Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Hypothetical/Discussion] UED Faction

vIsitor's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: [Hypothetical/Discussion] UED Faction

Heh. I knew there was a good reason to post this thread. I like your take on the Tech Tree. I'm not sold on all of the building names, but it does a good job of expanding upon mine. Much more original-flavor.

Though I don't think you explained exactly what the Supply Dock does?

I think I'll modify my future designs to run off of yours when I list the prerequisites.

Anyway, here's another unit for you:

===

UED Juggernaut
    Heavy Mobile Artillery Platform

Life: 650
    Energy: 0
    Armor: 3
    Type: Armored
    Modifiers: Mechanical, Massive
    Movement: Slow
    Sight: 9

Plasma Mortar
    Targets: Ground
    Damage: 5x3
    Splash: Yes (Indirect, 4 Hex Radius)
    Reload: 5
    Max Range: 15
    Min Range: 11

Minerals: 750
    Vespene: 300
    Supply: 6
    Trained At: Assembler
    Prerequisites: AI Control, AI Support, Nano Core
    Restock: 150

Description:
    The Juggernaut is the UED's answer to the Thor, Siege Tank, and Nuke, only bigger, meaner, and all rolled into one unit. This gargantuan, six-legged combat walker is designed for one purpose only: shelling enemy bases into oblivion. It can rain down an unrelenting barrage of fiery death upon its targets while remained well beyond range, and few units can escape the wide area the barrage affects. However, besides the cost of the unit, it also requires a spotter to fire, and is virtually defenseless up close. Care must be taken to protect this valuable investment from counter-attack; though robotic, it is not an expendable asset.
    Upgrades:
    Vehicle Armor
    Researched At: Logistics Center
    Effect: +1 Armor

Directed Energy Weapons
    Effect: +3 Attack
    Last edited by vIsitor; 08-08-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Supply dock is basicly a supply depot, it gives supply, each supply center can have up to 4 of them, but it starts with one when you build it, and you can upgrade it 3 times. "Did you ever played tiberium sun, the gdi power plant worked similary " just something a bit different, so it isn't the same, build a house concept
    And as for the names, i know they suck, but is is hard to come up with good ones, and exspecially when you are out of ideas, and you just want to finish your design ;P

vIsitor's Avatar Junior Member

Heh. Yeah, I know. Took me a looong time to find names for my version of the tech tree that I liked. Might I suggest changing "Fleet Command" to "Fleet Headquarters" as to further distance it from the ubiquitous Terran Command Center?

And, no, I haven't played enough Tiberium Sun to realize that. Oh well; at least you've cleared that up.

Anyway, heres two more vehicular designs:

===

UED Hunter
    Main Battle Hover-Tank

Life: 125
    Armor: 1
    Modifiers: Ground, Mechanical, Hover
    Movement: Fast
    Sight: 10

Heavy Coilgun
    Damage: 1 (x60)
    Splash: Yes (Linear)
    Reload: 30
    Max Range: 8
    Min Range: N/A

Minerals: 150
    Vespene: 125
    Supply: 2
    Prerequisites: Repair Bay, AI Control
    Restock: 50

Description:
    The Hunter isn't so much of a Tank as much as a Tank-killer. Its sophisticated AI takes full advantage of its primary weapon, a wickedly powerful gaussian accelerator, to breach the toughest defenses with disconcerting ease. be its prey be protected by shields, armor, or flesh, it tears through all with equal abandon, usually penetrating right through and striking the target behind.

Swift, maneuverable, and merciless, a mere handful of these monsters can decimate an entire column of targets much larger than itself with little difficulty.
    Upgrades:
    Vehicle Armor

===

UED Bowman
    Multi-Role Combat Walker

Life: 150
    Modifiers: Ground, Mechanical
    Movement: Normal
    Sight: 8

Pulse Autocannons
    Damage: 15
    Splash: No
    Reload: 22
    Max Range: 7

AA Missiles
    Targets: Air
    Damage: 5 + 5 vs Armored (x4)
    Splash: No (Yes - 2 Hex Radius)
    Reload: 20
    Max Range: 6 (8)

Minerals: 125
    Vespene: 75
    Supply: 2
    Prerequisites: Repair Bay, Cryogenic Storage
    Restock: 40

Description:
    The Koprulu Exiles were not the only ones to reverse-engineer designs when the UED invaded in 2501. While the Dominion has since copied the Directorate designs for the Medic and Valkyrie Missile Frigate, Directorate technicians became enthralled with the design of the versatile Kel-Morian Goliath.

Already an enduring design, the expeditionary force up-rated a number of captured Goliath walkers with weapons they had brought from Earth, turning the already-formidable mech into a deadly weapons platform. The design variant was so successful, it became something of a symbol of UED power in the region before the expeditionary fleet was ultimately defeated.

Although all of the physical models were lost along with the expeditionary fleet, the designs nevertheless made their way back to Earth, where Directorate Research and Development once again overhauled the design. Rebuilt with advanced Directorate construction techniques and armed with even more sophisticated weaponry, the new design--christen the "Bowman" for its anti-air capabilities--adds a versatile element to the Directorate's forces, efficiently gunning down a wide range of targets in numerous situations.

(Yeah. Its basically the Goliath from the UED Victory Report cinematic. Figured I might as well give it a name).
    Upgrades:
    Vehicle Armor

Directed Energy Weapons
    Effect: +1 Damage (Pulse Autocannon)

Ballistics Weapons
    Effect: +2 Damage (AA Missiles)

Charon Boosters
    Researched At: Repair Bay
    Effect: +2 to AA Missile Range

Flak Missiles
    Researched At: Repair Bay
    Effect: Adds Splash to AA Missiles (2 Hex Radius)

I've decidet to have a go with creating some units

Star Base

Stats:
    Hp: 1200
    Damage: /
    Range: /
    Attack speed: /
    Movement speed: Normall
    Special: Production building,constantly airborne,Rapid Deployment ability,air units repair ability, can be upgraded to Star Fortress and gains the combat drones static ability,

Notes: It's not called the Star Base for nothing. It's build on the ground, and when it's reaching copletion, the ingame voice warns you abouit it, with sirens, and starts the countdown to launch , upon countdown completion it launches into air, with the background sound of a warning siren.

Dragon Fly

Stats:
    Hp: 80
    Armor: /
    Damage: 12 vs air, 6 vs ground
    Range: 5
    Attack speed: Normall
    Special: Air unit

Notes: Basic UED air unit, cheap and somewhat weak, but exstremly massable. The first air unit avaible to the player.

Scorpion Main Battle Tank

Stats:
    Hp: 250
    Armor: 5
    Damage: 35 + 25 vs armored
    Range: 7
    Special: Overload strike ability- can charge up it's Ion Cannon to deal double damage, but cannot attack for 4 attack turns.

Note: It's really big. Has poor hp for it's cost, but it neglects that with it's high armor value.

Strike Trooper

Stats:
    Hp: 75
    Armor:/
    Damage: 9
    Range: 6
    Special: Heal

Note: Basic UED biologicall ground infantry unit, cheap and massable. Can slowly heal itself, when out of combat.

Genesis

Stats:
    Hp:140
    Armor:1
    Damage: 2x(6+5 vs armored)
    Special: Static Corosion -Each succesfull hit depletes energy of an enemy caster unit.

Notes: UED basic mech antiarmor unit, also great against caster units.

Bee

Stats:
    Hp:40
    Armor: /
    Damage: /
    Range: /
    Attack speed:/
    Movement speed: fast
    Special: Air unit, Sonar- can deploy a scan around it's current position, to detect invisible units in a large radius, Targeting Laser- increases the attack range of a friendly air unit,

Notes:Ued detection unit, it doesn't have constant detection, but can use temporaly large range scans to suport the UED troops.

Serpent

Stats:
    Hp:120
    Damage: 2x7 vs air, 4X( 4+3 vs light) vs ground
    Range: 5 vs ground, 6 vs air
    Attack speed:normall
    Movement speed: fast
    Special:Air unit, Small area splash damage vs ground.

Notes: Ued FighterBomber, relatively weak against air units, but excells against ground targets with it's high splash damage, great against unarmored units.

Striker

Stats:
    Hp:160
    Damage: 25
    Range: 8
    Attack speed: slow
    Movement speed: very fast
    Special: Can attack on the move

Note: Due to it's ability to attack while moving, high attack range and it's very fast movement speed, the Striker excells at hit and run tacktics, but has a very low attack speed so it's not very suited in conventional warfair. Becomes deadly in a skilled micro players hand.

Moon Gunship Frigate

Stats:
    Hp:300
    Armor: 2
    Damage: 4 x( 8 + 4 vs armored)
    Attack speed: normall
    Movement speed:normall
    Special: Can transport units

Notes: Medium heavy UED fleet unit, it's designed to support the large "Leviathan" class destroyers on the battlefield.

Gremlin

Stats:
    Hp:180
    Damage: 2x ( 12+4vs armored)
    Range: 8
    Attack speed: normall
    Movement speed:normall
    Special: Passive stealth- the unit doesn't show on the minimap, enemy units don't auto target it, must be manually target by the enemy.

Note: UED air supperiority fighter.

Well this are all the units i've decided to do for now. Could be done much better, but this will have to do for now, since it's only to show the posibble UED unit potentiall.

Kegluneq's Avatar Junior Member

Try to come up with a more consistent naming theme. For instance, SC Vanilla's Terran units are largely based off of mythology.

Also, Scorpion MBT? Sounds quite Haloish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegluneq View Post
    Try to come up with a more consistent naming theme. For instance, SC Vanilla's Terran units are largely based off of mythology.

Also, Scorpion MBT? Sounds quite Haloish.
    1. A naming theme based on geographical things connected to Earth, like Earth cities, mountains or other landmarks. (Parthenon Battleship)

2. A historical Earth-centric theme, like famous battles and people (Bismarck Juggernaut Artillery). I feel this might be what the UED would be most likely to use.

3. An Earth-animal theme covering maybe all animals or just a certain group, insects should probably be left alone since that might remind too much of the Zerg. (Panther Main Battle Hover-tank) This one might be the most likely to be picked by Blizzard out the three I think.

A mixture of any combination of the above might also work.

Since the UED are so introverted and obsessed with their "divine destiny" having any naming theme to be Earth-centric would be fitting with the lore, having any unit name in some way be connected to Earth.

Regarding units, one of their hover-craft should be able to cliff-jump. Also, I miswrote in my previous post, I didn't mean hovering should be common among their ground units but their vehicle ground units, hovering human infantry could look very stupid.
    Last edited by Roobster; 08-10-2009 at 03:35 AM.