PDA

View Full Version : To what employer are YOU enslaved?

EvilGenius
06-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Although I'm looking for a job that will better facilitate evil plotting, I'm currently working at a fast food restaurant called "Culver's".

For all your sakes, if you've never had to work in a customer service job - AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS!

After 3 years of it... I've grown a desire to kill every customer i run into... :eek:

spychi
06-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Swedwood Factory, Wuwer System Former-Operator
after almost 2 years of work I have like enough of walking (20-25km in 8 hours every day from monday till friday by foot) and doing paper work...thats why I applied for Blizzard's Job Offer - Online Community Representative - Polish

DemolitionSquid
06-08-2009, 05:21 AM
I'm the town fool AND the town drunk.

2 full time jobs... just to get by... damn recession.

GentleBen
06-08-2009, 06:30 AM
The US Army. I'm in Iraq and it sucks.

EvilGenius
06-08-2009, 09:31 AM
The US Army. I'm in Iraq and it sucks.

I have a lot of family in the Army right now, 2 cousins overseas - how long have you been in Iraq?

ChaosSmurf
06-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Looking for a job, ChaosSmurf wants to be a games journalist! It's like working for SC:L only I get paid!

sandwich_bird
06-08-2009, 10:44 AM
I work at Zellers...Probably gonna leave when University starts back in September. I've been working part time there for like 3 years now. It's not that bad but I want something better. I failed to get something else this summer but next year I'll try again. If I could get a research assistant job then I'd be happy.

Zero
06-08-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't like my job. I don't think I'm going to go anymore.

But no, seriously, my resume is currently being updated so I can start launching it everywhere online. I've been at this job for a year and a half, and the pay sucks, and the job isn't enjoyable enough for me to bother staying. There are graduates coming out of college that are probably going to start their first real engineering job making more money than I am. My boss denies it, but I'm really only doing sustaining work. Sustaining engineers are like the janitors of the engineering world, taking old designs and fixing them up so they can be used with current equipment and specifications. No new designs here.

XSOLDIER
06-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Unisys - horrible employer.

But the job that I do is tech support for Microsoft for their employees, which is awesome. If I could be hired by (almost) anyone other than Unisys, I'd be glad to continue doing it for a while.

X :cool:

Redcloak
06-20-2009, 07:04 PM
X just use them to get some certs, and go somewhere else.

Dauntless
06-21-2009, 08:55 PM
This summer I'm working for the municipality of Melhus. A place outside Trondheim, the city I live in.

I measure sizes of houses and properties, which basically mean I decide how much people pay in property tax :p

Great when the weather is!

RainbowToeSocks
06-21-2009, 09:04 PM
I measure sizes of houses and properties, which basically mean I decide how much people pay in property tax :p

People must hate you

Dauntless
06-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Well, when people recieve their taxes I'm done with the job, and they aren't allowed to see our papers ^^ But it's not like we punish the idiots with higher taxes, while relieveing nice people... That would be a nice way of taxing people though.

Stupidity tax, w00t!

RainbowToeSocks
06-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Still people are probably like "As soon as he's gone we'll add that extension we wanted so we don't have higher taxes till next year" :p

Wankey
06-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Research in Motion - BlackBerry designers.