The StarCraft II Beta has so far provided two great features for beta testers. First it released the basics of Battle.net 2.0, allowing us to enjoy the matchmaking, basic communication and preview features that have yet to be released. It also provided a stable multiplayer platform showcasing a pretty balanced game in beta form and it's matchmaking features. Today's patch is different than previous patches which can be named "Balance patches". Today we see new content in StarCraft II's first beta content patch.
There is a list of things that have been added to today's patch. Directly from the feedback of players in the beta, the interface of battle.net 2.0 has been improved to help users utilize it's features. Additionally, the long-awaited Galaxy Editor will surely pull people in like Zerg to a Psi Emitter. It will be exciting to see what's in store for the Custom Map section.
There has been some tweaks to units to progress the balance of the game as well. The Zerg have a few changes, most notably the buff to the Infestor that should make it more useful. The Marauder has been slightly de-nerfed, reducing the costs for the Concussion Shells research. Also, Immortals has had their build time increased.
Source:Battle.net - StarCraft II Beta Patch Notes
StarCraft II Beta – Patch 9 (0.11.0.15097)
The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.
- The StarCraft II Editor is now available!
- Players will now be able to begin creating trigger maps in
preparation for map publishing which will be made available in an
upcoming beta patch.
- Achievements & Decals are now live!
- Players will now be able to earn achievements, browse the list of
available achievements, and view achievements earned by friends.
- Players will be able to highlight favorite achievements in
- Earning certain achievements will unlock portrait and decal
- The updated Homepage now includes a Recent Broadcasts panel and a
News & Community panel.
- A new Match History page is now available which will allow
players to browse and filter their last 1,000 games played.
- A new Community page is now available which features an in-game
version of RSS news feeds.
- A new Friends-of-Friends feature has been added, which allows
players to easily find and connect with more real life friends on
Battle.net through existing friends.
- Additional friends’ presence details are now available from the
- Improvements have been made on the Voice Chat system in game.
- Please use the new voice chat and provide feedback via the
StarCraft II beta forums.
- The score screen now features a new graph tab.
- The art for many parts of the user interface has been updated.
- Hotkey templates have been added.
- In the gameplay options menu select from standard name based
hotkeys for right and left-handed players, grid based hotkeys for
right, and left-handed players, and classic StarCraft keys.
- Several hotkeys have been changed to avoid conflicts with the
"Select All Warpgates" UI button:
- The Set Worker Rally Point has been changed from W to R.
- Build Sensor Tower has been changed from W to N.
- Terran Infantry Weapons have been changed from W to E.
- Terran Vehicle Weapons have been changed from W to E.
- Weapon Refit has been changed from W to R.
- Burrow has been changed from W to R.
- Spawn Larva has been changed from R to V.
- Neural Parasite has been changed from R to E.
- Concussive Shells research cost decreased from 100/100 80 seconds
to 50/50 60 seconds.
- Build time increased from 40 to 55.
- Infested Terran
- Damage increased from 5 to 8.
- Speed decreased from 1.5 to 0.9375.
- Speed off creep decreased from 1.5 to 0.938. (Speed on creep
- Spine Crawler
- Attack period decreased from 1.6 to 1.85.
- Neural Parasite range increased from 7 to 9.
- Fungal Growth projectile removed; Units in the target area are
now instantly hit.
- We've made a change to the (2)ScrapStation map to make the natural
expansion easier to defend.
- New maps have been added to the ladder rotation while others have
been removed as follows:
- Added (2)IncinerationZone
- Removed (4)LostTemple
- Removed (4)Metalopolis
- Added (4)AridWastes
- Added (4)Coalition
- Added (4)Decena
- Added (4)ScorchedHaven
- Removed (4)NoviceKulasRavine
- Removed (4)NoviceKulasRavine
- Removed (4)NoviceShakurasPlateau
- Added (4)NoviceDecena
- Added (4)NoviceScorchedHaven
- Added (4)NoviceTwilightFortress