Just today, Dustin Browder posted on the Battle.net some ladder statistics, thoughts on balance, and also some planned changes in the next StarCraft II balance patch.
Here are a few of the changes we currently have planned:
• We're increasing roach range. This will allow roaches to be more effective in large groups, giving the zerg more options in the mid to end game.
• Fungal Growth will now prevent Blink, which will give zerg a way to stop endlessly Blinking stalkers which can be very challenging to deal with in large numbers.
• The Barracks are going to require a Supply Depot, which will impact a lot of early terran reaper pushes.
• The reaper speed upgrade will require the Factory, which is meant to weaken a lot of the early terran reaper attacks that dominate so many matches, especially in team games.
• We're making a number of increases to the health of zerg buildings, which will make the very vulnerable zerg technology structures more resistant to raids. We don't expect these hit point changes to have a super significant impact on the game, but the current numbers felt way too low.
It seems that most of the changes are focused on buffing Zerg, with some important nerfs to Terran. But there is still no word on changing the Marauder, which is receiving nonstop criticism from the community.
Battle.net - Developer's Corner: 1v1 Game Balance