Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool idea for totally rad graphic additions that serve a purpose!

Default Cool idea for totally rad graphic additions that serve a purpose!

Okay, this idea is like, so awesome.

Like, yeah. OK I'm not actually from California.

Anyway, I had a pretty cool idea for visual cues on the energy level of casters.

The main casters are obviously most important in implementing this, but others can follow. It basically goes like this: every caster has a certain visual prop that increases/enlarges/starts glowing or some shit as energy levels on that unit increase.

So for instance, you have the infestor, which has currently has a sack of... something hanging down from its hindquarters. Imagine this sack swelling when his energy levels increase, and diminishing when it uses energy.

A high templar could have some sort of aura which glows brighter. A ghost can have little currents of psionic energy running down his suit in little lines. You get the idea. It could be either integrated with the colour scheme of the player colours, or have its own set colour (so blue lines running down a ghost, as a neutral and psionicky looking colour, or orange if the player is orange).

Not only does it look cool, it also will help a lot for casters. Husky, for instance, doesn't like to display health and energy bars. With this visual cue, you can see at a glance what the energy level of a caster is if you're watchin an exciting game.

Of course it also helps players determine better which caster to feedback or EMP.

Cool, no?

Default Re: Cool idea for totally rad graphic additions that serve a purpose!

Cool idea! i dont really have anything to add though.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

MajinX's Avatar Junior Member

HMMMM sure its cool but I think maybe it should only be for replays?????? Coz now u cant fake certian attacks, u cant scare away a group of marines about to push at ur door with ur depleted HTs, IMO it makes the gameplay more straight forward.

I mean you cant tell if a dropship is full or not, same with overlords, and because of this there is a certian tactic involved, Ive seen ppl fake drops and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinX View Post
    HMMMM sure its cool but I think maybe it should only be for replays?????? Coz now u cant fake certian attacks, u cant scare away a group of marines about to push at ur door with ur depleted HTs, IMO it makes the gameplay more straight forward.

I mean you cant tell if a dropship is full or not, same with overlords, and because of this there is a certian tactic involved, Ive seen ppl fake drops and stuff.
    Good point! Or maybe don't show it for opponents.

If you do this for one unit you would have to do it for all of them otherwise it might create a balance a issue. I sincerely think not all units can have some sort of "visual effect" for this.
    Hey guys I want you all to know that my team is playing/did great this weekend so I am going to go ahead and make it my status because I know you all care and want to know my opinion on it.
    -sports fan/douchebag

Visit my blog!
    http://alejandrolc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Woland View Post
    If you do this for one unit you would have to do it for all of them otherwise it might create a balance a issue. I sincerely think not all units can have some sort of "visual effect" for this.
    With enough creativing, everything is possible mate

If anything, it will just be a Terran buff. Ghosts/Ravens pose less of a threat than say high templars/infestors. Too much imbalance due to certain casters posing more threat than others.

Sometimes players depend on unit presence as a bluff to scare people. If I know those high templars can't storm, I'll just charge in with my bioball.
    Would you care/gain an advantage as much if my Ravens had full energy or not? Definitely not as much if you could see empty infestors+banelings squad.... so on

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

horror's Avatar Junior Member

So just have it as a visual only for the player, not the opponent.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

So just have it as a visual only for the player, not the opponent.
    That would be pretty helpful for quickly identifying which HTs of your are depleted and which ones aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkalis View Post
    With enough creativing, everything is possible mate
    GL with this then.
    Hey guys I want you all to know that my team is playing/did great this weekend so I am going to go ahead and make it my status because I know you all care and want to know my opinion on it.
    -sports fan/douchebag

Visit my blog!
    http://alejandrolc.com/