Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: StarCraft II Trilogy makes "Worst **** moves ever pulled by gamers" list

Default Re: StarCraft II Trilogy makes "Worst **** moves ever pulled by gamers" list

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Huh... Not this crap again.

Well I must admit that my opinion about the trilogy changed. At first, I really liked the idea since it meant that they would be able to develop the story a lot more. Of course, after I realized that the WoL story was pretty bad, I just didn't care so much about the whole idea.
    Pretty much this, and together with the fact that I was never hardcore fan of Campaigns. I always was Player vs. Player kind of a guy, singleplayer has never interested me so much. Even if the story isn't something special in SC2, well, that just an extra to the Multiplayer, so it doesn't have to be perfect. Oh well, I guess that is my point of view.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Default Re: StarCraft II Trilogy makes "Worst **** moves ever pulled by gamers" list

I don't think I ever had any problems with the trilogy; I understood right out the gate what they were doing. My concerns were more focused on the multiplayer balance and adding in crap like the Thor. Admittedly, my faith was misplaced. The multiplayer is by far the better half of the game. The single player is a farce.

dustinbrowder's Avatar Banned

Was never against such a move, in fact I was pro such move, even before Blizzard announced they are splitting the campaign in 3 parts.

I always thought that was the best way to go, from the moment SC2 was announced.

Did it work out as I wanted? - No, absolutely not. While the missions themselves are interesting and pretty unique, the story is all over the place and no SC fan can really say the story was good, because its just isn't.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

No topic is complete without dustinbrowder's misplaced opinion forcing.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    No topic is complete without dustinbrowder's misplaced opinion forcing.
    This, basically.

i didn't really care since paying $150 over several years is honestly not a big deal to me.

I'm more concerned about how shitty bnet is than that.

Dean63's Avatar Junior Member

I don't see the big problem here; I throughly enjoyed the campaign and multiplayer equally. It being divided into a trilogy is fine, it means more time to fix mistakes and polish successes - for me it's the latter. Campaign made me feel like a hero, or rather, start thinking like one. That is good stuff, you know, when you enjoy something so abstract that it feels almost real in the need to finish. That is how Starcraft II made me feel, and I'd like to feel more of that.

There were some problems too, like voice acting or music tracks. These were subpar. They should add tracks and add more Mira Han or General Warfield voice acting, some true than forced grime and grit dialogue.
    Last edited by Dean63; 02-07-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Duckyyy's Avatar Junior Member

and yet paying for dlc for fail games like cod never even get mentioned.

atleast for the blizzard side of the company you actually get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    It's important to note that the subject here isn't about how the developers made the decision. It's recognizing how Gamers made a mountain out of a molehill.

I find it funny that in this thread.. gamers themselves are starting to build up the mountain again (or break it down respectively) instead of recognizing that the article is jabbing at that exact practice that's happening here again.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    Did it work out as I wanted? - No, absolutely not. While the missions themselves are interesting and pretty unique, the story is all over the place and no SC fan can really say the story was good, because its just isn't.
    I'm a StarCraft Fan and I feel the story was good.
    Last edited by Gifted; 02-07-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Sorry Gifted, God has spoken. You are not a true fan. You should resign from your position as SCL Staff before things get ugly.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.