Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

Default Re: Favorite/Least favorite units for each race?

Protoss
    Most: Immortals - the idea of updated dragoons actually supported by lore is just amazing.
    Least: Mothership - they've messed with it too much and now it's the least exciting unit

Terran
    Most: Viking - the mobility and flexibility it provides makes it the strongest unit out there. Terrans need something this flexible. Or the Battlecruiser, for obvious reasons.
    Least: Not sure, either the Reaper or the Medivac DS

Zerg
    Most: Queen - so happy it's finally a useful unit!
    Least: Infestor, only because I haven't seen it in action yet and I'm not too sure it's going to add anything new.
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

Protoss
    +: Nullifier (or is it Disruptor now?)
    -: Carrier

Terran

+: Reaper
    -: Thor or Hellion

Zerg
    +: Baneling
    -: Roach

Rizhall's Avatar Junior Member

Protoss
    Most: Void Ray - awesome looking unit, with an awesome attack concept; simple, yet effective.
    Least: Phoenix - feels like a bad Corsair knock-off, with a tacked on ability that came made it's way here because the other units didn't want it. Carrier is a close second.

Terran
    Most: Viking - Versatile unit that I feel has a lot going for it. Air unit that can avoid anti-air? Yes please!
    Least: Thor - feels like another lost unit that they only want to keep in because of how much hype they built up for it.

Zerg
    Most: Baneling - Speed upgradable bags of acid? Can be used as ambush mines? This unit is just full of awesome.
    Least: Lurker, a little - It's just the same ol' unit it was before, and it doesn't even look cool anymore.

Protoss

Like: Stalker - 'Blink' micro is going to be epic; I cant wait to use it!

No Like: Carrier - It's just uninteresting - There was talk about being able to choose between Interceptor, 'types' - What happened to that?

Terran

Like: Reaper - D8's baby!

No Like: Can't say the Thor, cuz we really haven't seen it in action. I'll just say I'm concerned over the Thor's future....?

Zerg

Like: Going to be a toss-up between Baneling and Corruptor.

No Like: Infestor. Have yet to see the new design, but the 'Infested Marine' mechanic has to GO! - so ridiculous!
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Quote Originally Posted by Rizhall View Post
    Protoss
    Least: Lurker, a little - It's just the same ol' unit it was before, and it doesn't even look cool anymore.
    Hm wait i dont get it? Lurkers arent same...they are now siege units with 9 range and 15+15 vs Armored dmg, if you are talking about same units, look at Hydras, Mutas and Lings....That units are the same....

Terran
    Favorite: Banshees. At last, a good massable AtG option.
    Least Favorite: Very hard to say. Generally I like the units, but some have lame abilities. The Viking might be the loser here, since it's GtG attack seems so weak.

Protoss
    Favorite: Phase prism. Warp-in. That is all.
    Least Favorite: Phoenix. It lost it's awesome ability and picked up something that isn't as cool as Disruption Web. I think it's made of ail.

Zerg Banelings. Their ambushes are so terrifying, and because they're so weak, it takes skill to use them. It was fun watching the terran player in BR 2 defuse their threat; sometimes he made them blow up on low-cost targets, other times the zerg player micro'd them to the terran weak point.
    Least Favorite: Brood lord. Guardians were high enough tier, now we have something with a lame name that has loads of hp and therefore costs more without any corresponding increase in damage.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

TOSS
    Fav: DT ---> omg 2 models!
    GAY:Nullifier ---> lol looks like a flying fish skeleton

ZERG
    Fav: Ultralisk ---> Good old ultra now looks even more badass
    GAY: Roach ---> Looks kinda cool but kinda op + zerg already got enough gtg units.

TERRAN
    Fav: Viking ---> Model could look better but transformers are cool.
    GAY: Marauder ---> is an ugly piece of walking bulky diarrhea shit. I wasn't a fan of bats but this is just terrible. They need to remodel him.

Terran:
    Favorite: Banshee - cloaked death from above
    Least: (none)

Zerg:
    Favorite: Swarm Guardian - old guardian type attack + broodlings = very yes
    Least: Infestor - lots of potential, but still needs work

Protoss:
    Favorite: Void Ray - death from above for large ground units and buildings
    Least: Mothership - lots of potential, but still needs work

Update: fell behind with my updates, and didn't realize the swarm guardian was replaced by the brood lord... well, it's still my fave.
    Last edited by Zero; 05-12-2009 at 12:49 AM.

TERRAN
    Fav: Banshee - Always loved the design of it. It's just so perfect. AMAZING
    Least: Thor - Too many issues. Don't add a unit cause you think it would look cool

PROTOSS
    Fav: Colossus - The design is sweet and ever since its attack increase it's really found a special place in my heart.. even if it is the bane of my zerg
    Least: Mothership - Never been happy with the unit or it's abilities

ZERG
    Fav: Swarm Guardian / Brood Lord - I am in love with this unit. New design change kind of broke my heart though.
    Least: Lurker - New design please
    MAGIKARP USE A SPLASH ATTACK!

Terran
    The Good: Gameplay: Marauders. +Concept: Banshee.
    The Bad: Viking. Ground form = useless.
    The Ugly: Raven, because he still has HSM and still does not have spider mines!

Protoss
    The Good: Gameplay: Stalker. +Concept: Immortal.
    The Bad: Phoenix. Unfun all around.
    The Ugly: Mothership & Carrier. What are you doing, Blizz? Might as well replace the Phoenix with the Corsair.

Zerg
    The Good: Gameplay: Roach. +Concept: Overseer.
    The Bad: Lurker. Maybe just because I haven't heard enough about him.
    The Ugly: Infestor. Swarm Lord. I mean, Brood Guardian. We liked the original just fine, Blizz. Way to break something that was working.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png