Thread: Patch 1.2.1 Now Live

Default Patch 1.2.1 Now Live

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Patch 1.2.1

General

• Matchmaking has been updated to better match players queuing with pre-made teams in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 brackets.

Bug Fixes

• General
      • Fixed an issue where the title of a conversation window was scaling rather than truncating.
      • Fixed an issue where the Match History score screen was displaying "Null" for the map info for all games played before Patch 1.2.
      • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players to be improperly disconnected from a game.
      • (Mac) Fixed an issue that would cause the Control key to become stuck when holding Control and minimizing the game window, then going back to the game window and attempting to use Control+1 to create a control group.

• Maps
      • Fixed an issue with foliage that would die and become visible through the fog of war when a player spawned as zerg.

• StarCraft II Editor
      • Fixed an issue where copied-and-pasted units were not set to the correct height in-game.
      • Fixed an issue where the table view scroll-bar position was reset when switching objects.
      • Fixed an issue where secondary sort priorities were not working properly. Model name is now the secondary sort so that models are listed in alphabetical order after being sorted by the mod they are contained in.

Sadly the maps didn't make it in

Selendis's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Patch 1.2.1 Now Live

where are the new maps?
    p.s. new test 4v4 map's starting basepoint is really really wrong.

Still no new maps. Guess i'll confirm it later. Just as everyone was getting sick of blizzard maps in the ladder pool you would have thought they'd put in at least 1 or 2 new maps. Oh well.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

Even though none of the PTR maps are in the map pool yet, a Blue posted on the sc2 forums about how they will be in a future patch.

Nethaera

We've taken a lot of feedback on these and are working to make additional changes as necessary for when we do add these in. I can't confirm that all of the tested maps will make it or not as of yet. It just depends on if the issues that were tested and found can be corrected or not. We definitely appreciated all of the feedback from testers while these were on the PTR.

Source

I would also like to point on something that created quick buzz and a quick edit as well, they are also considering(major emphasis on JUST considering) the GSL maps to add to the ladder pool. The Blue quickly edited it to "Additional maps are in consideration as well. (As always.)" but could not confirm it.

Since the game is currently being balanced on Blizzard style maps, it is hard to say what new maps may do to discussions. Just as much as I would like new maps, I do not want maps that cause races to have no chance of winning at all on them (think Incineration Zone). I am sure that there are lots of people that would say "I am totally fine with there being a map that Terran ALWAYS loses on", but I am not. I do not want to win because of the map, I want to win because I am better. I would rather play on the same "boring" maps than have maps inserted into the pool that literally make the game unplayable for people. My desire for equal competition outweighs my desire to see something new and shiny.
    I realize that I change my signature often. All I can say to that is: SO??? HAI FIVE!! (*・∀・)/♡\(・∀・*)

If you like anyone's post, be sure to give them additional rep.

yeah kind of sad that the new maps aren't in yet, but it makes sense to release the bugfixes first while they balance the new content.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Thank God they claim to have fixed drops. I never dropped much (only a one or two times per 50 or so games) but nevertheless its good news.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Not even new LT made it in; I can only assume they pulled it back realizing that they hadn't fixed close positions yet.

TBH, I would be surprised if they had taken all the PTR maps and added them wholesale. Two of them were simply total crap.

At first I thought some of the new maps were available via the "create map" option, but perhaps not...

Anyway, these maps look new to me. Correct me if I'm wrong...

New Antioch, 2v2, Shakuras terrain
    Nightmare, 2v2, Char
    Red Stone Gulch, 2v2, One of the Lunar tilesets, maybe? (This one I am uncertain should be on this list but, hey, worth a try)

Frontier, 3v3, possibly Tarsonis tileset with "desert" feel (the light desert).

Regardless, no new maps appear to be in the ladder pool as I played 7 1v1 games last night and drew LT x3, Shakuras plateau x2, and Blistering Sands x2.
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

You can easily check the map pool by looking at "map preferences."

As far as 1v1 goes, no new maps. Yet.