Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I'd Like Some Help Plz

Default Re: I'd Like Some Help Plz

Quote Originally Posted by flak4321 View Post
    Hmmm... I personally feel it does look better and might look better still, but I am limited to the low and medium graphics options, so I'm not sure what I can do at this point. As for weather effects, I would like to add some rain and lighten the fog along the outside so the hills are more visible. Anyone who knows how, please post it for me, with my thanks.

What would you think of switching the grass and sand tiles? I would have to re-add some sand to the hill areas tho...
    Depends what you want the map to look like. Perhaps look at some Blizzard and custom maps that use the same tileset. Like some desert maps looks nice and interesting. Probably cos of doodads all over the place. Just "prettify" it to what you want I guess.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

I've been exploring the doodads and found a few I could do something with. I'm fighting myself a little because I feel the line between enough and cluttered can be very thin. Some of Blizz's maps feel overdone in places to me. Others may like it. After all, certain doodad placements can be strategic in the gameplay (think about the trees on maps like Shattered Temple and Tempest), and this plays with map balance. I like how my map plays a lot.
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

Map's been put aside a bit. Got a new job and am adjusting to the hours. Might do something before the weekend ends. We'll see.

Congrats on the job. No rush with the maps. They're not going anywhere.:P

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerIV View Post
    Congrats on the job. No rush with the maps. They're not going anywhere.:P
    Thanks! and lol. Yeah, if they get up and go somewhere, bnet has evolved a little more than we would like, wouldn't you say?

Considering it's bnet, it'd get up and go somewhere as cheese. Then we humans would hunt down these rogue maps and add them to our pastas, pizzas and sandwiches.

Lolz. I'll have a half Shakuras Plateau, half Aiur Garden. XD

LOL. Then you'd get some posh cheese connoisseur who will review the B.net cheeses....
    Welcome to Cheese with Chet Binghamton. Today I will be reviewing the wild Blizzard BattleNet cheeses....Of all the cheeses Blistering Sands has the most unique flavour. It has a short sharp taste and each cheese has a hidden kick that overwhelms your senses (i was trying to imply backdoor attack destroying the whole base. pretty sure it doesnt get across here.).

Desert Oasis is a dry, crumbly cheese and creates a sense of mild hate for aeroplanes. The Blizzard cheeses commonly have these strange psychological effects. Of all the cheeses the worst psychological effect of ingesting them comes from the common Steppes of War cheese. It induces paranoia that everyone is too close to you and invading your personal space.

LOL.

Super lolz.

Sounds about right . You were very close on your implication. My first thought was rush cheese, but a backdoor play would also fit the image, especially with some "sudden" thoughtfulness.

And then he would continue: The blue cheese of (add your favorite twilight map here) is surprisingly good and smooth, especially considering Protoss make it, and they lack mouths to judge taste!