Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: About the colossus

Default Re: About the colossus

I don't think the Colossus by itself needs a nerf. They're actually pretty damn slow and fragile units when left alone. The problem only arises in the mass combination of Stalkers, Colossi, and Sentries. Colossus kill Lings and Hydras, Stalkers hurt Roaches and Corruptors. Sentries use both FF to stop Lings and Roaches from getting in close, and GS to mitigate damage from Mutas and Hydras. So all Zerg seems to have to combat the so-called "death ball" is higher tech: Ultras to stomp over FF and kill Stalkers, Corruptors to squirm around and pick off the Colossi. Brood Lords are only effective when the rest of the Zerg Army can keep the Blink Stalkers at bay.

I think the solution to this problem lies in finding a more cost effective way to separate or cripple a "death ball,' instead of just outright nerfing the Colossus which would negatively affect PvT too.

Well zergs can try constant harass. But rather than nerf colossus making corruptors stronger vs colossus and giving it a useful ground spell that doesn't rely on other zerg units being around seems to be a better option.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

GGsmung's Avatar Junior Member

Terran's and protoss air to air units can help out vs ground:

Vikings can land and do dmg to ground that way and pheonix can lift up units to kill them but the corruptor can . . .

spew green goo, that has very little affect, but what if corruption could stack?

So when you have 5 corruptors you can spew 5 corruptions on 1 colossus so it will take 100% extra dmg? Similar to Devourers in Starcraft 1. Then it will be very easy to snipe a colossus fast (more if you have more corruptors) and then corruptors wont be totally useless against ground, corrupting immortals (etc.)

Or make it do stackable dps or something.

Make corruption AoE.

Bring back the lurker as a 4 supply heavy ranged anti ground unit.
    Zerg have to "Line up" to fire off at Collussi and that's GG.

I mean Protoss can go fire with fire or immortals still work out.
    Terrans just blow em up with siege tanks or Yamato if one is desperate.
    I think it's just broken for zerg because it forces you to go Corruptors, which is a reactionary gameplay style. As a Protoss player, I know this and easily manipulate that short gap in between when you "Switch" to Collussi.
    But this is all coming from a Terran player, but I'd imagine I'm not too far off?

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by GGsmung View Post
    Terran's and protoss air to air units can help out vs ground:

Vikings can land and do dmg to ground that way and pheonix can lift up units to kill them but the corruptor can . . .

spew green goo, that has very little affect, but what if corruption could stack?

So when you have 5 corruptors you can spew 5 corruptions on 1 colossus so it will take 100% extra dmg? Similar to Devourers in Starcraft 1. Then it will be very easy to snipe a colossus fast (more if you have more corruptors) and then corruptors wont be totally useless against ground, corrupting immortals (etc.)

Or make it do stackable dps or something.
    I thought corruption did stack o_O

I was watching a game once and corruptors corrupted 2 colossi mutiple times and the moment they attacked them, they died in 2 shots! So, I don't know, maybe corruption already does stack - it is so under-used that no one seems to have any solid info on this.

GGsmung's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by protoswarrior View Post
    I thought corruption did stack o_O

I was watching a game once and corruptors corrupted 2 colossi mutiple times and the moment they attacked them, they died in 2 shots! So, I don't know, maybe corruption already does stack - it is so under-used that no one seems to have any solid info on this.
    Im pretty sure it doesn't stack beeing a zerg player and all

Im not completely sure though, will have to check it out.

Rezildur's Avatar Junior Member

lol the corrupter basically = the devourer except you can corrupt ground units and its annoying and isn't autocast.

no. acid spores were AoE and did not only increase damage takaen but also decreased the enemy attack speed by alot.

corruption sucks, conceptually.. thats not a term i use lightly.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Nerf colo! somehow buff HT! maybe give carriers some love!

but nerfing the colo would affect my pvp o.O so idk