Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Starcraft 2 Wishlist for Christmas

Default Re: Starcraft 2 Wishlist for Christmas

Now I know, the extermination of the current divisions. Sometimes I got one or two people asking me about my rank when I say that I am pretty good at starcraft 2. Then I have to say how complicated the divisions are and those division ranks means nothing in how far you have come.

Duckyyy's Avatar Junior Member

All i want are more open maps, maps in which you can use Zerg Swarming tactics without seeing the majority of your troops enter a funnel of death

Quote Originally Posted by Todie View Post
    thats an incredibly gas-heavy unit composition you're listing. a tight late-game where a P has this is nothing short of exotic; if a game gets there, there'll probably be a pre-existing bias from earlier stages of the game, one way or another.

to match your theorycraft though: Vikings out-range VR's and are able to kite them infinitely; phoenix+colossi is a more common sight, and makes for more of a tight battle. either way, stalkers need to enter the range of covering ground units and from there is just full frontal mayhem.
    Protoss is high gas all around. I never play P without trying for at least 3 bases. Even then, high numbers in the stalker/void/collosi build is tough. I usually wind up with a 3:1:1 or 2:2:1 ratio, max about 75-80 supply (plus say 50 probes and 2-4 obs), with some mineral dumping into Zealots circumstances deciding, building from a total 6 gate, 4 star, 1-2 robo build (4-2-1 to start). An opponent that harasses well more or less negates this build and forces the loss of the colossi at least, in my experience. Higher level theories and experiences my dictate otherwise.

if they are in better position and / or have a higher army worth, then yes. but the tables might as well be completely turned.

infact, i lately feel that i have an advantage as zerg if i get to broodlords in an organized fashion; if im able to attack a position with enough BL and cover them with fungal + some random ground units that will be much tougher to brake for the P than anything at any earlier point in the game. even with respect to cost.. as mentioned though, these situations are rare, and when they arise, games are most frequently already leaning very strongly one way or another.
    Well timed and well placed Broodlords can be fun. I don't go that way often, favoring a roach/hydra/muta build, but in the about a half dozen times I did, the only times I lost was to mass Thor/Marine/Medi. My mutas disappeared before the Broodlords launched their 3rd volley. haven't had Broods in a ZvP, so I'll have to try it.

In a semi-related note, I have recently started learning the hotkeys to play with control groups that I might micro a little better than with mouse alone. This may, I hope give me a better understanding of certain units and abilities. Ex. fungal growth and psi storm are tough to target right with the mouse alone, because you can't move the rest of your army to support/pincer as effectively as is needed to prevent an escape.

additional wish; something to spice up the ladder for the common man. something subtle would go far, like, reminding players if they've played someone before and if so, what the previous record between the players are.

... i find myself recognizing names among those i play against sometimes, but it never goes beyond that, and i cant really expect them to remember me either, so.. yeah. that could be fun.
    Good ideas all around. My only question would be to have a greater ability to detect if a name has been used already. My 2v2 partner has played 2 different players named Bishop. I confirmed this when I saw the second one, whom we met in a 2v2, only had about 12 games played. I leave open the possibility that this might have been a returning "banhammeree," but this person played and acted the total noob. We beat the 2 of them in almost our personal best/shortest time, non-early rush. The recent 1-time allowance to make a name change may also have played into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    I'd kill for a random map generator in this game.
    That would be nice. I like using the one in Empire Earth 2, for example, and either just playing on that map, or tweaking areas of it to my design. It does make it easier to work on the background graphics/visual appeal of the map.
    Last edited by flak4321; 12-15-2010 at 03:58 PM.
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

DutyFree's Avatar Junior Member

Get rid of upgrades that players have to get. Colossus range and HT storm are basically required research (not a big T/Z player, but I'm sure that there are things there). It is redundant and only serves to make getting units slower and more expensive; I say either make the upgrades fast/cheap or make their buildings longer/more expensive and take the upgrades away.

Also, I'd like a small buff to P templar tech. What with every 'toss going robo, the other two paths need help (air is getting some seemingly very nice buffs in the PTR). Fix the redundancy in having "additional" research that every player must get (storm) and make charge/blink cheaper.

Oh, and nerf the marauder (of course).

Quote Originally Posted by spychi View Post
    new singleplayer /troll
    This got a hearty laugh from me.
    I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

offtopic re-reply to flak:
    Hidden Content:
    Quote Originally Posted by flak4321 View Post
    Protoss is high gas all around. I never play P without trying for at least 3 bases. Even then, high numbers in the stalker/void/collosi build is tough.[...]An opponent that harasses well more or less negates this build and forces the loss of the colossi at least, in my experience. Higher level theories and experiences my dictate otherwise.
    This is a problematic attitude to have; its like your assuming or hoping to get away with taking 2:nd and 3:rd bases more or less blindly without much intent of adapting to how your opponent plays. advice: try for unit compositions that cater to the resources you have available instead of the other way around (just learn to like stalker+zealot(+immortal) centric armies, for starters) ... if you like gas heavy play you can contemplate taking geysers quicker than you otherwise would in your main and first expo (for 3:rd and later expos its generally advised to take both gases ASAP)

Well timed and well placed Broodlords can be fun. I don't go that way often, favoring a roach/hydra/muta build, but in the about a half dozen times I did, the only times I lost was to mass Thor/Marine/Medi. My mutas disappeared before the Broodlords launched their 3rd volley.
    i Mutas tend to dissapear, i cant even imagine how fast & easy they'd dissapear if i didnt keep them on a hotkey and constantly worry for them. Broodlords are good vs marines and thors, but marines are often in big enough numbers and have enough fire-power, to take them down really fast when BL is out of position, so use with extreme caution or massive backup.

In a semi-related note, I have recently started learning the hotkeys to play with control groups that I might micro a little better than with mouse alone.
    gl with that. using htokeys is an integral step to improving. i keep infestors at 4; F click to fungal, T for infested terran (often T+hold shift -> bunch of clicks to launch many IT's at once)

on topic: a random map generator for teh lulz would be pretty cool.

i must also agree with Twilice: divisions are downright silly in their current state the need to get buffed or removed completely; buffed as in changed to include some non-artificial interaction within them.(monthly tournament with minor handicaps to offset MRR differances? LOL!) currently, the notion of caring about the division is utterly ridiculous as compared to caring about the progress of those with similar MRR or rating+bonus witch there are no streamlined ways of looking at

.. that ties in with my previous wish; everyone that plays fairly consistently will have a few people they run in to on the ladder every now and then due to similar skill and/or rate of progress. it would be cool with a system to keep track of these and notify the players before and/or after the game.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

I really don't think Zerg units are any less cheap or less cost-effective than their Protoss and Terran counterparts - it's just a matter of Zerg generally being a race of shock troops without a lot of vitality. Like others have said, just the ability for Zerg to get into an arc around an enemy army or not has a big effect on the battle's outcome.

As for my personal SC2 wishes, I just really want some Heart of the Swarm news . If the game's following Blizzard's predicted 1.5 year development time, then surely they must release information before the next Blizzcon. The question is when? Would they release such information and media gradually through their own website or do it at some other event?

Aargh! D:

Also, I'm probably one of the few people who didn't check out that spoiler video >_>. I love plunging into news and dissecting known bits of information, but I only want to do so to 'official' preview media .
    The only place for a hamshank is on the dinner plate!

There's a reason why Edward Longshanks was an evil git in 'Braveheart'! Down with the shanks! All of them!

dustinbrowder's Avatar Banned

I've written so much of this stuff in various things that I wouldn't want to repeat myself 100 times.
    And there is a lot of work Blizzard need to do.