Thread: tosh's shadow?

Default tosh's shadow?

after i got slightly bored of playing multiplayer, i started the single player campaign again on brutal, but i noticed that tosh, who is permanently cloaked has a shadow

here's a picture

not sure if nova has a shadow but i thought cloaked units arent meant to have a shadow...

Default Re: tosh's shadow?

depends on how the cloaking work - if it works like modern-day "cloaking," where the suit is literally a screen that displays what's on the other side, then yeah, there would be a shadow. if the cloak works by bending light around the object being cloaked, then there shouldn't be a shadow.

in any case, that's probably just because of how the engine works or something.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

The observer used to have a shadow too but I think Blizzard removed it because enemy players could see the shadow.

Well, let's see here. The instructions said not to stand in direct sunlight while wearing the one ring so... oops, wait a minute, wrong universe!

Lol. Anyway, interesting find. Maybe because Blizz knew he wouldn't be in multiplayer, they didn't care to remove the shadow.
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

Maybe it's a graphic level issue. I have medium graphics and saw a shadow. Maybe super-high graphics doesn't have it.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

If I recall correctly, all the cloaked stuff leaves a shadow, even on Ultra settings. Your opponents don't see the shadows that your cloaked units leave, though. :]
    The only place for a hamshank is on the dinner plate!

There's a reason why Edward Longshanks was an evil git in 'Braveheart'! Down with the shanks! All of them!