Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Psi blades are all cool and all but....

Default Re: Psi blades are all cool and all but....

Well the thing that is even stupider than the double scythe is that they don't slash with the dark psi blade. They just stab with it -.-

Could the a giant psionic claymore for the archon.
    ~KyranX

Quote Originally Posted by Blasterion View Post
    Double scythe > Single Warp Blade Dagger
    unless it's zeratul
    No. Its fucking stupid. It would never work as a viable weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerIV View Post
    I kind of see the logic of Marauders with the concussive shell. Protoss have the sentry with forcefield. Zerg have the infestor with fungal growth. They all have the ability to make an army slow down or stop for a few seconds. Forcefield to help deal with a larger force attacking. Fungal growth to help deal with mobile armies. Concussive shell to help deal with same sized or smaller sized armies.

Personally I have no problem with concussive shell and marauders where they are at now. Somehow I think sentry harass at a mineral line with forcefields and warp prism has the chance to be very annoying. Never seen it before but I have thought that if you load a prism with sentries and drop them off. Attack the probes and just when the opposing army comes to clear you out....forcefield over all the minerals so he can't mine for 15secs. Run off. Don't know how effective you all think that would be though.
    The problem isn't the shells.

The Marauder should support the Marines. Not replace them. It should tank with high HP. It should do extra damage to armored units to help against units with more HP. It should use stun to keep melee units away and let Marines deal more damage at range. And it does all that. The problem is that it does all that TOO WELL.

Maybe that's the problem. The Marauder is so perfect at what it does that Blizzard doesn't want to change it and would rather adjust everything around it.:P

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

What about this guy?

A zealot with arm cannons------a Marauder's worst nightmare?

Quote Originally Posted by phazonjunkie View Post
    What about this guy?

A zealot with arm cannons------a Marauder's worst nightmare?
    LOL. How would charge work with arm cannons?? When they fire you see the zealot slow down his charge cos of the recoil??:P

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

I've always thought that thing looked silly.

Marauder range should be lowered so that it would empathize the tank portion of the Marauder. It would force Marauders to be in front of the Marines so the Marauders would actually be tanking for Marines. But then again, how did this turn into a Marauder discussion?

Any ways, I can't understand why there is two blades when they don't even use the other blade when they slash. Seriously? Zealots got two psi blades and they hit 2x but Dark Templars have double sided scythe and use only one side. I know that it would be OP if they hit 2x but I'm just saying that this is illogical.
    ~KyranX

Quote Originally Posted by kyr200 View Post
    Any ways, I can't understand why there is two blades when they don't even use the other blade when they slash. Seriously? Zealots got two psi blades and they hit 2x but Dark Templars have double sided scythe and use only one side. I know that it would be OP if they hit 2x but I'm just saying that this is illogical.
    As I stated before: the double scythe is a non-sense, unusable weapon. If it was a duel ended spear it might have some legitimacy, but the curved scythes just makes it absurdly dangerous to the one wielding it.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I've always thought that thing looked silly.
    No, THIS looks silly!

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Good points Demo Squid. Apparently there is some1 at blizzard who loves marauders
    That would be Dustin Browder