any element of the game.

Anyways SC: WOL being the way it is for you personally, do you think that Heart of the Swarm will top WOL or will HOTS suck more fore you or maybe you feel in any case HOTS will be better than WOL, since WOL sucks for you?

Discuss and vote!
    Last edited by dustinbrowder; 03-09-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Default Re: Will HOTS top WOL?

Again? Seriously?

Well considering the progression is HotS is an expansion that will add on features, units, etc. Possible redesigns and improvements based on complaints of the community, etc. All speculation at this point to be fair. There should be a natural progression where HotS will be better than WoL and so much would have been tweaked and fixed. Sort of like how BW improved upon SC 1.

And it's not like HotS will be a completely different game compared to WoL. They're all SC2. Instead of one big game they just sort of split it into 3 and hopefully the second third of SC2 (HotS) will be better and should be better. And we'll only know how good SC2 is as a game when they finally finish off and release LotV.

EDIT: @Hav0x
    Well dustin will keep doing things like this constantly. It's just his forum personality. Seems like a better poll than his past ones. Still very negative but i will say how he presents it and the options are much better.
    Last edited by JackhammerIV; 03-09-2011 at 06:34 PM.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Since Tychus isn't here I'll say it.

*facepalm

Dustin will never learn.

Ontopic: in terms of sales I doubt it. In terms of quality, well it's an expansion, so yeah.

After the shellacking Blizz has taken over the story writing, dialog, etc. - I'm sure they will do whatever it takes to improve the storytelling - At the time, the focus of the game was clearly on the multiplayer, and I for one am glad they did things the way they did I can only imagine the level of open revolt in the forums if they had taken the other route - They can recover from a bad story. A fail on the multiplayer? Not so certain...

Now that the multiplayer has a more solid foundation to work in/on - they can focus on other aspects of the game.

...I hope.

Last edited by Caliban113; 03-09-2011 at 08:57 PM.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

I have a feeling it won't do as well in sales. There will be many people out there burned out with the game, unsatisfied with it to begin with, or simply not willing to invest in a third of the story.

Will it be better? In my opinion that's a certainty because it will add new units to the multiplayer and possibly new features, which will only serve to augment what really matters. Unless they really manage to screw that up which is doubtful.

Also: Inb4 Tychus Rant.

That's something I'm confused on actually - is the next installment a whole separate game, or is it an expansion in the classic sense? - where the new options and components are added to the current game?
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban113 View Post
    That's something I'm confused on actually - is the next installment a whole separate game, or is it an expansion in the classic sense? - where the new options and components are added to the current game?
    It's never been stated for sure, but my prediction is it will be its own zerg-centric campaign, its own ladder (confirmed), 1 or 2 new units for each race, new maps, possibly new achievements, and possibly new features. Owning WoL will be compulsory to play HotS.

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Even a crappy Facebook game can top WoL

Seriously.

I'm starting to think DB is a spy working for Victory Games trying to slander the competition.