Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam Raimi (Evil Dead, Spider-man) to direct WoW?

Default Sam Raimi (Evil Dead, Spider-man) to direct WoW?

Thought this might be of interest to someone:
    http://screenrant.com/world-warcraft...imi-rob-18054/

"...There’s a limitless potential here to make something very special and entirely new. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a massive film franchise spawn out of this if Raimi kicks it off to a strong start. Not a stretch considering the built-in fanbase who pay a monthly subscription to play the game."

We endorse the LAN in Starcraft 2 Please. Petition to Blizzard Entertainment.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/LANSC2/petition.html

LANHAMMER: 252,778
    252,778 against the removal of LAN in StarCraft 2!
    IGN's Article Regarding The Petition Reaching 55,000, "...eliminating LAN play reduces choice"

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Sam Raimi (Evil Dead, Spider-man) to direct WoW?

Yup I read that yesterday, I have hopes for this movie, I mean the team worked on Dark Knight, 12 Monkeys. Raimi directed Evil Dead and Spiderman series. Good that it's not Uwe Boll - heh I remember Uwe asked once Blizzard if he can be the director of a movie based on their franchise (don't know which) and they said that they won't, especially him.

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

It's the kind of movie which, if it happens, and it actually resembles the world, I'll feel absolutely compelled to watch even if I'm expecting the worst movie ever. The only exception is the Dragon Ball movie, because besides the name that they share, there is absolutely no link between the movie and the manga

Heh, I wrote about that too (and too yesterday) but on polish site (filmweb.pl). I hope that this movie will be as great as Lord of the Ring - charismatic heroes, interesting plot, enormous battle scenes.

On the other hand - I'm wondering that Blizzard do sometime a movie based on StarCraft?

The Armageddon is coming...

StarCraft Area - www.scarea.pl

Yeah, could get interesting...
    Althou, its a WarCraft movie, not a WoW movie :P
    [/picky]

Scientists measure a second as the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods
    of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine
    levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom.
    Or the duration of 9,192,631,770 matches where David Kim crushes you head to head in StarCraft 2

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Equiliari View Post
    Yeah, could get interesting...
    Althou, its a WarCraft movie, not a WoW movie :P
    [/picky]
    obvious Equiliari is being obivous

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

Zigurd's Avatar Junior Member

The guy is a good director, I am quite happy. Hopefully the adaptation is written by somebody competent, unlike those who wrote the script for Dragonball.

I was never a fan of the Spider-Man movies; I cite the script, cinematography and acting as all being sub-par, and the series as a whole fell short of my expectations. However, I've heard surprisingly good reviews about Drag Me to Hell, and enjoyed The Evil Dead Movies. Considering how cozy Raimi and his team are getting with the Blizzard staff, however, I'm not very worried.

I am, and shall forever remain, an avid-WoW hater. That said, my friend loaned me WarCraft III/Frozen Throne, and couldn't get enough. I found the voice acting less than inspiring, but the game was nevertheless enThralling. (Hehe, see what I did there? I made a... oh nevermind...)
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I wish Blizz would create a Starcraft movie seriously, it would be so badass.

We all know what's going to happen with a Warcarft movie.

Skanky elves and stuff everywhere.

Honestly, WC is the last franchise of theirs that I'd want a movie to be made out of. Even Diablo is preferred.

But anyway I'll watch it anyway just because I know Blizzard is damn awesome.

Skanky elves and stuff everywhere.
    WarCraft wasn't like that until World of WarCraft came out. I kinda doubt the movie is going to be like that, especially with Sam Raimi at the helm. He usually likes to go for more tongue in cheek understated stuff.