PDA

View Full Version : Musik?

DemolitionSquid
05-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I was thinking that perhaps the main site could use an ambient tone (volume control and mute a requirement). I think a quite, dark interlude (Zergish) could really spice up the main page.

All the cool kids are doing it. You want to be cool, don't you? :cool:

RainbowToeSocks
05-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Well if the forum included a music bar with music that fits each race that'd be cool

maybe the gameplay music for each race

LordofAscension
05-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Can you believe we actually considered this? It's on our list of things to eventually do but we have quite a bit on our list ;)

~LoA

DemolitionSquid
05-12-2009, 05:28 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/44/146844021_50a03962ee.jpg?v=0

Blazur
05-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Forums don't need music, dammit. What a great way to annoy people.

Edfishy
05-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Like, you can turn it off.

Psh.

We just need to find a way to make it remember your settings between sessions... Otherwise it'd get annoying.

Blazur
05-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Like, you can turn it off.

Psh.

We just need to find a way to make it remember your settings between sessions... Otherwise it'd get annoying.

Do you have any idea how tacky and obnoxious that would be? Especially for people who happen to peruse your site at work (spare me any lectures) and expectantly get music playing.

Music on a website always drove me nuts. If it's too short it'll get annoying quickly. If it's too long it'll interfere with page load. I can see value for a movie website which is all Flash, but this makes absolutely no sense to put it on a forum.

Trust me...they'd get more ridicule than praise if you embedded audio into a forum.

LordofAscension
05-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Do you have any idea how tacky and obnoxious that would be? Especially for people who happen to peruse your site at work (spare me any lectures) and expectantly get music playing.

Music on a website always drove me nuts. If it's too short it'll get annoying quickly. If it's too long it'll interfere with page load. I can see value for a movie website which is all Flash, but this makes absolutely no sense to put it on a forum.

Trust me...they'd get more ridicule than praise if you embedded audio into a forum.

Even if the default position was off?

~LoA

DemolitionSquid
05-12-2009, 12:36 PM

Wow, way to assume. I NEVER suggested music on the forum. Only the main site. A quiet, dark piece. Just to give it some atmosphere. Like on the Mass Effect main site:

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Blazur
05-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Wow, way to assume. I NEVER suggested music on the forum. Only the main site. A quiet, dark piece. Just to give it some atmosphere. Like on the Mass Effect main site:

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

I assumed nothing.

I was thinking that perhaps the forums could use an ambient tone

DemolitionSquid
05-12-2009, 12:43 PM
I assumed nothing.

Ha.

Looks like you caught me. My bad :o I'll edit my OP.

sandwich_bird
05-12-2009, 12:45 PM
I would approve such a feature. It should be an electronic ambient music though, something along the lines of what dsquid proposed would be good. Maybe you could also make a jukebox that got all the starcraft themes in it. That would be awesome as well imo.

DemolitionSquid
05-12-2009, 12:47 PM
I would approve such a feature. It should be an electronic ambient music though, something along the lines of what dsquid proposed would be good. Maybe you could also make a jukebox that got all the starcraft themes in it. That would be awesome as well imo.

Ooooo, I like the Jukebox idea very much.

Eligor
05-21-2009, 10:07 PM
I second the idea of music being "Off" by default, otherwise it can be very annoying. But a jukebox would be cool.

Gradius
05-22-2009, 09:45 AM
We can play the epic music from the cinematic trailer. Browsing SC:L will be an entire cinematic experience. :3

Dauntless
05-24-2009, 09:12 AM
A jukebox for official music on the main site only would be cool. But only if it starts loading after you click it. If not it will just use unecessarcy bandwith aswell as annoy people.

Something like this:
http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?area=products&product=jukebox&tab=demos

Zabimaru
05-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Would this jukebox include any Metallica or Iron Maiden perchance? I recall they were featured in the games cinematics.

<_< ...... >_>

But yeah, I wouldn’t mind the music if it was defaulted to being off, and loading afterwards.

EvilGenius
06-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I've always found music annoying on websites - especially when i can't tell which window or tab it's coming from (darn pop-ups)

At least if we had music here, I'd recognize it and be able to turn it on/off

however... if it's music everyone likes/recognizes, it might be bearable

ChaosSmurf
06-08-2009, 10:11 AM
On the beta site we had ... crap what was it. Something like I Will Always Have You playing. It was pretty awesome.

Oh I remember, it was I Will Survive. I kinda wish we'd kept it for 24 hours.

AJ
06-08-2009, 12:07 PM
never in a million years - at least not by me.

DemolitionSquid
06-08-2009, 12:17 PM
never in a million years - at least not by me.

Whats wrong, Colonel Sanders? Chicken?

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. :p