Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I kinda want to see a Terran Melee Unit

Default Re: I kinda want to see a Terran Melee Unit

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    I don't see any ways this could work in the starcraft universe.
    Why not? I mean, they shouldn't make a new melee unit for terran, but the marines could have a bayonet attack animation when fighting other melee units. Same DPS and everything but just a cool visual.

Remember Warfield in the cinematic? He used a bayonet on his Gauss Rifle to kill a Hydra or Ling, can't remember....

But yeah, I wouldn't be upset if they didn't waste their time with this. Terran is primarily a technologically ranged race, whereas toss has the Martial Arts and Zerg the brute force thing going.

Well it doesn't make much sense that at close combat, with a bayonet, the marine would do the same DPS as with his gun. It's more acceptable in the case of the hydralisk and roach because the rate of fire of their ranged attack is not as fast as the marine's weapon. So yeah, I don't want to see the marine stab stuff at the same rate as he shoot stuff and if you change that rate but still keep the same DPS then you lose your visual indication and that's bad for gameplay. A melee animation would make more sense for the marauder but then again, how would you justify the slow effect? "They've been hit so hard that they can't move as fast!" shouldn't that be true for pretty much every attack then? I guess a melee animation could work for the ghost though.

CrowToss's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KadajSouba View Post
    My head exploded... Lol

What about a Terran Ninja?

Its a melee unit that uses a "Neosteel Katana", it has cloak (not permanent), an upgrade to make him move faster, cliff jumping, and the "shuriken strike" ability that hits 3 targets for 30 damage to each one.
    No, no, a thousand times no! StarCraft is not Gundam wing. StarCraft is not Naruto. Play Dynasty Warriors or Ninja Gaiden or something if this sort of thing really turns your crank. It's super neato cool, but so brutally NOT StarCraft it hurts. The lore forbids such flashy units with little 'real world' practicality that are simply "awesome b/c it's a ninja".

Fenix would turn in his grave if this showed up in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowToss View Post
    No, no, a thousand times no! StarCraft is not Gundam wing. StarCraft is not Naruto. Play Dynasty Warriors or Ninja Gaiden or something if this sort of thing really turns your crank. It's super neato cool, but so brutally NOT StarCraft it hurts. The lore forbids such flashy units with little 'real world' practicality that are simply "awesome b/c it's a ninja".

Fenix would turn in his grave if this showed up in the game.
    doesn't have to be a ninja but hey since Cybercats are already in lore why not give Predator Multiplayer value?

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    A melee animation would make more sense for the marauder but then again, how would you justify the slow effect? "They've been hit so hard that they can't move as fast!" shouldn't that be true for pretty much every attack then? I guess a melee animation could work for the ghost though.
    Ha! How do you justify it anyways? "A grenade exploded on me, i need to move slower"? Seriously, it made sense when the Queen thrown that goo over people, but a grenade?

"sir, i don't understand, who needs a knife in a nuke fight?"

the only person i've seen melee in the terran military is nova from the canceled ghost.

maybe your wanting the canceled game's psi blade nova had for the ghost unit, or for a ghost to snap necks as it sneaks up to units cloaked like nova would do to zealots.

CrowToss's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blasterion View Post
    doesn't have to be a ninja but hey since Cybercats are already in lore why not give Predator Multiplayer value?
    The robo tiger is an abomination, lore wise. Let us never speak of it again.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowToss View Post
    The robo tiger is an abomination, lore wise. Let us never speak of it again.

Blitz's Avatar Junior Member

lol your kidding right....?A robotiger....... BWAHAHA
    ZERG RUSH!!!

all this robo tiger negativity makes me like it now.

i just thought up something cool it could do too!. it whole purpose of the unit would be to show how much you pwned the enemy player.

send in tigers to their peon lines and watch as the tigers pick up the peons in their mouths and shake them around. also works on marines and other small units.

give the tigers a non energy ability of oil leaking so they can lay down puddles on ramps for a short time making it impossible to walk up the ramp because units keep slipping down.

i dunno where i'm going with this.