Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think should happen in heart of the swarm

Default What do you think should happen in heart of the swarm

Heart of the swarm is the next big thing so how do you think it should proceed?

I think that there are certain story arcs that should happen

1.) Kerrigan coming to terms with her atrocities. She can't simply pretend that she was brainwashed; her execution of major rumm (the monster who abused her during her training as a ghost) shows that she had revenge issues long before the overmind transformed her, and if the books are to be believed, all the infestation did was to weaken her empathy and compassion to the point where she could go hog wild with her darker nature. Kerrigan isn't just going to feel horrible about her crimes, she's going to feel horrible BECAUSE ASPECTS OF HER OWN NATURE WAS PARTIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR SAID CRIMES. They should definately involve therapy, maybe even meetings with individuals who have either been hurt or have lost loved ones to Kerrigan's evil. This arc could come to a crescendo during a confrontation with Samir Duran on Aiur, wherein he tries to break her. Kerrigan finally accepts that while she can't undo her crimes, she can work to build a better future and find some measure of redemption. She then rips Duran a new asshole; as he dies he tells her that even if she saves the universe, she will always be alone. Kerrigan tells him "I can live with that."

2.) They hybrids enter the scene: In Utter Darkness showed us a taste of their power, maybe the Dark Voice steps up his plans due to raynor's actions interfering with his plans (Raynor's saving her really fucked things up).

3.) Dark Voice captures raynor to use as bait, and while torturing him he reveals his origins (A fallen xel'naga who came to the opinion that the Xel'Naga and everyone else were weak and needed to be destroyed in order to be remade to real "perfection". Kerrigan manages to save him, but Raynor is near death due to the dark voice's torture.

4.) Raynor's war with Mengsk hits a climax; presumably some of the dominion forces defect after the battle of char (they fought under raynor and his actions almost singlehandedly saved them from annihalation)

5.) Kerrigan makes the Zerg develop individuality to ensure that if something happens to her the dark voice will still be thwarted. She also meets with the ghost of the overmind, and gains his powers (or another living xel'naga).

Just my take on it. Feel free to state yours

Default Re: What do you think should happen in heart of the swarm

"Should" is very strong word that can set up unrealistic expectations.

Anything can happen as far as I can tell, including that all these events are really a fevered and twisted fantasy dream from a still-human Kerrigan.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Eivind's Avatar Junior Member

Kerrigan in therapy... hmm... well, I guess after a mobster they can do that with a Ghost in an RTS.

I suggested kerrigan needing therapy due to the guilt she's gonna feel (as i said before all the infestation did was make it possible for her dark side to gain dominance). Considering the nature of her guilt it should be adressed somewhat.

While the idea sounds interesting (Kerrigan coming to terms with what she's done; particularly the killing of billions), I suspect it would be hard to do in-game in a game like Starcraft since the missions generally involve killing others.
    Last edited by mr. peasant; 01-17-2011 at 06:33 AM.

I get what it is being said, but I think dream sequences or at least some flashbacks juxtaposed with Kerrigan in her current state would work better for the purpose at hand.

I don't know if Blizzard will follow that route, but I can picture a subplot (a chain of missions) with her doing so, sort of like how Raynor follows a chain of missions to weaken Arcturus Mengsk. (He didn't just tar Mengsk, he tarred him with Kerrigan's voice!)
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

the leaked ending implies that the final battle will see kerrigan and raynor toppling mengsk. I am also certain that Kerrigan will fight Duran

I am so happy people are considerate enough to warn people about spoilers.

oops. Sorry about that.