Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Psi blades are all cool and all but....

Default Re: Psi blades are all cool and all but....

Quote Originally Posted by Blasterion View Post
    well just saying that Claymores are more manlier than say a psi whip or something
    What, you mean like this?
    Manly to the point of being ridiculous?

Note: I can't decide if that link is SFW or not, but I'm pretty sure it is.

As for the Marauder, the best solution that I've seen is the 3-second immunity. It seems like that would be easier to balance, although I've not played enough to know how well Zealots survive the first slowdown.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I suggested a unit long ago called the Epoch which used supercooled liquid hydrogen instead of fire to attack. It was meant to be a support unit for Marines, like the Firebat. The unit worked much like the Firebat doing damage to the exposed flesh of light units, but also slowed all enemy movement, freezing both biological joints and mechanical engines. This let Marines do more damage before the enemy got to them.

Not 2 months later Blizzard announced the Marauder. A support unit which slowed enemy units.

Coincidence? Maybe.
    But if it's like a Firebat, it will have quite short range, and that means that the affected unit won't be affected much, and only if it's melee (well, that's what happends now, anyways).
    I liked the idea of using a cooldown as suggested above. It's stupid for the unit to slow the target permanently as long as it keeps shooting, cutting the unit speed in half.

The cooldown could be applied to the Marauder, instead of the target, so that only 1 attack every x seconds is Concussive, and it won't be affected by Stimpacks. Hell, they shouldn't have Stimpacks, because the damage vs Armored is already hiper-powerful for cost without it.

Another point, is that the disadvantage of using Stimpacks for any unit is defeated by cheap and very fast healing. It could have an overload-like mechanic, where the unit is disabled for a little time after using it, or it shoots and moves slower. Maybe movement speed shouldn't be affected at all, so that the enemy can try to dodge your stimmed troops, and you can try to move away during the reduced attack speed phase.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by phazonjunkie View Post
    A few marines in a bunker at your choke should shut down any early stalker harass I'd think.

And put you behind, assuming you got it before the Stalkers came which would mean you put it down for the hell of it and would mean that you would have to do this just about every game which would ruin diversity.

@DSquid: You're not worth the time of reading every single response. If you can't write well enough to make your posts understandable by themselves for something so simple then the problem is with you.

(Also, it's not like you've ever extended me the same courtesy )

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Not 2 months later Blizzard announced the Marauder. A support unit which slowed enemy units.
    Stop flattering yourself. The unit was probably in the game for a long time before they announced it. Either way, the fact is that once they've announced a unit they've thought of it for a long time. Much longer than two months.

Besides, it's not like your idea is original.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 09-27-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

So basically.

Cloud Strife needs to be in StarCraft 2 for the Protoss.

Omnislash everything to hell