Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future balance changes.

Default Future balance changes.

So everyone is talking about recent changes and how recent changes will affect the gameplay in the future.

But what about those changes that would be not realistic at all but will make perfect sense in a few months from now? (changes that you think blizzard might change in the future because people somehow found a good strategy with it)

For example I think siege tanks un-sieged damage will get nerfed.
    Warp prism will have their base movement speed reduced.
    Immortals will be either smaller or higher damage or range +0,5.
    Last edited by Twilice; 03-05-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Default Re: Future balance changes.

I take it you mean changes that Blizzard would never do but sort of make sense balance wise.

-Archon get a massive tag and break forcefields and immune to conc shell. Funnily enough while watching commentary and analysis from Liquidtyler on IEM Day 2 reps he said he wanted the same. Said it made sense to just make the archon massive.
    -EMP is an upgrade. EMP is only really important in TvP anyways. It's not that useful in other matchups though TvT with EMPing medivacs, OCs might be interesting.:P Maybe just test it out at 50min 50gas and 60 seconds just like conc shell.
    -Corruptors need some love. Maybe some kind of poison spell to harass workers. Just need some kind of spell to do some form of damage or harass to ground units/buildings. Something so that if zerg makes too many corruptors they can do more than spew green stuff on enemy units to make them take more damage. Guess a zerg would have better ideas on this one.
    -Mothership could use some love. As it is, its spells all take 100 energy. Energy regen of 0.5625/sec. Takes 88.88 secs to get up to 100 energy from completion. Then 177.77 secs to get up to 100 energy again from 0. Perhaps consider making the spells cost 75 energy. Make it so there's no archon toilet etc. With a max of 200 energy it can still only cast 2 spells with max energy. But the time to when it can cast its first spell is now 44.44secs. Then build up to 75 energy takes 133.33 secs.

And just out of curiosity zerg late game units (Broodlords/Ultralisks)....do you zerg players feel it is somewhat reasonable to build extra queens by the late game to transfuse?? It seems like a good idea in theory to transfuse late game units since each queen on full energy can heal 500hp in total.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

I were more thinking about changes that you think blizzard will do in the future rather then what we think is needed (because that is why we usually get every now and then)

Oh.....that's simple enough. Stuff I think blizzard will do:

Blizzard will keep messing around with bunkers. Build times. Maybe salvage. They'll mess around with it a lot.

They'll keep playing around with the infestor. Changing things here and there.

They might change the phoenix a bit again.

Maybe more building HP changes if marauder drops are still too strong.

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

dustinbrowder's Avatar Banned

-Archon get a massive tag and break forcefields and immune to conc shell. Funnily enough while watching commentary and analysis from Liquidtyler on IEM Day 2 reps he said he wanted the same. Said it made sense to just make the archon massive. - agree with this.
    -Siege tank damage in siege mode increased by 5.
    -Marauders take 25 damage from stim.
    -Force fields lasts 8 seconds.
    -Vortex cast range reduced to 7, units immune to damage while inside and units are spread out to a bigger area when the spell ends. Radius reduced to 2.
    -Queen movement off creep increased to 1.20
    -Nydus worm cost changed to 150 minerals, 50 gas.
    -Infested terran movement speed increased to 1.20
    -Battle cruiser ground attack increased to 12, attack rate reduced to 0.400, air attack increased to 10, attack rate reduced to 0.400.
    -Buildings are not counted as armored.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    Force fields lasts 8 seconds.
    So FF duration reduced from 15 seconds to 8 seconds.......damn you hate forcefields. If that really changes it'd be a lot easier to kill protoss early game.

-Corruptors need some love. Maybe some kind of poison spell to harass workers. Just need some kind of spell to do some form of damage or harass to ground units/buildings. Something so that if zerg makes too many corruptors they can do more than spew green stuff on enemy units to make them take more damage. Guess a zerg would have better ideas on this one.
    Maybe giving corrption an AOE (or as an upgrade) - something that works along the same lines as the acid spore mechanic on the old Devourer, but without the stacking. The Corruptor could cast on one, and the effect could spread to to a limited number of surrounding units.

Force fields lasts 8 seconds.
    Sure, if it could cost half the energy.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Duckyyy's Avatar Junior Member

Siege tank damage in siege mode increased by 5.

So you want to make tanks even more op against zerg ground units ?

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    -Archon get a massive tag and break forcefields and immune to conc shell. Funnily enough while watching commentary and analysis from Liquidtyler on IEM Day 2 reps he said he wanted the same. Said it made sense to just make the archon massive. - agree with this.
    -Siege tank damage in siege mode increased by 5.
    -Marauders take 25 damage from stim.
    -Force fields lasts 8 seconds.
    -Vortex cast range reduced to 7, units immune to damage while inside and units are spread out to a bigger area when the spell ends. Radius reduced to 2.
    -Queen movement off creep increased to 1.20
    -Nydus worm cost changed to 150 minerals, 50 gas.
    -Infested terran movement speed increased to 1.20
    -Battle cruiser ground attack increased to 12, attack rate reduced to 0.400, air attack increased to 10, attack rate reduced to 0.400.
    -Buildings are not counted as armored.
    I'd say force fields could probably go down to 12 or so. Definitely not 8. Your maurader idea is okay. Much of the rest Blizzard and the community have already found to be imbalanced so, obviously no.

Not really sure about the forcefield change. There's some thin timings early game to early rushes. Like having a sentry out to forcefield then another one coming out just in time to forcefield again. If there were no more close ground positions on blizzard maps then it'd be easier for protoss to accept.

That and forcefields are used a lot in PvT for defense and offense in early game which is generally accepted to be terran dominated. So....it'd make it even more terran favoured early game.

But a slight slight change like maximum 2 seconds less MIGHT be ok. Seems a bit crazy though to like tweak it down a few secs to be not too weak but slightly nerfed.