PDA

View Full Version : ArcherofAiur's Guide to Starcraft Anatomy!

ArcherofAiur
11-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Have you ever wanted to learn anatomy but found it just too boring? Wish that learning it was as interesting as Starcraft?

Well guess what? Now it is! Using ArcherofAiur's Guide to Starcraft Anatomy!

Lesson 1: Musculature of the Back
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/ArcherofAiur/hydraliskback.jpg

Lesson 2: Skeleton of the Thorax
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/ArcherofAiur/Jimshoulder.jpg

Lesson 3: Anatomical Planes
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/ArcherofAiur/ZealotTransverse.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/ArcherofAiur/zealotcoranolplane2.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/ArcherofAiur/ZealotSagittal.jpg

Lesson 4: Brachial Plexus
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/ArcherofAiur/brachialplexus3.jpg

DemolitionSquid
11-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Not even the strongest coffee in the world could make me care.

ArcherofAiur
11-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Lesson 2: Skeleton of the Thorax

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/ArcherofAiur/RaynorShoulder.jpg

StrongCoffee
11-14-2009, 02:15 PM
....Are you sure, Squid? yeah...its a lame joke, but you gave it to me too easy

sandwich_bird
11-14-2009, 02:53 PM
I guess you had a lot of time to waste.

DemolitionSquid
11-14-2009, 02:55 PM
....Are you sure, Squid? yeah...its a lame joke, but you gave it to me too easy

Indeed.

Eligor
11-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Knew long ago that Hydralisk torso anatomy is based on human musculature (in fact, one of the basic rules of creature design is that if you want to make it creepy take human anatomy and start distorting it).

Pandonetho
11-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Now do the anatomy of a baneling.

ArcherofAiur
11-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Now do the anatomy of a baneling.

http://starcraft.incgamers.com/gallery/data/504/thumbs/Baneling.jpg

[_______________________]
----------------|
----------------Tumor

Knew long ago that Hydralisk torso anatomy is based on human musculature (in fact, one of the basic rules of creature design is that if you want to make it creepy take human anatomy and start distorting it).

Heres the crazy part. Going by the the shoulder musculature I dont think the Hydralisk can actually abduct its arm past 15 degrees. It shouldnt even be able to raise its arm up.

Hamshank
11-14-2009, 06:45 PM
http://starcraft.incgamers.com/gallery/data/504/thumbs/Baneling.jpg

[_______________________]
----------------|
----------------Tumor

I laughed more at Demosquid's comment than your jokes, but this one was funny.

ArcherofAiur
11-15-2009, 12:22 AM
Lesson 3: Anatomical Planes
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/ArcherofAiur/ZealotTransverse.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/ArcherofAiur/zealotcoranolplane2.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/ArcherofAiur/ZealotSagittal.jpg

ArcherofAiur
11-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Brachial Plexus is a monster but I simplified it for you guys. C5-C8 are cervical vertebrae and T1 is your first throacic vertabrae. Its hard to see but the most lateral nerve is the Musculocutaneous nerve. It inervates your bicheps and coracobrachialis.

Lesson 4: Brachial Plexus
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/ArcherofAiur/brachialplexus3.jpg

The_Blade
11-15-2009, 11:24 AM
I laughed more at Demosquid's comment than your jokes, but this one was funny.

indeed jaja

Blazur
11-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Has the macro discussion thread fizzled out or something?

Zabimaru
11-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Has the macro discussion thread fizzled out or something?

They will find a way to revive it... trust me. ;)

Josue
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/795/rockyowl7ca.jpg

ArcherofAiur
11-16-2009, 12:34 PM

;)

Soon

DemolitionSquid
11-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Its dead because

a) The pro-PC side has only one logical argument; everything else has been debunked

b) We're all still waiting on Archer's editorial to be published

ArcherofAiur
11-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Its dead because

a) The pro-PC side has only one logical argument; everything else has been debunked

HA!

Thats funny. I remember us debunking all of your false arguements. Remember you made your last stand with the "PC is unbalanced and I can prove it" which ended as a massacre for your side.

Oh and demo your going to love my article ;)

DemolitionSquid
11-17-2009, 06:28 AM
HA!

Thats funny. I remember us debunking all of your false arguements. Remember you made your last stand with the "PC is unbalanced and I can prove it" which ended as a massacre for your side.

Oh and demo your going to love my article ;)

First off, YOU have so-far contributed nothing substantial to proving anything. Kricket and Santrega have done all the work, and I'd suggest not taking credit for it lest you look like even more of a fool.

Secondly, the only argument your group has is that I can't mathematically calculate every single thing in the game because the game is so diverse; and you claim on that sole basis that I'm wrong. What you don't seem to understand is that basis is a double-standard; it means you can be just as wrong as me and thus is a m00t point.

Ergo, you have JACK SHIT.

Lie moar.

ArcherofAiur
11-17-2009, 09:35 AM
First off, YOU have so-far contributed nothing substantial to proving anything. Kricket and Santrega have done all the work, and I'd suggest not taking credit for it lest you look like even more of a fool.

Secondly, the only argument your group has is that I can't mathematically calculate every single thing in the game because the game is so diverse; and you claim on that sole basis that I'm wrong. What you don't seem to understand is that basis is a double-standard; it means you can be just as wrong as me and thus is a m00t point.

Ergo, you have JACK SHIT.

Lie moar.

Demo ive countered just about every one of you arguements. Your in some kind of denial. See you like to make stuff up. Like when you claimed that you had proven that PC was unbalancable. You didnt say "hey guys i get the feeling PC might be unbalanceable." You said "I have mathematically proven PC is unbalancable and anyone who cant see it is an idiot." And I predicted that we would show this not to be the case and you would tone yourself down for a couple pages and then get beligerent again. Which apparently has happened.

sandwich_bird
11-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Don't bring the macro discussion here. Stay on topic.

ArcherofAiur
11-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Stay on topic.
How dare people be off topic in the off topic lounge :rolleyes:

Im actually working on the next installment. Does anyone have any suggestions or things they want to see. Weve only done limbs and back so I cant do internal organs or head yet.

Sarov
11-17-2009, 01:20 PM
How dare people be off topic in the off topic lounge :rolleyes:

You're thinking wrong. The off topic forum just means means that the threads within don't have to do with StarCraft. When you make a thread, there is a topic. All he's asking is that you stick to the topic the thread is about. If you want to talk macro, there's the macro thread.

Pandonetho
11-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Wow you guys are more hardcore than the actual administrators lol.

It's like the moment you guys got the badge you're a whole different person.

ArcherofAiur
11-17-2009, 01:31 PM
You're thinking wrong. The off topic forum just means means that the threads within don't have to do with StarCraft. When you make a thread, there is a topic. All he's asking is that you stick to the topic the thread is about. If you want to talk macro, there's the macro thread.

I know its probably in the rules somewhere and their is justification for "the crack down". I mean if you want it to be that kind of forum I guess you have every right to. Just wanted to point out that people noticed.

sandwich_bird
11-17-2009, 02:34 PM
No actually being hardcore would have been deleting all those macro posts, giving both of you (AA and squid) an off-topic infraction and closing the thread. Instead I just asked that you don't bring the macro debate here. That macro discussion is already spreading everywhere way too much and it is the main reason why I told you guys to stay on topic (I really don't mind minor off-topics posts here and there). I believe it's fair enough.

Now on topic:

Im actually working on the next installment. Does anyone have any suggestions or things they want to see. Weve only done limbs and back so I cant do internal organs or head yet. You could use campaign icons from the original Starcraft (the hydra, marine and zealot).

Perfecttear
11-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Wow you guys are more hardcore than the actual administrators lol.

It's like the moment you guys got the badge you're a whole different person.

Sarov even broke all of her frienships (including me), the moment she became a moderator. What power does to people :o

And please don't bring that macro menace out of that forsaken thread:p

ArcherofAiur
11-17-2009, 02:44 PM
No actually being hardcore would have been deleting all those macro posts, giving both of you (AA and squid) an off-topic infraction and closing the thread. Instead I just asked that you don't bring the macro debate here. That macro discussion is already spreading everywhere way too much and it is the main reason why I told you guys to stay on topic (I really don't mind minor off-topics posts here and there). I believe it's fair enough.

Yah there were worse stuff you could have done. I dont think anyone doubts that. But thats not what were really talking about. Were talking about a change in forum attitude. I have nothing against you personally and I am sure your acting in the best wishes of the administration. I just wish you would try talking to the people personally (ie talk to me and demo via pm find out how we feel and how you feel and why) rather then just reigning down dictates. You would be surprised how far you can get just talking to someone.

Now do you have to? No you dont. Its just a nice thing to do. In the sense of having nice forums to post on.

Im actually kinda curious to how you answered this question when applying to be a moderator.

A tight-knit group harmlessly insults each other, though the occasional profanity comes up.

sandwich_bird
11-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Yah there were worse stuff you could have done. I dont think anyone doubts that. But thats not what were really talking about. Were talking about a change in forum attitude. I have nothing against you personally and I am sure your acting in the best wishes of the administration. I just wish you would try talking to the people personally (ie talk to me and demo via pm find out how we feel and how you feel and why) rather then just reigning down dictates. You would be surprised how far you can get just talking to someone.

Now do you have to? No you dont. Its just a nice thing to do. In the sense of having nice forums to post on. Noted but for this particular situation I believe I had to tell you guys to stop before we end up with 4 pages of unnecessary off-topic macro discussion that would most likely lead to flaming or such.

Speaking of which, please don't continue on the subject. If you guys have a problem with me or sarov PM us and we'll gladly try to solve it.

Sarov
11-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Sarov even broke all of her frienships (including me), the moment she became a moderator. What power does to people :o

And please don't bring that macro menace out of that forsaken thread:p

I broke my friendships with every single person on my friend's list at least a month ago. I only recently added people for one of two reasons: because I talk to them on AIM or MSN or for ease of communication. Of course, there are those that added me.

I had a massive wall of text reply to a lot of the recent posts but I've decided to keep it short:

Now that I am a moderator, I won't be as laid back anymore. The shift in position from senior member to moderator hasn't really changed me other than to bring out the more serious side of me which I've kept hidden because I knew people wouldn't like me if I was serious all the time. Also, insulting/flaming is not a nice thing to do even if it is normal. If you felt like I do whenever I want to discuss something, you wouldn't take it so lightly. I mainly lurk because I think I will either get flamed for my lack of knowledge or because of my opinion if I try to discuss anything. If I sound mean by telling you to get back on topic, I want you to know that I don't mean to be. To me, it's a friendly reminder.

If you want to continue discuss this Archerofauir, feel free to PM me otherwise we should drop the subject lest it get out of hand.

ArcherofAiur
11-17-2009, 04:15 PM
I broke my friendships with every single person on my friend's list at least a month ago. I only recently added people for one of two reasons: because I talk to them on AIM or MSN or for ease of communication. Of course, there are those that added me.

I had a massive wall of text reply to a lot of the recent posts but I've decided to keep it short:

Now that I am a moderator, I won't be as laid back anymore. The shift in position from senior member to moderator hasn't really changed me other than to bring out the more serious side of me which I've kept hidden because I knew people wouldn't like me if I was serious all the time. Also, insulting/flaming is not a nice thing to do even if it is normal. If you felt like I do whenever I want to discuss something, you wouldn't take it so lightly. I mainly lurk because I think I will either get flamed for my lack of knowledge or because of my opinion if I try to discuss anything. If I sound mean by telling you to get back on topic, I want you to know that I don't mean to be. To me, it's a friendly reminder.

If you want to continue discuss this Archerofauir, feel free to PM me otherwise we should drop the subject lest it get out of hand.

No I think were ok. I dont think that I (or any of the other posters) dont like you. We are really glad you were both promoted to be moderators. We just want you to remember that learning to be a nice moderator is allot harder (and better) than just being a moderator.

That being said Im still taking requests for anatomy things. Sandwich, you had mentioned icons. Did you have any specfic body parts or specfic icons?

The_Blade
11-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Eye parts (overmind icon), parts of the skull (SC2 cinematic teaser)

ArcherofAiur
11-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Eye parts (overmind icon), parts of the skull (SC2 cinematic teaser)

We dont do sensory till spring but thats a great idea. I want to name the muscle groups holding the overmind eye up :D

sandwich_bird
11-18-2009, 12:11 PM
That being said Im still taking requests for anatomy things. Sandwich, you had mentioned icons. Did you have any specfic body parts or specfic icons? The brains! I can't find the picture on google but you know which screen I mean right?

ArcherofAiur
11-18-2009, 12:22 PM
The brains! I can't find the picture on google but you know which screen I mean right?

Im guessing you mean the caimpaign screen. If anyone can find a high res screen shot I will do them. Google is failing me too.