PDA

View Full Version : LFD2

LordofAscension
12-11-2009, 11:39 PM
ANyone play?

Anyone interested in playing together and/or working on some achievements?

:D

~LoA

spychi
12-12-2009, 04:32 AM
ANyone play?

Anyone interested in playing together and/or working on some achievements?

:D

~LoA

@Steam BF group give me your nick and I will add you, I am the AD
I know the UED_SO plays it all the time, I need to buy the game first though

Blazur
12-12-2009, 01:07 PM
I'll be playing it come xmas. Steam ID is the same as this one.

Is there a SCL steam group?

spychi
12-12-2009, 01:30 PM
I'll be playing it come xmas. Steam ID is the same as this one.

Is there a SCL steam group?

now there is
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SC_L
this will be a account giveaway for the admin group

Pandonetho
12-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Are you guys talking about the PC version?

Damn, because my PC sucks, and my xbox360 is busted. *cry*

spychi
12-12-2009, 02:25 PM

well obviously yes

Blazur
12-12-2009, 02:42 PM

You're a sucker if you buy any VALVe game on a console, and that is the truth.

Pandonetho
12-12-2009, 05:38 PM
You're a sucker if you buy any VALVe game on a console, and that is the truth.

I find nothing wrong with playing L4D on the xbox where I don't have to convince myself and my friends collectively to buy 4 copies of a game and have 4 computers just to play with my friends online as a team. Plus, I have a 56" TV, I think I'd rather play on that than a computer that's a decade old.

Islandsnake
12-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Idk what it is about LFD but I cant get into it, and I love zombie games =/

Pandonetho
12-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Idk what it is about LFD but I cant get into it, and I love zombie games =/

It's a pretty simple and boring game in itself, IMO it's only fun if you play with friends and use teamwork.

Paxel
12-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Some achievements are just impossible to get when playing a public game.

LordofAscension
12-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Some achievements are just impossible to get when playing a public game.

Which is why we need friends :D

~LoA

Alzarath
12-14-2009, 05:49 AM
I don't know... I just don't feel I want to try it. Sure, L4D was good. But L4D2, I just feel like I'd be getting the exact same game with new character skins and the ability to use melee weapons. I prefer range anyways. Looking at videos, it looks exactly the same as L4D1 too.

Iceman_jkh
12-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Anyone heard about the BS surrounding the AUS version of the game?

AUS does not have a rating above MA15+ for games - apparently we Aussies are all idiots. When L4D2 was initially released in AUS it was refused classification (IE:banned). Subsequently VALVe created a no/low gore version which satisfied the (pathetic) MA15+ rating for AUS release. Plenty of vids on the net showing how pathetic our version is in comparison.

I'd be keen to play the game (with SCL guys when I have time), but I'm not buying the AUS version.
The easiest way for me to get the proper version is for someone in the US to gift it to my account (and be paid back accordingly).
Any takers... PM me ;)

Ghost_828
12-17-2009, 02:51 PM
The easiest way for me to get the proper version is for someone in the US to gift it to my account (and be paid back accordingly).
Any takers... PM me ;)

Patched, I'm afraid. There are ways to bypass it, but it is sadly not that easy.

Iceman_jkh
12-17-2009, 03:09 PM
WTF?! Even the gifted US version doesnt work now? How did that happen? Why can't my steam account simply be associated with a US address + someone send me L4D2 as a gift?

Heck, I'd temp change my steam account password, give u the login details, get you to buy it from your place, then grab the account back, change password and reemburse you.

Ghost_828
12-18-2009, 12:21 AM
WTF?! Even the gifted US version doesnt work now? How did that happen? Why can't my steam account simply be associated with a US address + someone send me L4D2 as a gift?

Heck, I'd temp change my steam account password, give u the login details, get you to buy it from your place, then grab the account back, change password and reemburse you.

The problem lies with the Australian rating system itself. The moment this bypass was discovered, Valve was legally bound to fix it. Either that, get sued, or not release in Australia at all.
Go the South African way. Blame your government

Iceman_jkh
12-18-2009, 03:02 AM
Yeah, I know that. But as long as they are seen to be doing something (sufficiently), they are covered. It doesnt require them to ensure that thrre is 0% chance than an uncensored game can be played in AUS.

Iceman_jkh
12-19-2009, 07:50 AM
Patched, I'm afraid. There are ways to bypass it, but it is sadly not that easy.

Done. GIFTING still works :)
Finished the game today. Not bad, but I honestly had more fun playing Cysis:Warhead and COD:MW1&2.

LordofAscension
12-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Anyone up for some team games today?

~LoA

spychi
12-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Anyone up for some team games today?

~LoA

i am ready for some action, UED will be soon on steam

dynamiK-
12-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm planning on this game being my lone game that I get this Christmas. I've heard good things. L4D was nice, but it got very repetitive after a while. Hopefully L4D2 has more variety.

arsedestroyer
12-28-2009, 05:05 AM
I wanna play this but I can't.

house arrest FTL.

flabortast
01-24-2010, 02:14 AM
I don't know... I just don't feel I want to try it. Sure, L4D was good. But L4D2, I just feel like I'd be getting the exact same game with new character skins and the ability to use melee weapons. I prefer range anyways. Looking at videos, it looks exactly the same as L4D1 too.

Superficially it looks like L4d+ extra stuff, but there's more to it than that. Aside from the new weapons, items special infected, coding was drastically change improved. I would say that L4D felt more like a beta and L4D2 is what the first one should have been.

KDraconis
01-24-2010, 01:44 PM
How come I haven't seen this thread before?

I'll be willing to play a lot after exams (which end in 4 days). I'm pretty sure I joined the SC:L community group, so...
See you all soon. :D

Gifted
01-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Going in game now.