Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: You must now have an internet connection to install SC2.

Default Re: You must now have an internet connection to install SC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel View Post
    I agree, there's really no need for any data to go to Blizzard servers while the game is being played. If all computers are on the same network, there should be no difference with playing LAN regarding latency, as long as the network code can recognize that the computers are in the same network. That shouldn't be difficult to do.

There's no need for excentric pinholing stuff. The game just needs to recognize that the computers are on the same LAN to play. It's peer-to-peer, after all.
    NAT is perfectly capable of handling every PC to Battle.net connection.

well i hope that is the case... maybe someone ask something like this in the blizzcon

thanks for the answer gifted and norfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel View Post
    The bad news, is that if your internet connection goes down, it's better you have a plan B, like playing Risk, or something .
    nooo risk not >.<, when my friends and i play risk is like that episode of malcom, someone can get hurt lolmao.

Im fine with it,as Steam and EA games needs to be online authenticated these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifted View Post
    In your situation, I don't think it'd be an inconvience whatsoever. I don't mean to be accusational, but I'm perceiving your answers as an attempt to rile people up on your side. Ultimately, if you are installing the game, I'm sure you will be in a position to install it with some sort of internet access.. be it your house, a truckstop or an airport. After that, you should be able to play singleplayer at your heart's will. In terms of multiplayer, I don't forsee a person who travels to use multiplayer really without internet and therefore it's a moot point.
    Not at all, this is a very legitimate concern. A simple Google search will reveal just how little the world is connected. Even in North America, only 3/4 of the population has access to the internet, and I doubt that they are all lucky enough to have high-speed cable access. Hell, there are still parts of the US that have no access to the internet at all. Nevermind areas where there is access, but people cannot afford the extra monthly fee to use it. Forcing people to log on to access a product that they bought means people are simply not going to buy the product, even if they normally would otherwise. For the rest of us it's an inconvenience with, since piracy is not the reason it's being implement, no rational at all.
    Superior capability in language does not necessarily equate to superior intelligence...but it certainly doesn't help your argument if you sound stupid.