Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic

  1. #1

    Default Star Wars: The Old Republic

    Anyone elts as pumped as I am for this game?
    I've been craving a great MMO lately (and I refuse to play WoW). I've been playing Vindictus, and as good as that is (for a free MMO) I just need something more.
    Hurry up already BioWare! Nobody cares about Mass Effect 3!

    Anyways, here's a bunch of cool vids:
    Hidden Content:





    Last edited by Carsickness; 01-04-2011 at 11:44 PM.
    KCCO

  2. #2
    spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,224

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

    even though I was impressed by the game at the reveal presentation at Gamescom, it's still an MMO and I will always stand with my claim
    fuck MMO'S and monthly fee games

    Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

  3. #3
    ooZer0's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

    At first I was like...


    But then I saw the gameplay...


    Biggest disappoint in past couple of years. Thank god Gw2 is looking better with each info release...
    Last edited by ooZer0; 01-03-2011 at 08:36 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

    Why do Bioware have such difficulty at improving gameplay. How hard is it to simply hire a good lead designer. I really dislike that devs like BIoware, Betheshda and Obsidian seem to think that the fact that they specialise in RPG allows them to treat gameplay like an afterthought which isn't worth improving upon.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Why do Bioware have such difficulty at improving gameplay. How hard is it to simply hire a good lead designer. I really dislike that devs like BIoware, Betheshda and Obsidian seem to think that the fact that they specialise in RPG allows them to treat gameplay like an afterthought which isn't worth improving upon.
    What exactly constitutes bad and good gameplay to you. Some of the systems TOR is implementing, like companion crafting, are AWESOME.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

    Those pics perfectly describe how I feel about this game. I just think it's going to be a big letdown but I really, REALLY want to be proven wrong.
    I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

  7. #7
    ooZer0's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    What exactly constitutes bad and good gameplay to you. Some of the systems TOR is implementing, like companion crafting, are AWESOME.
    Fun and interesting gameplay.

    Cool systems like companion crafting are pretty sweet, but when the combat is generic and uninteresting, having cool aspects doesn't save the whole. Not only is the combat exactly the same type as we have seen from both KOTOR games, but we have seen the exact same style of combat since Everquest and DaoC: Walk up to opponent and attack, repeat until either you are dead or you opponent is dead.

    The animations are stale and rough. Movements are choppy and repetitive. We have seen this exact same type of gameplay in MMO's for 8 straight years. Its time to innovate people, lets change it up a bit. I'm happy that your game is completely narrated and don't get me wrong, I love a GOOD story, but if the stuff in between the cut scenes is un-interesting, its not gonna hold my attention.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

    Quote Originally Posted by ooZer0 View Post
    Fun and interesting gameplay.

    Cool systems like companion crafting are pretty sweet, but when the combat is generic and uninteresting, having cool aspects doesn't save the whole. Not only is the combat exactly the same type as we have seen from both KOTOR games, but we have seen the exact same style of combat since Everquest and DaoC: Walk up to opponent and attack, repeat until either you are dead or you opponent is dead.

    The animations are stale and rough. Movements are choppy and repetitive. We have seen this exact same type of gameplay in MMO's for 8 straight years. Its time to innovate people, lets change it up a bit.

    I don't know, it was pretty fun when I played Neverwinter Nights, but I believe the main reason that it was fun is because NWN was awesome. It had a very deep system and there were always multiple things to consider when building a character, even if it were something as basic as 38 cleric/1 monk/1 rogue. PVP servers like Bastions of War and Capture the Flag were very different in the way the rules were laid out and the way that people were innovating new builds years after the persistent world were created kept me entertained for years. So it all comes down to execution basically, and I haven't liked a Bioware game for its gameplay since Neverwinter Nights.
    Last edited by Louis; 01-04-2011 at 01:27 AM.

  9. #9
    TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,895

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

    I'll wait until this is emulated. I don't pay fees. If I were to pay monthly, I would obsess over getting the most out of my money that I might as well just retire to a cave.



    Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

    So there's a new article from IGN on the game. Nothing really new to note from it, but it's nice to know the game is coming along nicely.

    What I am getting increasingly interested in is the space combat:



    Though I would of much rathered a Rogue Squadron type gameplay. It's current state just reminds me of Kingdom Heart's Gummy ship...thing. And a guess a little like Star Fox, but I doubt Bioware will be able to equal that level of play.
    lol, "do a barrel roll!"
    KCCO

Similar Threads

  1. Star Wars Kotor steam...
    By ragsash in forum Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 10:02 AM
  2. New Star Wars Game
    By Warsaw in forum Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 02:57 PM
  3. Would Star Wars: Battlefront 3 be good idea?
    By Arkalis in forum Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 01:24 PM
  4. Star Wars - The Old Republic
    By Albuterol in forum Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 04:47 PM
  5. Star Wars (General Grievous)
    By Alzarath in forum Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 09:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •