Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Those giant stone statue Zealots

Default Those giant stone statue Zealots

When I first saw them I was like "OH S**T." That was something I kinda wish I didn't spoil for myself, but oh well.

Those things look pretty sweet, but one thing that bothers me is the attack. Shooting lasers from its eyes seem a little... cliche? Maybe it should resort to psiblades, or maybe shoot lasers from where its psi blades would be (in like a slow sweeping motion like the old colossus). And maybe each arm picks its own target. That way its not just like a colossus with a new coat of paint.

Also FTR, they reminded me of the pre alpha zealot. I thought that might be what it was paying homage to.

Default Re: Those giant stone statue Zealots

I like how the beams cris-cross. I can imagine those giant protoss statues crossing their eyes to kill stuff.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

I would love to see someone come up with a sci-fi explanation for these stone zealots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    I would love to see someone come up with a sci-fi explanation for these stone zealots.
    Giant robotic zealots that have become encrusted with mud and things over the long time they have been there. Problem solved.

Squid was the first to publicly suggest that Protoss are plants, right?

I suggest we throw him at this.

*hides*
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

A wizard did it.

He said sci-fi explanation. A Techno-wizard did it.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I have an idea.

We all know jarheads like marines would most likely simplify their definition of something.

What if the Zealots weren't actually made out of stone, but a different durable material which looks like stone, a Protoss material. The material covers up most of the robotics of the giant Zealot, and overtime as the other poster as suggested, mud, rain, dirt etc have encrusted these guardians.

Then come along intruders and these guys awaken and break off chunks of hardened dirt, earth, what have you.

And then to a jarhead like a marine, he'd just call it a stone zealot because that's exactly what it looks like.

I got a theory...

They are actually made by the xel naga, and were constructed by them while the protoss were still in their conceptual stage (theyre Protoss prototypes). They couldn't be made into a race because they weren't the purity of form (not mass producible), but the few that were made were incredibly strong. Then later when they made the current protoss, they would use the statues to guard the artifacts... or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    And then to a jarhead like a marine, he'd just call it a stone zealot because that's exactly what it looks like.
    So what you're saying is... we're playing through the second-hand account that the Dropship pilot overheard from one of the Marines (who'd been injured and so wasn't at the final battle, but heard all about it from his friends) and eventually told Raynor?

"I swear, it happened almost exactly like some variant of this, give or take a few significant details!"

I got a theory...

They are actually made by the xel naga, and were constructed by them while the protoss were still in their conceptual stage (theyre Protoss prototypes). They couldn't be made into a race because they weren't the purity of form (not mass producible), but the few that were made were incredibly strong. Then later when they made the current protoss, they would use the statues to guard the artifacts... or something like that.
    Unless the Xel'Naga looked into the future enough to know what sort of weapons the Protoss would be using (psi-blades are carved, if useless), that's doubtful. And anyway, the weapon technology is similar to Colossi, which suggests the same maker.
    Last edited by pure.Wasted; 08-20-2009 at 08:23 PM.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png