Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creep drop maybe nerfed after beta?

Default Creep drop maybe nerfed after beta?

I don't know if someone has already mentioned this, but have they changed the mechanics of creep to where terran/toss can build on creep? If not I don't see creep drop lasting long for normal overlords.

Depending on how long the dropped creep lasts, zerg can basically deny terran/toss expo like... forever, not to mention preventing wall-ins, and damaging standing buildings. With the 30% movement speed bonus, I can see high-level players like Jaedong and Savior completely covering the map with creep, blocking off/delaying expos and providing virtually infinite exits for their Nydus network.

I can even see mass offensive queen builds/rushes because of creep. I don't see a couple zealots or a bunker/depot/barracks wall in stopping two queens and six lings, especially since the queens can creep tumor their path to your opponents main.

Mid game queen drop/nydus with razor plague might be quite devastating also if razor plague makes it past beta. Drop two plagues on both exits of the mineral patch and move them in toward each other... ouch! then just dive back into the nydus network till mana regens enough to do it again... to all the other expos... lol

Just theorycrafting, but i don't think in alpha play to this point anyone has really tried to abuse this type of rushing/harassment.

Default Re: Creep drop maybe nerfed after beta?

The Creep takes longer to spread than before for Overlords, which used to immediately cover an area of 2x2 square space while naturally spreading, but now starts to grow from point blank then outward.

Damage to Non-Zerg buildings has been removed (long ago) due to troubled team play, where Creep damages every building non-Zerg, including Allies.

On the Queen, she might as well be spawning Larvae at base. Once detection comes into play, every Creep Tumor will pop like over-microwaved sausages, just wasted 25 energy per tumor...

-Psi
    >>You Must Construct Additional Pylons<<

I d guess the more important question is how long the creep lasts once the overlord moves/leaves the area?

Overlord drops creep/ shoot overlord with marine/ overlord runs away/ creep is left behind.

This is what would really prevent expansions/ wall in.

Well according to the wikia, it lasts 30 seconds.

Creep drop is only available in lair tech, if T or P do a FE Z players won't be able to deny them from expo'ing so early.
    Find Humanity ... Assimilate ... Learn ... Evolve.

Overlords are big and slow. Using them in that way will just be leaving them vulnerable to the enemy.

It's a workable strategy, but it won't be that powerful.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I thought creep drop lasts forever as long as the overlord was there continually dropping creep?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    I thought creep drop lasts forever as long as the overlord was there continually dropping creep?
    I think he meant if the Overlord died/moved.

I don't think creep drops are going to be very different from a Protoss building pylons. The pylon can slow down expansions and allow warp in, but just like the vulnerable Overlord, you are wasting 100 minerals as soon as the opponent attacks the defenseless unit/structure.

Like others have said, need to remember how slow overlords are. They will most likely die during any attempts at offensive creeping.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I wonder, if you have multiple overlords spreading creep, does the creep later start to recede only from the perimeter of the entire blob of creep? Or does it start fo recede from the perimeter of the overlord that it got spread from, for each overlord/creep dropped?