Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BlizzCon 2010: Give Us Your Lore Questions!

Default BlizzCon 2010: Give Us Your Lore Questions!

BlizzCon 2010 is right around the corner, and several of our staff members, including myself, will be there. As usual, there will be a session dedicated to StarCraft lore. Since StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty has only been out a little over two months, there is still a lot for us to dissect and debate from the storyline of the campaign. However, this is an opportunity for us to clear up some of those loose ends in the storyline. Here is where all of you come in.

StarCraft: Legacy needs you to give us your lore questions. There's no limit to how many questions you can give us, but posting a lot of questions won't guarantee one of yours will be asked. We need well-thought-out questions. If we're going to be standing up there on international viewing, we want a good question so we don't make fools out of ourselves. And for those who may be more familiar with the Frontline series or the books, feel free to help us out by answering questions that may have already been answered elsewhere.

The deadline will be 12:01am on Monday, Oct. 18th, to give us time to compile all of the questions and pick out the best for us to ask. Lore-buffs, unite!
    [CENTER]

Default Re: BlizzCon 2010: Give Us Your Lore Questions!

- Will Tosh and Ariel be appearing in the expansions? It has been stated in the past that any branching options won't affect the later games, but it is also mentioned on the cinematics DVD that a canon plot does exist. Tosh in particular was a cool character; it'd suck to see him go.
    Last edited by Sheliek; 10-06-2010 at 10:22 PM.

- Why is the story full of old cliches and deus ex machima?

Are other Terran factions, or more specifically, will the Umojan Protectorate be making any appearances in the next two installments?

They've been alluded to repeatedly over the years through the novels and the frontline manga, but they've yet to be seen in any SP campaign thus far.

1. Are minor characters such as Swann, Stetmann and Gen. Warfield likely/planned to make an appearance in either sequel or have the voice actors been let go?

2. Will decisions made and/or mission played in WoL affect events in HotS or will they be independent of one another?
    Last edited by mr. peasant; 10-07-2010 at 05:59 AM.

1. Are you happy with shallow uneventful and totally predictable storyline of SC2:WOL? (So so bitter).
    2. Is the loss of Kerrigan reflected in how UP zerg is in 1v1? (JJ)

^_^ Ignore me I am ignorant of the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    - Will Tosh and Ariel be appearing in the expansions? It has been stated in the past that any branching options won't affect the later games, but it is also mentioned on the cinematics DVD that a canon plot does exist? Tosh in particular was a cool character; it'd suck to see him go.
    Just wanna say that this question has to be asked ^^. The DVD implied a canon plot, but I don't think it was explicitly stated, and I'd love to know.

Couple questions!

1) Will Kerrigan be 'good' in Heart of the Swarm? That is to say, will we be playing as Zerg and be the goodguys at the same time?

2) Even though it says that Tychus is dead in the menu, I'm still kinda hoping that that's not necessarily the case - is he definitely dead?

3) There is a Donny Vermillion android model in the editor - if this doesn't factor into the expansions, then what was the story behind the creation of that model?

4) (Bonus question if you guys wouldn't mind ^^) Did you guys [Blizzard] come up with a background story for Annabelle Thatcher? She is probably the single best character in StarCraft .
    The only place for a hamshank is on the dinner plate!

There's a reason why Edward Longshanks was an evil git in 'Braveheart'! Down with the shanks! All of them!

Q: Considering the historic of retcons seen in Wings of Liberty, the greatest one, in my opinion, and the most revolting was the absence of any references or even a single reminding of Fenix. Will Fenix have a reminding in future expansions? Why hasn't he been referenced in WoL?
    SC II - HOTS Coming Soon... What to expect? I don't know, I'm busy playing WoL.

I failed a thousand-fold to many enemies, but won a hundred victories over the same enemy. Now he trembles in fear, knowing I am bettering at prevailing. Tremble, enemies of the Code. For I am Legionnaire and you are my enemy. Therefore, today, thou fall! - Imperator Davien Servolo III.

Why do not occupy protoss nanobot serum used in Stukov the settlers (or Kerrigan)?

Why did Kerrigan still had that Psi tendrils after de-infestation? Was that dormant human DNA instead of Zerg, or something like that?

Do you feel that the Tosh and Hanson side-missions were really meaningfull to the story? How are you going to resolve in lore the different choices Raynor could take in the game, considering that reality was completely altered depending on what you chosen, like in the Haven mission? Are we even going to see some of those characters again, considering they die after some of your choices, or they were simply cannon-fodder characters and would never be talked again?

Why didn't Raynor load "The Laser" on the Hyperion? Seems quite useful.

Why where characters like Mr. Eko introduced? ... err... sorry, wrong panel