Thread: How do I block someone?

Default How do I block someone?

I'm being assaulted by some guy called clinster, but I have absolutely no way of finding his ID (I can't click the chat window or anything to get his character code) nor can I find anyway to block this guy.

How the hell do I block someone?

Edit: Well all you do is click the expand arrow and the options are there.

IMO, they need to make it so that when you right click the chat window, if you're chatting with one person give you options. The design is definitely from the mindset of XBOX LIVE
    Last edited by Wankey; 09-29-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Default Re: How do I block someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
    How the hell do I block someone? B.net 2.0 is such bullshit. And I can't add friends via chat window. What a load of bullshit.
    You can add people by right-clicking their name if you're in a party or in the same lobby. You can also add people if you've been in a match with them before.

As far as I can tell, they have to be on your friend's list in order to block them.

Not neccessary, if you have a chat window open with them (which will happen when they harrass you) move your mouse to the right border of the open chat window, you will see a tab there with an arrow, Click it to see the people who are current in the chat. You will see your icon and the offender's icon, Right click on their portrait, click "more..." and "block communication."
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Gifted View Post
    Not neccessary, if you have a chat window open with them (which will happen when they harrass you) move your mouse to the right border of the open chat window, you will see a tab there with an arrow, Click it to see the people who are current in the chat. You will see your icon and the offender's icon, Right click on their portrait, click "more..." and "block communication."
    Hm. I never really noticed it. Probably because I've only opened that part of the window once and it was such a long time ago that it didn't come to mind.
    Last edited by Sarov; 09-29-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Anyone else miss "/squelch?"

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Anyone else miss "/squelch?"
    Nope. It's the same thing but you just have to know how to use bnet a bit (just like 90% of BW people didn't know how to use /squelch or most of the friend list functionalities).

Quote Originally Posted by Gifted View Post
    Okay yeah, found that. That arrow is pretty undiscoverable.

@Wankey: Glad to help out then ^_^ Interesting fact, if you have a lot of people in your friends list, you can use that to invite them to a "chatroom" of sorts.

@Demo: Trust me man, I miss squelch just as much as you. 100% agree.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel