Today, the Beta servers will be closed for maintenance as of 4:30 PM PST. The first patch for the StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm Beta will be released during the downtime. The most notable changes, upcoming with the following patch, are that the Warhound and the Swarm Host have been nerfed. These two units have dominated the Heart of the Swarm Beta for these first three days of open beta.
We will be bringing down the beta server today at 4:30 PM PDT in order to perform a few balance changes. We do not expect a lengthy downtime and will report to this thread when the service is live after the maintenance. Below are the changes being implemented:
- Warhound Weapon attack delay has increased from 1.3 to 1.7.
- Swarm host locust attack damage has decreased from 16 to 14.
- Viper Consume can no longer be used on creep tumors.
- Oracle Preordain duration has decreased from 2 min to 1 min.
- Viper Blinding Cloud now hits everything, but the radius of effect has reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
- Widow mines will no longer damage each other with their splash damage.
- The bug affecting the Overlord speed upgrade has been fixed. Upgraded Overlords will now travel at the expected speed of 1.88.
- Revelation has changed from E to R.
- Entomb has changed from R to E.
- Energize has changed from N to E.
- Purify has changed from E to F.
- Spawn locust has changed from W to C.
- Research Gravity Sling has changed from T to G.
- Research Bosonic Core has changed from G to A.
- Evolve Muscular Augments has changed from C to A.
Battle.net - Balance Update #1