Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skywalk Colossus

Default Re: Skywalk Colossus

Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    Most certainly true. Blizzard won't ban people for their screw ups. Not that I support exploitation of glitches.
    Except that they have several times in WoW. There was a bug that let people get multiple treats during a halloween event in WoW, people caught exploiting it were suspended. Several top guilds exploited bugs in the game during an encounter and received a suspension. A group of mages learned a way to solo a raid instance using the tools given to them, they were suspended.

They didnt do it for BW I dont think, but their recent changes and what is at stake for SC2 might make them suspend people doing this on the ladder, particularly because it can be abused and is game changing. This isnt floating a drone here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy_I28tQ4mI

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.

Seriously, why do you people think that bug abusing is ok? As far as I know, you can get ban for bug abusing, it certainly isn't ok since it shouldn't be part of the game. Especially some so game breaking bugs like Skywalk Colossus, or in SC BW, Disabling Interceptors with Plague, Disabling Turrets with Observers, Floating Drone etc etc.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Not necessarily true, especially if it is a ladder game. I expect this bug to be fixed fairly quickly, but abusing it could very well earn you a vacation from SC2 as they did suspend accounts in WoW for abusing bugs/glitches in the game.
    WTF? They should suspend programmers for it, not players.
    I wouldn't exploit a bug, and it would be quite bad if my adversary did it, but IMO if it can be done just by playing the game, they should STFU and fix it ASAP, instead of suspending players for their own mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Except that they have several times in WoW. There was a bug that let people get multiple treats during a halloween event in WoW, people caught exploiting it were suspended. Several top guilds exploited bugs in the game during an encounter and received a suspension. A group of mages learned a way to solo a raid instance using the tools given to them, they were suspended.

They didnt do it for BW I dont think, but their recent changes and what is at stake for SC2 might make them suspend people doing this on the ladder, particularly because it can be abused and is game changing. This isnt floating a drone here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy_I28tQ4mI
    Eh, that might be an exception. WoW has paying customers, and they may have already warned players against using the exploit.

Quite frankly they have no right banning players for abusing a bug they left in the game. It would show lack of integrity to do so. And they've never done this with exploits in any other game.

Again...I'm not defending the use of exploits. Just saying they can't fault players for abusing their own mistakes.

ok... enough talk over game ethics this thread is more related to the Skywalk Strat. So anyone seeing this used anywhere else? =)
    I know in Metaopolis the Colies will spawn in the city and the bottom of the abyss but because they're are so tall you can see them just a little bit =)

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Added vid to OP.

Oi, cool! Remember that olr BW trick, when you build a Gateway under your enemy's plateu, wall off every exit, and viola - Dragoons pop up up there? XD

Long Live Starcraft Bugs!
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    broodmywarcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Kknewkles View Post
    Oi, cool! Remember that olr BW trick, when you build a Gateway under your enemy's plateu, wall off every exit, and viola - Dragoons pop up up there? XD

Long Live Starcraft Bugs!
    You mean the trick I already linked to had you bothered to read the thread?

>_<

I got this bug to work in a game vs. coms. I would not use it against a live player. Such things do not constitute fair play, imho. I'm not seeing it used, btw.
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    You mean the trick I already linked to had you bothered to read the thread?

>_<
    ? *Read the thread*
    Right, sorry!
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    broodmywarcraft