Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2 Wishlist for Christmas

Default Re: Starcraft 2 Wishlist for Christmas

Uhhh...wankey just watch even blizzard's race overviews...
    Terran...the versatile race good at defending...
    Protoss....the hard hitting race with strong units but at higher cost...
    Zerg...the race with weaker units that just swarm opponents.....

If you want units with more bang then switch to Protoss or Terran. And you're saying a large roach hydra army with some corruptors can't handle colossus stalker ball....cos stalkers are all focusing on your corruptors and only colossi are focusing on your roaches and hydras...... it seems like you're just complaining that zerg units feel "weak". Which is basically what that race is all about.

If you want toss to micro more then get mutalisks and broodlords. Needs stalker blink. Even get mass mutaling vs a colossus ball. Won't be an easy A-move for toss then.

Plus you keep talking about roach hydra. In the same Day9 daily i mentioned Day9 puts it simply...roach hydra is a mid game army and not so good maxed out. Colossus stalker is a late game army and works very well against a mid game army like roach hydra. You seem to keep insisting that you can just break a colossus stalker sentry army without getting any higher tier tech....

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Stop posting on forums for games that you apparently hate and I'll give you a refund myself.
    Thank you. I'll go splitsies with you on this offer.
    I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerIV View Post
    Cos colossus are so hard to snipe for non-Protoss players.:P

High level of sarcasm incoming:
    /sarcasm on/ With that 9 range colossi are just so far back. It's so hard for terrans to stim marauders and move them in. It's impossible for terran to make vikings fast enough to counter how quickly colossi come out. Then there's the zerg. Corruptors may have decent range, a bonus to massive AND a debuff to make units take more damage but they have no place in a PvZ where most protoss go air or colossus. And burrow moved roaches to go under forcefields die SO SO quickly to colossi. Especially with their increased health regen while burrowed. It's even impossible to snipe off wandering lone colossus with mutalisks. Plus Terrans only have a tank with 13 range. And zerg has broodlords with 9.5 range. 9 range on a unit. That's WAY too high. Better nerf colossus range then sniping colossus will be much easier. It's impossible to do it now. /sarcasm off/

Seriously flak.....you always put in like one random weird balance suggestion that makes me go..."Wtf do you just hate that race that much?" Seriously the only race that has a problem dealing with colossus range is Protoss. I've been trying unsuccessfully to find a way to win in PvP without using any colossus. Not working out so well.:P

The PF change seems a bit strange to me. Like a bit too much of a nerf. With the PTR change it should make it easier to kill off PFs with repairing SCVs. Plus it's not like a lot of people are getting the armor and range upgrade and offensive planetary fortress rushing. I do agree though that it seems a bit too easy to get a planetary fortress that basically prevents any small ground harass and with repairing SCVs needs a large ground/air army to kill it off. Maybe just a increase in cost to 200/200 and time making it increased to 60.

Oh and one balance change I would like for Christmas is Massive tag for Archons. Makes no sense that a unit of powerful psionic energy that has a short range anyways can be blocked by forcefields and slowed by conc. shells.
    Lolz. I do throw out a wild one here and there. Perhaps I overthought it a little. I may also have let a little team game bias in there on this one. There are plenty of counters to colossi in general, but a well supported group of colossi is very tough. Vikings? Need at least tank support to face colossi/voids. Throw in some blinkers and you have toss's bio ball answer to boot.

Zerg can use mutas/corruptors/broods, some ultras and even a few infestors for NP, but the same void/blinker/colossi "protoball" can beat any such combo.

The PF thing was to keep Colossi as my favorite PF sniper. I retract both requests.

@Wankey: I can agree only with the Ultra pathing and line of sight balancing. The rest is so out there that my left field suggestions seem to be coming from a much closer location.
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

Eroldren's Avatar Junior Member

Simple, Blizzard cranking out free downloadable custom campaigns pack with post-Brood War/other 2nd Great War stories back in the day or couple "Founding of Durotar" sagas to entertain the fanboys till HotS.
    * Emperor Mengsk's reign with the introduction of Prince Valerian to the public eye and his Moebius Foundation etc.
    * Gen. Horace late career and zerg invasions.
    * Enigmatic life of our Dominion ghost Nova.
    * Bring life of the Raiders' time on Deadman's Rock (ig. Matt's card game, wanted Egon Stegmann by hoodlum bosses, Graven Hill and his mercenary contacts)
    * Umojan, Phash, Liberty's anti-Dominion operation.
    Or some type of unique maps with brief lore details like from those old Map of the Month.

Thanks to dynamiK

Quote Originally Posted by Eroldren View Post
    Simple, Blizzard cranking out free downloadable custom campaigns pack with post-Brood War/other 2nd Great War stories back in the day or couple "Founding of Durotar" sagas to entertain the fanboys till HotS.
    * Emperor Mengsk's reign with the introduction of Prince Valerian to the public eye and his Moebius Foundation etc.
    * Gen. Horace late career and zerg invasions.
    * Enigmatic life of our Dominion ghost Nova.
    * Bring life of the Raiders' time on Deadman's Rock (ig. Matt's card game, wanted Egon Stegmann by hoodlum bosses, Graven Hill and his mercenary contacts)
    * Umojan, Phash, Liberty's anti-Dominion operation.
    Or some type of unique maps with brief lore details like from those old Map of the Month.
    That is actually an excellent idea.

Subscribed.

Xarthat's Avatar Junior Member

My wish for SC2 for Christmas? To be able to GET it before Christmas. The idiots at the only available gamestore didn't feel like someone would want it. I mean, WHAT?

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

new singleplayer /troll

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

I'd kill for a random map generator in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
    LAWL Infestors. You're telling me Zerg has ONE unit, the weakest, armored, fat as a fiddle unit to snipe? And brood lords??? You know how slow they are?
    Yeah, try and play micro tournament. Fungal growth the zealots and then kill colossus with your roaches/hydras.

Quote Originally Posted by flak4321 View Post
    [...]There are plenty of counters to colossi in general, but a well supported group of colossi is very tough. Vikings? Need at least tank support to face colossi/voids. Throw in some blinkers and you have toss's bio ball answer to boot.
    thats an incredibly gas-heavy unit composition you're listing. a tight late-game where a P has this is nothing short of exotic; if a game gets there, there'll probably be a pre-existing bias from earlier stages of the game, one way or another.

to match your theorycraft though: Vikings out-range VR's and are able to kite them infinitely; phoenix+colossi is a more common sight, and makes for more of a tight battle. either way, stalkers need to enter the range of covering ground units and from there is just full frontal mayhem.

Zerg can use mutas/corruptors/broods, some ultras and even a few infestors for NP, but the same void/blinker/colossi "protoball" can beat any such combo.
    if they are in better position and / or have a higher army worth, then yes. but the tables might as well be completely turned.

infact, i lately feel that i have an advantage as zerg if i get to broodlords in an organized fashion; if im able to attack a position with enough BL and cover them with fungal + some random ground units that will be much tougher to brake for the P than anything at any earlier point in the game. even with respect to cost.. as mentioned though, these situations are rare, and when they arise, games are most frequently already leaning very strongly one way or another.

i wish i had some imagination. i srsly dont know what to wish for. cross regional play? a tweaked corruption ability?

edit: additional wish; something to spice up the ladder for the common man. something subtle would go far, like, reminding players if they've played someone before and if so, what the previous record between the players are.

... i find myself recognizing names among those i play against sometimes, but it never goes beyond that, and i cant really expect them to remember me either, so.. yeah. that could be fun.
    Last edited by Todie; 12-15-2010 at 12:19 PM.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.