PDA

View Full Version : Necro threads

SinsWage
06-01-2011, 08:42 PM
I've mostly been lurking the board lately but I'd like to suggest that you implement an inactivity auto lock on threads. It's clear that Necro is frowned upon on the site but it happens often especially with new members. Could you guys set it up so that threads auto lock after 30 days or reaching page 10 or what not?

Gifted
06-02-2011, 09:36 AM
It's a useful idea... if they don't see this thread in passing, I'll talk to the admin to bring up awareness.

rise
06-09-2011, 01:44 PM
It will require additional configuration of the VB install to get it to work. It is possible, though.

rise
07-11-2011, 07:38 PM
The feature is (relatively) new via plug-ins, if my browsing is correct. There are a few that don't change the database, too, which is important for this site. I'll see what I can do. It's a sensible feature; however, the forum is low traffic, so it occurs infrequently. I'll continue looking into it.

Zero
07-13-2011, 02:39 PM
I've always been an advocate of there being an automatic closure of thread 2 weeks/3 weeks/1 month after the last post. I'd prefer 1 month. Sometimes the long-lasting threads do have a little inactivity, and it'd be easier to predict exactly when it will get closed.

It really bothers me when I get a spambot or a major newb resurrect a thread that had been inactive for over a year. You can't expect the mods to close every thread manually.