Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BlizzCon 2010: Give Us Your Lore Questions!

Default Re: BlizzCon 2010: Give Us Your Lore Questions!

Even if Protoss derive energy from sunlight, how do they acquire mass? How do they recover from loss of blood or the like?

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticTemplar View Post
    Even if Protoss derive energy from sunlight, how do they acquire mass? How do they recover from loss of blood or the like?
    This I can actually answer. Photosynthesis requires more than just energy. Plants absorb water and carbon dioxide, and use light energy to fuel a chemical reaction that produces starch, their food, and oxygen. Its already been written in lore Protoss can absorb water, and thus the drug known as Sundrop, through their skin. Add CO2 and boom... starch to fuel their tissue growth.

Is there any impact from Raynor's capture of TV stations and translation of evidence of Mengzk's crimes? Will it be shown in future parts?
    WoL doesn't give the clear answer, Mengzk is still the emperor, nothing has changed actually.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticTemplar View Post
    E = m*c^2

thus

m = E / c^2

Had to be very efficient at getting sunlight, however
    I would had used Psi energy, that requires not much explanation on it's power. They can cast Psi Storm, after all (it used to be powerful ).

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

So now that Kerrigan is deinfested does it mean the Zerg are running rampant with no control?

And if so, then why doesn't Mengsk, who is currently the strongest power in the sector (besides maybe the Protoss), go and hunt down Raynor and finish them off?

And seriously, can you give a better excuse to the assassination scenario? Saying he'll become a Martyr is BS. Raynor could get assassinated and have his Hyperion sent into a star and no one would know the difference between that and if he had gotten mauled by a Panda bear guy on some random ice planet.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaCadimus View Post
    Q: Considering the historic of retcons seen in Wings of Liberty, the greatest one, in my opinion, and the most revolting was the absence of any references or even a single reminding of Fenix. Will Fenix have a reminding in future expansions? Why hasn't he been referenced in WoL?
    The reason Fenix likely wasn't mentioned is that it was unnecessary. Don't get me wrong, I like Fenix. I was hoping he'd be infested before I knew it was impossible. Anyway, they likely left him out so it wouldn't confuse players new to StarCraft. He helped out here and there, was a great Protoss and all, but it was just unnecessary information. There might be a reference in LotV, but at least for the first campaign, and the lack of focus on the Dark Templar and Aiurian Protoss on Shakuras, it was left out because it didn't add anything to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel
    Why didn't Raynor load "The Laser" on the Hyperion? Seems quite useful.
    Game-play scaling issues. We don't know for sure how big the laser drill was, but it could've been as big as the Hyperion for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel
    Why did Kerrigan still had that Psi tendrils after de-infestation? Was that dormant human DNA instead of Zerg, or something like that?
    We don't know for sure what the artifact device did to Kerrigan, but the remaining hair tendrils likely could've been from dormant Zerg DNA. We do know that in HotS, Kerrigan will rise up again as the leader of the Zerg, so it's not unthinkable that some Zerg DNA was left in her.
    [CENTER]

- What happened to the old, marine-sized Firebat?

- How do the Dark Templar turn themselves into Stalkers? (I would ask why Aiurians can't use the same process, but I suspect they'll respond with that "shadow essence" bullcrap)

- Are there other sizable, Aiurian Protoss populations on other planets/colonies besides those on Shakuras and the Tal'darim?

Thanks for the answers, I withdraw my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacaier View Post
    - What happened to the old, marine-sized Firebat?
    They got an upgrade. I remember Swann saying something about these being a new Mark version, bigger and tougher than the older Firebat armors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacaier
    - How do the Dark Templar turn themselves into Stalkers? (I would ask why Aiurians can't use the same process, but I suspect they'll respond with that "shadow essence" bullcrap)
    Shadow essence... oooOOOooo.
    [CENTER]

-Some answers and questions:

-Tosh has been confirmed not to appear in HotS. Same criteria probably applies to Hanson as well.

-Been covered, but I have to agree that there was never any real reason to mention Fenix. His story ended on Korhal. Deal with it, ya crazy fanboys.

-The nanites question is a good one, but remember how Hanson says that the zerg's virus mutates so rapidly, a cure is practically impossible. I suspect the nanites no longer work, unable to keep up with mutating virology.

-The psi tendrils may be hair kind of. Kimera pointed out once that hair consists of dead cells. As such, there's nothing for the artifact to reverse biologically.

-Armory descriptions point to firebats as "next generation" or words to that effect. It's simply a new type of CMC-660.

-Yes, there are other colonized protoss worlds. Off the top of my head, Ehlna and Ash'Arak are among them.

Now the questions:

-It's been repeatedly stated that there's no canon in regards to branching storylines while the dvd implies otherwise. Is there any kind of personal canon in regards to these choices? Will there ever be? I'm not opposed to choices in missions, but I still like to know the true story.

-What locations and characters can we expect in HotS? Can any insight be given into Kerrigan's nature in the game?

-Tassadar...I'm reciprocal overall to WoL's campaign and would call it a good one, but Tassadar coming back is still iffy for me. Now maybe I'll become reciprocal to his reincarnation by the ending of LotV, but can any insight be given into his current status/history and what the rationale was for reviving him?

-Do you think LotV will close the saga completely? Or, like Diablo and Warcraft, are there projections for future storylines (grasping at straws here, but I personally suspect that LotV may completely end the series, all things considered. Still, you never know...)

-Will we ever actually SEE other sapient species in some form or another? Yes, they've been alluded to numerous times, sometimes even named (e.g. the kalathi) but to date we've never really seen them. I understand that adding a fourth playable species would be difficult and I think three races in an RTS sense is sufficient, but even if it's only in EU material, is there ever a chance that more alien cultures could be fleshed out?
    Last edited by Hawki; 10-08-2010 at 07:51 PM.