Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

Xeonio's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

Honestly I'm just so excited to play the game I can't say I'm disappointed in any unit. The Thor and Mothership have issues a bit. I think someone pointed out that they are so high up on the tree that to balance them out is extremely problematic (because they should be quite powerful).

I haven't seen the new Brood Lord (is that what the Muta's morph into now)?

Favs-
    Terran: Not completely sure this is the right name but I think Hellion? Its the one that looks kind of mech'ish and shoots missles (not the one that transforms into the air unit). I also really like the Banshees.

Zerg: Roachs. I don't know why but they just seem so awesome and their design is sooooo simple!

Protoss: Stalkers are super kewl but I think my vote goes to the Colossus. They look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonio View Post
    I haven't seen the new Brood Lord (is that what the Muta's morph into now)?

Favs-
    Terran: Not completely sure this is the right name but I think Hellion? Its the one that looks kind of mech'ish and shoots missles (not the one that transforms into the air unit).
    Hellion is Vulture with flamethrower the one you are talking about is Marauder, and yeah Brood Lord is mutation for Mutalisk

Protoss
    -------

Blink... i say... Stalker
    Mothership: it's support spells and attack are kinda weak for it's cost and tech position. Make this a worthy unit. I'm ok with support-only spells, but give the damn unit spells that really make a difference, and give it a powerfull attack. It's the damn Mothership, for God's sake!!!

Terran
    ------
    Banshee. This unit will be the pain in the ass of any enemy.
    Thor. Giving a unit 1km anti-air range just to compensate for it's uselessness was already done with the Goliath. Was it a fun unit? I don't think so.

Zerg
    ----
    Roach. The model sucks big time, but the regeneration mechanic coupled with micro and Burrow will warrantee lots of fun.
    What's the status of the Nydus Worm? It was fun to use the tunnels. Is it still in, at least late game?

I don't know. There are so many returning Zerg units, and so many of them with nearly unknown status, that it's difficult to say what's the worse unit. From the Infestor, the only interesting abilities are Neural Parasite, and move while Burrowed. The Hydralisk is trying to fit somewhere, and not make Roaches useless in the process.

Sinister's Avatar Junior Member

Protoss
    Stalker and Immortal
    Mothership

Zerg
    Roach and Banelings
    Queen and Changeling

Terran
    Banshee
    Thor and Reapers

Oh yeah I forgot about Changeling. I don't like it.

Terran
    Favorite's gotta be the Raven, though I like 'Nomad' a lot more. The turret ability is all kinds of awesome. I'm gonna be dropping those things everywhere, all the time. Especially if they can hit air. Marines getting shields, revamped Ghosts, Banshees, Reapers, Medevacs... I'm sold on Terran. They will be my race.

There's really nothing I don't like, maybe the Viking. Depends on how quickly it can transform. If it takes excruciating seconds a la seige tank I will never use it.

Zerg
    Favorite? Whatever pumps out those infested marines. I've always loved getting 'something for nothing' even if it's mostly useless, like the BW Broodlings. (bring back ghost drop pods!)

I can't think of any specific Zerg unit I don't like but I rarely play as them anyways.

Protoss
    I dig them Stalkers and Colossi. Yeeeeeaaaah.

I'm in the anti-Carrier camp. It needs to go, or be changed radically (see 'it needs to go'). I never liked them all that much in BW either.

Terran

;D I'm pretty fond of the Banshee. I envision heavy usage of these in urban environments. The Nighthawk - I'm sorry, the Vulcan... I mean Nomad... er, the Raven -- is also pretty sexy. These two rank together on my list.

ಠ_ಠ I'm pretty annoyed with the Thor. I like it in concept, but I'm getting the point where I feel Blizzard should just take it out back and shoot it.

Zerg

;D The Queen and Infestor excite me; the former in practice, the latter in concept. I feel that, despite its current nerfed state, the Infestor has a lot of potential. (Speaking of which, have they yet released a picture of its new model?)

ಠ_ಠ The Lurker is my least anticipated Zerg unit, honestly. I've not yet seen its new model, but as far as I know it's unchanged from its previous iteration.

Protoss

;D If it's mechanical, it's in. I look forward to employing the Immortal, Stalker and Colossus of Rhodes equally against my enemies - possibly the Colossus the most. Conceptually, however, I have to give this one to the Stalker.

ಠ_ಠ Phoenix, I suppose.

Terran:

Viking and Banshee

Thos

Zerg:

Roach

Hydralisk (Why the change?)

Protoss:

Stalker

Mothership

But who knows they might add a secret unit to each race later on.
    "The question that has haunted my every being has been answered.
    The future is not set, the choices are my own.
    How ironic, i see that i have no choice at all.
    I am a warrior...let the battle be joined!"

I love how 99% of the people I talk to hate the Thor but Blizzard won't remove the fucking thing because they're so hellbent on Terran having a Mech at the expense of gameplay.

I'm including a "make them work damnit" for units who are lame but could be cool.

Terrans:
    The good: Viking, Banshee.
    The bad: Hellion. I'm sure a space civilization is able to come up with something better than a flamethrower on a jeep.
    The make them work damnit: Thor. This guy could be the greatest of all if they make him do what he's supposed to.

Zerg:
    The good: Banelings. Zerg don't have a lot of new cool weapons but here's one that shines.
    The bad: Corruptor. LAME! This is zerg, not the devil.
    The make them work damnit: Infestor and Nydus worm.

Protoss:
    The good: Colossus. While the Colossus' attack looked cooler when it was first revealed, a freely moving ground unit with positional attacks is great. Nice thing about the vulnerability to air attacks too.
    The bad: Phoenix. Don't see the point of these guys. Basically just "air to air because they need one".
    The make them work damnit: Mothership. Make it a mothership again. A unique capital ship with lots of spells and a big cannon fits the Protoss so darn well.