Blizzard has released the patchnotes for their update #4 on the Heart of the Swarm Beta. You can read David Kim's comments on these changes here and join our discussion on the topic in our forums.
We will be bringing the beta service down this afternoon to make the following balance changes:
Purify has been changed to the following:
- Purify can now only be cast on your Nexus at max 10 range.
- Once cast, the mothership core will attach itself to the Nexus, transforming into a weapon with range 10.
- While attached to the Nexus, the mothership core will be unable to cast abilities and regenerate energy.
- The damage of Purify has been lowered to 20 and can attack both air and ground units.
- Purify will last until cancelled.
Recall has been changed to the following:
- Recall is now a simple cast-and-click ability on a player’s Nexus.
- Once cast, the mothership core and every friendly unit within a 7-range radius to the core will be recalled to the Nexus.
A new ranged weapon called Repulsor Cannon has been added to the mothership core while in its mobile state.
- Repulsor Cannon deals 8 damage to ground units with an attack speed of 0.85.
The cost of the mothership core has increased from 50/50 to 100/100.
Movement speed has increased from 0.47 to 1.875.
- Health has increased from 20/80 to 60/100.
- Speed has decreased from 3.75 to 3.375.
- The duration of Entomb has increased from 30 to 45.
- The duration of Activate Mine has been decreased to 2 sec.
- Auto-cast can now be turned off in both activated and deactivated modes.
- Locust attack range has increased from 2 to 3.
- Locust damage has been reduced from 14 to 12.
- Battle hellions can no longer load into Bunkers.
- The splash damage from widow mines will no longer hit friendly activated widow mines.
- The Stargate Command Card now properly includes a Set Rally Point button.
- Swarm hosts now have proper collision while burrowed.
Beta Update #4
Thoughts on Balance Update #4