Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So i heard Jimmy lieks to meet new guyz...

Default So i heard Jimmy lieks to meet new guyz...

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/656097096

So I had time to waste today and went on the Starcraft 2 official forum and found this thread. Basically, posters are reinterpreting important parts of the campaign by emphasizing flaws in the plot in a hilarious way. If you're one of those people who hate the story with a raging passion, I'm sure you'll get at least some "lol" out of it.

Here are some of the posts:

*SPOILERS AHEAD* if you havent finished the campaign then you should not read any further.

*All of a sudden a lvl 80 troll shaman appears on the Hyperion, Matt and Raynor are shocked*

Tosh: Yo mann!

Raynor: Uhm... Matt, who is this guy?

Matt: I dont know how he got here but he is an ex-dominion assassin and wants to speak to you. Should i get rid of him?

Raynor: Wait. Lets hear what he has to say first.

Tosh: I hear u need sum moneyz. Wanna go harvest sum Terazzine for meh? I give muneyz.

Raynor: OK LETS GO!

*All of a sudden a dominion battlecruiser crashes into hyperion, and Jim and Tychus fight their way (alone) to the room where a complete stranger stands*

Raynor: Who are you?

Valerian: I am Valerian Mengsk the son of your greatest enemy against whom you are just doing a rebellion against.

Raynor: Give me one good reason why i shouldnt kill you now.

Valerian: I can give you that what you always wanted, because i obviously know what you want even tough i have just met you.

Raynor: And what would that be?

Valerian: HUMAN KERRIGAN!! Also i have no proof of what i am saying, you just have to believe me. I am obviously not working with my father, or want to set up a trap or sumthing.

Raynor: K..K.KK.KEE.RRIGAN? HUMAN KERRIGAN!!?? OK WE BEST FRIENDZ NAO KK?

Dear Blizzard if you read this (which i doubt) please dont make characters complete retards in your following games. Thanx.

Love this one:

Mefiso, I don't understand you.

Nova is pretty and the star of the cancelled StarCraft Ghost.

She is also hot.

It's only logical for Raynor to trust her.

Just like this part:

Zeratul: I bring tidings of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM James Raynor!

Raynor: It's Jim. Nobody calls me James. And what happened to the lights?

Zeratul: It's for the atmosphere. Anyway, take this crystal. It'll let you see what I saw, then - you will understand.

Raynor: Wha?

Zeratul: DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

*Zeratul disappears*

Raynor: Wow, by using this crystal I had a vision of Zeratul having a vision of the overmind that had a vision of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Horner: I'm sorry sir?

Raynor: Zeratul met Tassadar, who is not really dead, and he showed him a vision that the Overmind had of strange Protoss/Zerg hybrids killing everyone because Kerrigan was dead!

Horner: What are you on about?!

Raynor: I used a crystal Zeratul gave me. It let me see all that in a vision.

Horner: Crystal sir? Alchohol is not enough? And when did you meet Zeratul?

Raynor: He was on board the ship. All the lights got off and he appeared and gave me the crystal.

Horner: OH OK, NAO IT ALL MAKES SENSE. LETS GO USE AN ARTIFACT ON KERRIGAN THAT MIGHT KILL HER OR DE-INFEST HER!

Raynor: YEAH! THEN LOOK FOR ZERATUL, I WANNA HAVE MORE CRYSTAL!
    Feel free to come out with yours! I love that stuff.

Default Re: So i heard Jimmy lieks to meet new guyz...

Here in Russia we have a very fitting word to describe "humour" such as this one: Petrosyanstvo. This term's origin is in the name of Evegny Vaganovich Petrosyan, one of the most famous Russian comics, who wasn't funny for about a decade by now, but is still trying to be. This term means something which is incredibly unfunny or incredibly stupid, but is going out of its way to look funny.

Those to quotes are a perfect example of such thing. Although they can generate a couple of dumb laughs, they are unfunny and stupid, to boot. They lack intelligence to be genuinely humorous and the "flaws" of the plot they emphasize are not actually flaws, but just key events of the campaign that author of these texts chose to turn into some absurdistic nonsense.

And BTW, the joke about Tosh being Troll outlived itself centuries before WoL was released. Yeah, that joke is so stupid and unoriginal that it caused a "TIME PARDOX!".
    Karass aka XEL

Raynor: Wow, by using this crystal I had a vision of Zeratul having a vision of the overmind that had a vision of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
    THIS is my favourite part .

Some of the stuff is a little unfair though, like Valerian would have done lots of research on Raynor before contacting him, or concocting his plan in the first place. Of course, the whole thing is still kinda silly in the first place - like how his scientists were even able to even come up with the theory that the artifacts could de-zergify Kerrigan.
    The only place for a hamshank is on the dinner plate!

There's a reason why Edward Longshanks was an evil git in 'Braveheart'! Down with the shanks! All of them!

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

lol I did laugh at a few lines haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Karass View Post
    Here in Russia we have a very fitting word to describe "humour" such as this one: Petrosyanstvo. This term's origin is in the name of Evegny Vaganovich Petrosyan, one of the most famous Russian comics, who wasn't funny for about a decade by now, but is still trying to be. This term means something which is incredibly unfunny or incredibly stupid, but is going out of its way to look funny.

Those to quotes are a perfect example of such thing. Although they can generate a couple of dumb laughs, they are unfunny and stupid, to boot. They lack intelligence to be genuinely humorous and the "flaws" of the plot they emphasize are not actually flaws, but just key events of the campaign that author of these texts chose to turn into some absurdistic nonsense.

And BTW, the joke about Tosh being Troll outlived itself centuries before WoL was released. Yeah, that joke is so stupid and unoriginal that it caused a "TIME PARDOX!".
    Don't be a sourpuss, Karass!

Being so uptight and serious about something as stupid as these jokes means you didn't get the joke (even if it was in bad taste and not to your liking) in the first place. Like beauty, "genuine" humour is in the eye of the beholder. I guess you must really hate parodies of all kinds then...
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Don't get me wrong, I love parodies! Especially if they are clever and witty. But I didn't like these jokes. I did get all of them (i.e. I understand all the references, like Troll shaman, etc.), but didn't find them that funny or good.
    Karass aka XEL

Quote Originally Posted by Karass View Post

Well, can't please everyone I guess. If you can do better or find some parodies that are better, please do so!

I agree with Karass on this one, not only because he is my portrait's name, but I don't find them funny also.

No offense, but maybe this was intended to make laugh those who were dissapointed with WoL. I was not.

Nothing but "forced out" jokes. A good reason why I don't visit the blizz forums. :P

But I liked some of the less forced and just "silly" ones, like this one:

Overmind: awaken my child... obey me

Infested Kerrigan: I will never obey you... you killed my father...

Overmind: No Kerrigan... I am your father....

Infested Kerrigan: ...NooooooO!!
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Well, can't please everyone I guess. If you can do better or find some parodies that are better, please do so!
    Plinkett and his girlfriends roleplaying in the SW prequel reviews. I admit that these are kind of amusing when I'm in the right mood though.