Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So i heard Jimmy lieks to meet new guyz...

Default Re: So i heard Jimmy lieks to meet new guyz...

I wonder if anyone here find or create a biting (and/or vapid as some of you seem to think) parody of the Sc1 campaigns?
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

http://www.campaigncreations.org/starcraft/bob_levels This is a good example of such thing.
    Karass aka XEL

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    I wonder if anyone here find or create a biting (and/or vapid as some of you seem to think) parody of the Sc1 campaigns?
    Well I don't know about BW, but SCI definitely made more sense than WoL. I'm not a very creative person, but there is a pretty long list of things from BW which might be made into a parody. Some of them can be found in Fanatic Templars thread at the lore forum, and about the only things I'd add to the list is all related to Tarsonis. Stuff Arcturuses apparant immunity to Kerrigans mind reading powers, and an ultra advance terran built psi disruptor slipping everyones notice except for the UED could make for some good parody material. I'm sure that there are some good lore explantions to these things on the wiki, but I figured that these things are important enough that they needed a better in game explanation.

SC1 made just as much sense as WoL, i.e. both have made quiet enough sense to be considered part of SC storyline.
    Karass aka XEL

Quote Originally Posted by Karass View Post
    Here in Russia we have a very fitting word to describe "humour" such as this one: Petrosyanstvo. This term's origin is in the name of Evegny Vaganovich Petrosyan, one of the most famous Russian comics, who wasn't funny for about a decade by now, but is still trying to be. This term means something which is incredibly unfunny or incredibly stupid, but is going out of its way to look funny.
    One of my favorite things about Russians is their tendency to turn names into labels like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Well, can't please everyone I guess. If you can do better or find some parodies that are better, please do so!
    Well, shameless advertising alert.

Isn't This Where/We Came In?
    Parody of my inability to win the harder levels without saving/reloading a hundred times.

Superiority
    Parody of the tech tree in StarCraft.

F*U*B*A*R
    Parody of the changes made to SCII in development, and some of the community reaction thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Well I don't know about BW, but SCI definitely made more sense than WoL. I'm not a very creative person, but there is a pretty long list of things from BW which might be made into a parody. Some of them can be found in Fanatic Templars thread at the lore forum, and about the only things I'd add to the list is all related to Tarsonis. Stuff Arcturuses apparant immunity to Kerrigans mind reading powers, and an ultra advance terran built psi disruptor slipping everyones notice except for the UED could make for some good parody material. I'm sure that there are some good lore explantions to these things on the wiki, but I figured that these things are important enough that they needed a better in game explanation.
    Ya blind or amnesiac?
    It was specifically stated in the mission briefing that Arcturus had looked for the Psi Disruptor on Tarsonis, but the Zerg overran the place before he could locate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirel View Post

amnesiac?
    Probably, but what about before the invasion? Was the original overmind just too OP for the disruptor to be a threat?

I liked the whole crystals/drug exchange between horner and jim

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Probably, but what about before the invasion? Was the original overmind just too OP for the disruptor to be a threat?
    Nope, it just so happened that it suffered a convenient malfunction and couldn't be used properly by the Confeds on account of them being dumb rednecks and all. Only the UED were hardcore enough to detect it's trace activity, finding it and gettingt it working again in BW.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirel View Post
    One of my favorite things about Russians is their tendency to turn names into labels like this.
    Post-Soviet influence from the Western culture. It's not we who started to turn names of their celebrities into labels and trademarks
    Karass aka XEL