View Poll Results: Will you pay for GSL season 2?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 34.62%
  • No

17 65.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSL Season II

Randobob's Avatar Junior Member

Default GSL Season II

So, day 4 of prelims are done for the GSL. If you go check it out you'll see fan favorites Nada, Boxer, TLO, Fruitdealer, Idra, and others have qualified. It's basically a fact that these games will be the best replays around, so I was just curious how many people will bite the bullet, and pay for the season ticket, and who will not. Keep in mind they were really starting to crack down on second hand Vods, and it's only going to get more difficult to find the replays online without paying for them.

Let the poll begin.
    The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw...

Default Re: GSL Season II

price is still $20 per season for those of us that didnt pay for teh first one aint it?

then no. ill be able to catch some of it live, and im active enough in looking for 2nd hand VOD's that ill be probable not to miss out on too many of the truly great games.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

GSL is one of the best deals going in terms of entertainment/hour per dollar ratio. With a movie costing roughly 8-10 bucks for 2 hrs, the GSL comes in as a fantastic buy with countless hours of entertainment. Loved the first season and with Nada & Boxer joining the second, it only looks to get better.

its great for what it is, but for most of us it cant be compared with movies because its so hard to share the experience.

... i hope where getting there, but atm i cant really conceive of many western GSL consumers making actual social events out of watching GSL-matches as you would out of watching movies or traditional sporting events.

... its that type of behaviour that pushes the willingness to pay for the convenience of guaranteed easily available high-quality entertainment over the edge; if im watching it alone anyways, it matters much less that my viewing of it is a bit unpredictable / inconsistent / lower quality.

GOMtv would clearly benefit from additional payment options - in particular a lower lowest price to pay for a limited yet coherent set of games of reasonable (not necessarily top-notch) image quality, and near guaranteed gameplay quality / relevance (for example the semi's and finals)

... i would expect there to be some degree of agreement on this matter within the western community. if there is, a message conveying this should be sent though the proper channels; GOMtv.net message board?
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.

Hi.

dustinbrowder's Avatar Banned

Its $9 or around 5 euros, so if I really wanted to watch it, yes I would pay, but since I'm not that interested I'm not going to pay.

where are you getting that info?

standard price is $19.95 discounted price is 14:95 ... but that only applies if yuove already purhcased season 1.
    http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens2/p...ne/Service.php

Hi.

As much as I complained about the high prices, and though I would still love to see a price deduction for future seasons.... alas, I cannot miss this. Too many epic players in the tournament and it's easily my favorite sport so I think I'll be scraping up $20 to get it this month.

Xeonio's Avatar Junior Member

Are the games commentated or are they just streamed replays?
    My blog.

Maul's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonio View Post
    Are the games commentated or are they just streamed replays?
    English commentary live in the studio
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

Quote Originally Posted by Todie View Post

... i hope where getting there, but atm i cant really conceive of many western GSL consumers making actual social events out of watching GSL-matches as you would out of watching movies or traditional sporting events.
    It can be a social event watching the VODs, at least in the US. Don't think most ppl with get up at the middle of the night to watch the games live. Btw, I just purchased the S2 ticket and they now have HQ VODs (1280x720), something sorely missing from S1. Strangely enough, the HQ live stream is still 640x360. <shrugs>.